Trick or Treat Studios - Terrifier - 1/6 Art the Clown

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightmare Toys shipped mine out!
Asta, I don't know if this is good or bad but I like that you get your figures before I do. The ideas for improvement run through my head and they are similar to yours. Since you get them first I learn from you. My risks are minimized.:peace

Got my Selfie Murder Edition Art. At first I wasn't sure about the "printed on" look of the blood, but on the shelf he looks bloody fantastic. I'm not into the blood gimmicks normally but on Art it's a homerun.
20220115_210929.jpg
20220115_210941.jpg

No. On the white only. Got up a checked it. Black is clean. The blood is not ideal but it works better than I thought it would have(when first I saw the stock photos). Then again I'm not wearing my glasses so the blood looks semi realistic from a far. I'm happy with him at the price they are selling him at. Their figures are a bargain compared to the Sideshow Hot Toys ect ect. I'm actually appreciative how they don't pile on accessories that I would have left in the box anyways. I like how they are selling the stands separately so people who don't need them they just don't buy it. It makes buying Multiple figures of the same characters and more obscure ones fun without breaking the bank. So far so good with ToTs. I'm so eagerly awaiting more of their 1/6 figures. Sam and 2 more Myers next but I'm hoping for a few other horror icons.

Here are a few pics of the side and rear w a close up on the face.

Attachments

• 20220115_234655.jpg
    20220115_234655.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220115_234707.jpg
    20220115_234707.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220115_234720.jpg
    20220115_234720.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220115_234734.jpg
    20220115_234734.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 69
Nightmare Toys shipped mine out!
Asta, I don't know if this is good or bad but I like that you get your figures before I do. The ideas for improvement run through my head and they are similar to yours. Since you get them first I learn from you. My risks are minimized.:peace

I found out later from watching a video review how he was meant to hold the hacksaw: three fingers around the handle, and the little finger underneath. So it didn't need white tack in the hand at all.

Head movement is still limited due to the design, even with cutting the body. The neck can only move so far on the peg.

I put him on a Sideshow stand to match those of Jason and Freddy, so getting him to 6' 2" makes him more imposing, especially against Freddy.

The only problem is that the soles of his boots are slippery on the stand, so I used a little bit of white rack under them to add grip.

My gripe based on your pictures is that the blood looks printed on. I'm sure with the naked eye it probably isn't that obvious.

My gripe based on your pictures is that the blood looks printed on. I'm sure with the naked eye it probably isn't that obvious.
I agree. When I saw the pics online I didn't think I was going to like it because it looks printed on. When I opened the box it didn't look that great either. I really thought I was going to be disappointed with him but once he was in my detolf possible because of the crouched pose I put him in it looked good to me. Disturbing in fact. Head looks incredible. But yes. The outfit has printed on blood and that's what it looks like especially in close up viewing/pics. But I still love him. I may buy a 3rd to customize but I usually always sell my custom stuff so this is what will be on my shelf and I'm happy with it. Very happy.

what's everyone's thoughts on the new eye position on the production for art the clown with him looking up compared to how it was, looking straight forward in the prototype?

what's everyone's thoughts on the new eye position on the production for art the clown with him looking up compared to how it was, looking straight forward in the prototype?

I preferred him looking straight, especially since the neck doesn't have the range of motion to make looking up work. He's also meant to be a taller character, so at his proper height and alongside other figures you have to hunch him over to make it work. Otherwise he's looking up at someone even taller, or on a level above him.

i think for the cost of the bases that tots is offering, it isn't worth it compared to buying those stands by bulk (cheaper) or spending a little more and getting a custom one from stoney's stands or coco

I agree. I get ones made all the time by shooting artwork I want to the Canton shop. $13-$16 a stand. Usually has specials where after 3 there is some sort of discount so I wait until I know I’m buying like 10 or so stands.

I was finally charged by SS for this dude. Not sure why they are so far behind everyone else receiving theirs. I guess they are taking a page from BBTS's book.

I was finally charged by SS for this dude. Not sure why they are so far behind everyone else receiving theirs. I guess they are taking a page from BBTS's book.
Same. He's on the way! I'll probably leave mine clean.

... im starting to think i know why it took so long through off the rack lol he gets their stock from sideshow and i originally thought it was from TOTS. it totally blew over my head that art is on sideshow. so far, my plan is to probably get the head to 357 for a repaint i probably won't be able to stand the completely black eyes and it is very hard to see what his eye color is because of the filter used but i think this is as close as i can get unless i miss a scene where his eyes are more front and center. definitely looking towards to weathering and bloodying up the one piece suit but i probably dont plan to overdo on the blood.

Terrifier.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AM].jpg

and snagged a set of fingerless glove hands to weather too. my main concern is probably the sizes of the hands since i havent gotten the figure in hand so i cant compare. he'll really benefit with a couple middle fingers

1643526450141.png

I tried pre ordering the bloody selfie edition with the free stand from the official TOTS website..but was pretty pissed that when I went to pay it basically said “they are not shipping to the UK at this point in time” takes the piss! I’ve gone to evil bay and just purchased myself a custom stand to go with my original art. Looks pretty sweet.

Attachments

• F8A45A00-C79C-4BFB-812A-864216185A02.png
    F8A45A00-C79C-4BFB-812A-864216185A02.png
    614.1 KB · Views: 25
Looks pretty cool. Leg joints are kinda loose. No biggie

Attachments

• 20220204_193434.jpg
    20220204_193434.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 29
Back