Trick or Treat Studios - Terrifier - 1/6 Art the Clown

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean got his from Mad About Horror already.

I ordered from there but haven't heard anything yet.
huh i wonder if he's already shipping. on TOTS website, they said the 18-19 is the ETA date. im gonna get my order in from off the rack. i think with some work and futzing, he'll turn out really nice and fit right into a horror collection

huh i wonder if he's already shipping. on TOTS website, they said the 18-19 is the ETA date. im gonna get my order in from off the rack. i think with some work and futzing, he'll turn out really nice and fit right into a horror collection

Mad About Horror still show him as a pre-order expected in January, yet Dean didn't indicate that he'd received his early for review.

But if he got it from MAH then they must already have their stock.

could be a content creator thing, not so sure

It may be to do with when they're permitted by TOTS to send them out, so they all release at the same time.

Dean does sometimes get figures for early review - he said in his video he was surprised how quickly he got them.

Nice figure. Don't think I need a whole new bloodied figure. Will get the head when parted out. Dremeling down on the upper chest would help with tilting the head down. The outfit would hide the mod.

Nice figure. Don't think I need a whole new bloodied figure. Will get the head when parted out. Dremeling down on the upper chest would help with tilting the head down. The outfit would hide the mod.

I was planning on cutting a section out of the chest too. Especially since it looks like they've amended the eyes to look up, he needs to be able to tilt further forwards.

I was planning on cutting a section out of the chest too. Especially since it looks like they've amended the eyes to look up, he needs to be able to tilt further forwards.
Losing some neck articulation isn't great, but I found it aesthetically pleasing how the neck flowed into the shoulders and clavicle.

Losing some neck articulation isn't great, but I found it aesthetically pleasing how the neck flowed into the shoulders and clavicle.

It's the same way Disney/Hasbro did it with their Premium line Krennic. The neck was extra long, doing away with the usual socket joint, which is good if you have a figure wearing an open shirt as the joint doesn't show.

OMG I'm so psyched that this will be out soon. I was happy to hear about the bloody version but the blood on the outfit looks terribly awfully fake. I may buy 2 of the regulars and do my own bloody paint job. I hope they fix that.

Mad About Horror · View shop

19 hrs ·

The Terrifier figures are finally here!
🤡

Check out our YouTube channel now (link in bio) for a full review from @deanknight333

We will be dispatching all Art the clown orders in the new year.

We still have some of these in stock so get your orders in!

really nice looking!! im torn, i cant decide which to like since i really like both of em. i love the clean look but also that bloodied version is 100% going to stand out a lot on the shelf. i might take a page out of dean's video and paint regular 1/6 hands to make it look like he has fingerless gloves on

Dean Knight's came out fantastic(I'm jealous....lol).Time to watch some You Tube videos so I can learn how to paint realistic blood. Thank you Asta for the video. Happy New years to all you freaks:mexwave

Delivery is due today.

Once again, this is going to be weirdest of unboxings.

I was looking at the 'Art the Clown' wiki page this morning and there was a quote from a reviewer that aptly sums up my reaction to the character:

In a positive review for the magazine Starburst, Sol Harris wrote "Art is a truly enigmatic and memorable villain. He frequently veers into the territory of being genuinely unpleasant to watch, which makes him feel somewhat separate from the stable of horror icons such as Freddy Krueger and Chucky.

He was truly enigmatic, never diverging from the mime act that made him an even more disturbing and unrelatable entity. I'd say he was closer to Jason or Michael than the talkative Freddy or Chucky, but even then Art was more repellent because he took so much sadistic pleasure in his acts of 'terrifying' and killing.

There are so many horror films, and so many serial killer characters, but Art stood out in the The 9th Circle and Terrifier short films (handily collected in All Hallow's Eve). Left much more of an impression than the new version of It, and his legacy was cemented with the full length Terrifier.

Still gives me video nasty vibes, as opposed to the more generic 'Hollywood style' horror movies.

No doubt that'll wear off if the films continue and get bigger budgets, and Art becomes more of a household name.

In hand he is a creepy figure.

I think cutting away the body around the neck will be essential because there's no forward movement for the head at all. With his eyes looking up so much he really needs to have his head tilted down.

The other thing that became apparent is that the figure is quite short. I measured him at 11 3/4" above his boot soles, which is only 5' 10 1/2". David Howard Thornton is 6' 2".

So a little more than half an inch needs to be added. The outfit does appear to allow for that, as I filled his boots with white tack and pressed the ankle pegs into it. The legs of the suit are still long enough to pull down over the boots, and can be kept there by the material above being trapped behind the arms of the crotch grabber.

The ruff stays down pretty well on its own, but a bit of double sided tape, as Dean Knight used, would ensure it stays completely flush with the suit.

Snipping away part of the body at the front of the neck didn't seem to create much extra forward movement of the head at first. The problem lies in the design of the neck peg itself.

The sculpt's long neck plugs directly onto the peg on the body, so forward movement is limited by how far the neck can travel on the peg. To get the head forward you have to move it until it starts to creak, which I think is the sculpt actually pulling itself free of the peg. If you pull too far it'll pop off, but there's a sweet spot just before that where it's perfectly secure.

100_1807.JPG
100_1808.JPG

Here he is at 6' 2". The suit rode up while I was changing his pose, but the trousers will pull down over his boots and stay there, as in the final photo with the two Myers (who were both adjusted to match James Jude Courtney's height):

100_1807.JPG

100_1808.JPG

100_1810.JPG

100_1811.JPG

100_1812.JPG
100_1814.JPG

100_1807.JPG

He doesn't hold the hacksaw very well at all, so I had to put white tack on the handle to help him grip it.

100_1809.JPG

I just realised that Anton took it upon himself to try and end the clown. :lol

Back