Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOTS response when I asked for a refund. They still think it's green 😂

View attachment 557547
Mine look grey-green in certain lighting but they are absolutely not spruce green. They really should open one up and look at it. I asked for a partial credit for the gorilla glue Bob sheet. Still waiting for a response. I did point out Alexander's post on YouTube that the factory screwed up which I feel constitutes a defective product.

im not sure why all these QC issues are happening all of a sudden. first asmus and now tots.. i mean tots is probably the more shocking. its just a dark green coverall, how did they not get that right? they couldn't just dunk the coveralls in dye or made the coveralls dark green instead of grey? the pumpkin looks fine, hands look fine, tombstone could probably be more detailed, but the bob sheet... i think it's possible to take the wire out if you make a snip on the back? im not sure if anyone has tried that. times like this, i really wish tots had an account here or listened to people, especially if they want us to buy more. im just hoping when they decide to release sam or even the trick or treaters, that they don't mess it up.

Mine look grey-green in certain lighting but they are absolutely not spruce green. They really should open one up and look at it. I asked for a partial credit for the gorilla glue Bob sheet. Still waiting for a response. I did point out Alexander's post on YouTube that the factory screwed up which I feel constitutes a defective product.

Can you link Alexander's post? I'll send it to them too.

im not sure why all these QC issues are happening all of a sudden. first asmus and now tots.. i mean tots is probably the more shocking. its just a dark green coverall, how did they not get that right? they couldn't just dunk the coveralls in dye or made the coveralls dark green instead of grey? the pumpkin looks fine, hands look fine, tombstone could probably be more detailed, but the bob sheet... i think it's possible to take the wire out if you make a snip on the back? im not sure if anyone has tried that. times like this, i really wish tots had an account here or listened to people, especially if they want us to buy more. im just hoping when they decide to release sam or even the trick or treaters, that they don't mess it up.
Apparently they think the are Spruce Green LOL. I personally like the coveralls but that does not excuse them from advertising a different color.

Apparently they think the are Spruce Green LOL. I personally like the coveralls but that does not excuse them from advertising a different color.
im just so curious now if these companies actually look at their production pieces or not before they get sent out.. or if there's some quality control guy because they seriously need one.. or they're not doing their job properly

1642853732510.png

after the whole debate of the accessory pack that recently just game out, it seems its very mixed. especially what was advertised originally as the prototype and what was released.

im so torn, i already have a kills myers after customizing the 2018 figure and i dont exactly want my entire horror collection to be infested with myers (not that its a bad thing) but would it be worth it to get the accessory pack instead of the original 78 tots figure and just try my hand at dying the coveralls a dark green? im also assuming that i'll need to swap the boots for something more accurate (jungle military boots?)

pros: detailed hands, actual black t shirt underneath instead of just a cloth and a hole (not that its a bad thing), the pumpkin, telephone

cons: not detailed tomb stone, wires in the ghost bob sheet and excess glue on the head sculpt, coveralls arent the right color
View attachment 557555
Compared with the cost of assembling many custom Figures, $90 is relatively inexpensive. For example the new Yunsil H2 coveralls are $450. BUT you should be prepared for what you’re getting. The coveralls are pretty nice and if you can dye them slightly darker and greener, they may be worth the $90 by themselves. And the hands are very nicely detailed and painted. But the black t-shirt is too small and the stitching around the collar makes it almost impossible to stretch the opening to anywhere near screen accuracy. The pumpkin is nicely sculpted but closer to 1/12 scale than 1/6. The phone is great, but perhaps slightly undersized. Even with a repaint the tombstone engraving will still look like it was done by pre-schoolers. And although the glasses aren’t bad, the rest of the Bob sheet is laughable. Only you can determine if the price is worth it. I am using a couple of components in my set ups, but I can also see replacing even those few items with better quality versions in the future.

Compared with the cost of assembling many custom Figures, $90 is relatively inexpensive. For example the new Yunsil H2 coveralls are $450. BUT you should be prepared for what you’re getting. The coveralls are pretty nice and if you can dye them slightly darker and greener, they may be worth the $90 by themselves. And the hands are very nicely detailed and painted. But the black t-shirt is too small and the stitching around the collar makes it almost impossible to stretch the opening to anywhere near screen accuracy. The pumpkin is nicely sculpted but closer to 1/12 scale than 1/6. The phone is great, but perhaps slightly undersized. Even with a repaint the tombstone engraving will still look like it was done by pre-schoolers. And although the glasses aren’t bad, the rest of the Bob sheet is laughable. Only you can determine if the price is worth it. I am using a couple of components in my set ups, but I can also see replacing even those few items with better quality versions in the future.
hmm thank you for the input about the black t shirt, maybe it was the best that they stuck to the cloth with a hole in the middle, at least with that you could stretch it around.. it's definitely gonna take some work but i think it'd be fun to tackle him

That's pretty much my thoughts. The coveralls and hands alone make the cost of the set worth it for me. That's not stopping me from asking for a partial credit though. The factory slapped on too much glue as per Alexander Ray. I wouldn't say the pumpkin is 1/12 scale though. It's significantly larger than the H2 pumpkin that came in NECA's ultimate set.

Has anyone tried removing the wire from the sheet yet? I might tackle that tomorrow. I plan on going to a local fabric store to find some sheet material that will work better than the crap TOTS sent us.

That's pretty much my thoughts. The coveralls and hands alone make the cost of the set worth it for me. That's not stopping me from asking for a partial credit though. The factory slapped on too much glue as per Alexander Ray. I wouldn't say the pumpkin is 1/12 scale though. It's significantly larger than the H2 pumpkin that came in NECA's ultimate set.
1/12 might be an exaggeration but it’s closer to the Mezco 1/12 than it is to an accurate 1/6. L to R:, Mezco, TOTS, Sideshow, accurately-sized Away Team Customs.
13BD5B7F-F887-44CF-A813-9F09178145E4.jpeg

1/12 might be an exaggeration but it’s closer to the Mezco 1/12 than it is to an accurate 1/6. L to R:, Mezco, TOTS, Sideshow, accurately-sized Away Team Customs.View attachment 557753
Thank you for the comparison. Sculpt wise TOTS looks the most accurate IMO. WTF is up with Sideshow's? That's all kinds of wrong.

Thank you for the comparison. Sculpt wise TOTS looks the most accurate IMO. WTF is up with Sideshow's? That's all kinds of wrong.
I refer to Sideshow’s as being the Scooby Do version, now a few other collectors do as well. It really does look like a cartoon version. The TOTS sculpt is dead on, just too bad on the size. There is no question that TOTS is working with very talented artists, they are just blowing it in production.

A.jpg

Of the 4 shown, the TOTs looks the most accurate. It may be on the smaller side, but given we never see it near a person for scale, it's not so much about being "true 1/6" as it is being large enough for people's wishes. Real pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes, there is no "true 1/6" measure.

View attachment 557839

Of the 4 shown, the TOTs looks the most accurate. It may be on the smaller side, but given we never see it near a person for scale, it's not so much about being "true 1/6" as it is being large enough for people's wishes. Real pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes, there is no "true 1/6" measure.

Attachments

• 63C33535-4099-4DAC-995E-2C08A3DB11DB.jpeg
    63C33535-4099-4DAC-995E-2C08A3DB11DB.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 33
View attachment 557839

Yeah this is what I've always thought and it made me wonder why people are saying it's out of scale. Is it smaller than what people may prefer or than other custom versions? Sure. But it's not explicitly out of scale.

that’s the opening sequence pumpkin before it was re-carved, the markings on it match.
Exactly. You can superimpose the two and every scratch and imperfection is perfect. Lots of fans have no real concept of how tight the budget was in 1978. Combine the budget with the fact that pumpkins weren’t in season when H1 filmed, meant they had to reuse pumpkins just like they reused the leaves.

Back