Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the set and it's a good set. The worse thing in the set is the sheet and head. The material seems okay, but it's hard to tell with the glued head and the wired hem. It's difficult to work with. The glued head is just wrong. It looks like a bug. The wired hem was not needed. The pumpkin size works. Perhaps it could have been a bit bigger, but not an issue. The phone looks better in-hand. It is not toyish. The hands are an improvement. Aside from the coveralls not being green they are nicely done. The tombstone is better than I was expecting. The black shirt is not better or worse than what you can find on a lot of sites. It is better than what came with the figure. Overall, I'm glad I purchased it. TOTS fixing later runs on the sheet does suck for those who purchased this first run, though.

Last edited:
Here's some size comparisons between Sideshow , tots Jud ith headstone and the mezco Jack-o-Lantern compared to sideshow and tots
IMG_20220119_201725_993.jpg
20220119_194123.jpg
20220119_193716.jpg
20220119_193351.jpg
20220119_193750.jpg

Repainted and haired TOTS head, TOTS coveralls, TOTS pumpkin, Sideshow tombstone and hands (Banner body). If TOTS learns how to calculate scale and gets some quality controls in place, they could crush it. The next few years should show if
50DB0EE3-A16B-4E00-9810-510FDAD458EB.jpeg
they are serious about 1/6 collecting.

Repainted and haired TOTS head, TOTS coveralls, TOTS pumpkin, Sideshow tombstone and hands (Banner body). If TOTS learns how to calculate scale and gets some quality controls in place, they could crush it. The next few years should show if View attachment 557025they are serious about 1/6 collecting.
Incredible work! How did you go about rehairing him? I just received the hair I ordered but not really sure where to start. Did you resculpt a bald head for him first?

Repainted and haired TOTS head, TOTS coveralls, TOTS pumpkin, Sideshow tombstone and hands (Banner body). If TOTS learns how to calculate scale and gets some quality controls in place, they could crush it. The next few years should show if View attachment 557025they are serious about 1/6 collecting.
That looks freaking amazing!!!! awesome work right here

Incredible work! How did you go about rehairing him? I just received the hair I ordered but not really sure where to start. Did you resculpt a bald head for him first?
I wish I could take credit, but NicolaI Berg painted and haired it. He crushes these. You can find him on Instagram at Login • Instagram

Nicolai does amazing work. He painted and haired my 2018 sculpt a few months ago and still to this day it blows me away every time i look at it. I'll definitely be sending a 78 sculpt off to him at some point (y)

I just received the accessory pack, and I'm beyond disappointed. The only good thing about it is the Doggie Doc phone, but is it the right scale? I can't say as I don't own the original he made years ago. The phone wire is so small too.
As for the Caine pumpkin, I do own the original one (from a small run he made years ago), and while the new TOTS/Caine one is a bit more faithful sculpt-wise, the scale is all wrong and the way the lighting was way better on the original one. What happened? The paint was also much better on the original but that was to be expected I guess.
But the biggest letdown are the coveralls: totally wrong color. They lied to us. It was advertised as green, and there's no green at all on the final product. It's grey. I don't understand this. Can't use these coveralls. The original navy blue were better and I already had issues with them.
I didn't care about the tombstone & sheet but they are a joke.
As for the hands, they are alright but I got better hands from an unknown chinese seller so I won't use 'em either.

Overall this pack is a complete failure, a far cry from what was advertised. Feels extremely cheap except for the box & phone.
This pack reminds me exactly of the 78 TOTS figure: complete failure except for the box. It's crazy.

At this point I'm not going to pre-order anything again from Trick or Treat Studios and will wait to see what the final product looks like.
It's crazy to me that they have very talented & recognized artists within the 1/6 custom world: Tinela, DoggieDoc and Caine. I don't blame the failure of the 78 figure & Accessory pack on those artists. I blame the failure on whoever is in charge of the final product. They're butchering the original work. They clearly cheapen the products. Sure the selling price is very attractive, but you get a cheap product. They should charge more and up their game & quality, otherwise I'm not investing ever again in this company.

Buying this pack was like blind buying a third party Jack Nicholson joker.
It shouldn't be that way, especially since TOTS isn't some unknown weird chinese company that sells third party products. TOTS bought the rights to Halloween and make official 1/6 figures and now accessorry sets. I don't understand how they could fail like this, it was the easiest job in the world. The coveralls were advertised as green. It's not like I'm surprised by the coveralls themselves, I knew what to expect, I already had the 78 figure. I just expected the coveralls to be green. And they're not, they're grey. It's not like there's even a tint of green, there's just no green at all.

And the pumpkin itself, how can they mess up the scale so bad? I'm pretty sure it's not Caine's fault as his original I still own was perfectly scaled, and I bet his prototype for the TOTS accessory pack was perfectly scaled. They clearly reduced the size to reduce the costs, thinking their buyers wouldn't notice and never heard of the original pumpkin by Caine.

It's too much of a hassle to ask for a refund with everything going on in the world, and I do need the phone, but people reviewing this stuff on YouTube should be vocal about how TOTS butchers everything.

To me some people reviewing these sets on YouTube are complete sell-outs because they're friends with either Tinela, Caine, DoggieDoc or all of them, and they want to keep good relationships and advantages and won't speak frankly on this matter.

I understand that for someone who just wants a cheap 1/6 Myers figure and doesn't know about the custom world, the details & scale may not matter that much. But to me it does, and it's still $90 I spent, it's not like $90 is nothing to me and that I tell myself "oh well the accessory set was only $90 and the figure was only $120, fairly good deal even though mostly everything is wrong". And even though I own custom Myers figures, I'm also very interested in the official releases. I'm not expecting a $120 figure to have better painting and material than customs, but I think the coveralls should be the color that was advertised at the very least, and the pumpkin should have the correct scale. I mean, am I crazy for pointing this out?

The worst thing about all of this is that when I look at what Tinela, DoggieDoc and Caine do on their own, they deliver SO MUCH better products than what TOTS does. I guess they're cool with it because they get paid, but are they happy with the result from an artistic point of view? I highly doubt it. And on the other hand of the road, there are customers like me who paid for this and are extremely disappointed.

And again, TOTS is an official company, selling official merchandise. They should have higher standards and expect their customers to have high standards.

SilentSurfer, Spook, Yunsil, DoggieDoc, Tinela, Caine, Fergo and other great talented artists have made marvelous, incredible stuff with Halloween, and I expected TOTS to follow on with this legacy but so far it's a butcher job.

I cancel this after waiting almost 1 year! There is no excuse for this.. Worst then Asmus in my opinion...

It shouldn't be that way, especially since TOTS isn't some unknown weird chinese company that sells third party products. TOTS bought the rights to Halloween and make official 1/6 figures and now accessorry sets. I don't understand how they could fail like this, it was the easiest job in the world. The coveralls were advertised as green. It's not like I'm surprised by the coveralls themselves, I knew what to expect, I already had the 78 figure. I just expected the coveralls to be green. And they're not, they're grey. It's not like there's even a tint of green, there's just no green at all.

And the pumpkin itself, how can they mess up the scale so bad? I'm pretty sure it's not Caine's fault as his original I still own was perfectly scaled, and I bet his prototype for the TOTS accessory pack was perfectly scaled. They clearly reduced the size to reduce the costs, thinking their buyers wouldn't notice and never heard of the original pumpkin by Caine.

It's too much of a hassle to ask for a refund with everything going on in the world, and I do need the phone, but people reviewing this stuff on YouTube should be vocal about how TOTS butchers everything.

To me some people reviewing these sets on YouTube are complete sell-outs because they're friends with either Tinela, Caine, DoggieDoc or all of them, and they want to keep good relationships and advantages and won't speak frankly on this matter.

I understand that for someone who just wants a cheap 1/6 Myers figure and doesn't know about the custom world, the details & scale may not matter that much. But to me it does, and it's still $90 I spent, it's not like $90 is nothing to me and that I tell myself "oh well the accessory set was only $90 and the figure was only $120, fairly good deal even though mostly everything is wrong". And even though I own custom Myers figures, I'm also very interested in the official releases. I'm not expecting a $120 figure to have better painting and material than customs, but I think the coveralls should be the color that was advertised at the very least, and the pumpkin should have the correct scale. I mean, am I crazy for pointing this out?

The worst thing about all of this is that when I look at what Tinela, DoggieDoc and Caine do on their own, they deliver SO MUCH better products than what TOTS does. I guess they're cool with it because they get paid, but are they happy with the result from an artistic point of view? I highly doubt it. And on the other hand of the road, there are customers like me who paid for this and are extremely disappointed.

And again, TOTS is an official company, selling official merchandise. They should have higher standards and expect their customers to have high standards.

SilentSurfer, Spook, Yunsil, DoggieDoc, Tinela, Caine, Fergo and other great talented artists have made marvelous, incredible stuff with Halloween, and I expected TOTS to follow on with this legacy but so far it's a butcher job.
the figure and accessories pack combined not even worth$70. Maybe the sculpt worth 40 and the coveralls 20, and everything else just dollar shop
garbage

after the whole debate of the accessory pack that recently just game out, it seems its very mixed. especially what was advertised originally as the prototype and what was released.

im so torn, i already have a kills myers after customizing the 2018 figure and i dont exactly want my entire horror collection to be infested with myers (not that its a bad thing) but would it be worth it to get the accessory pack instead of the original 78 tots figure and just try my hand at dying the coveralls a dark green? im also assuming that i'll need to swap the boots for something more accurate (jungle military boots?)

pros: detailed hands, actual black t shirt underneath instead of just a cloth and a hole (not that its a bad thing), the pumpkin, telephone

cons: not detailed tomb stone, wires in the ghost bob sheet and excess glue on the head sculpt, coveralls arent the right color
View attachment 557555

Attachments

• 1642826477979.png
    1642826477979.png
    928 KB · Views: 43
Back