Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the tots set yet so I'm going to compare the Mezco unfinished looking jack-o'-lantern (they should have cut the eye & mouth hole)

and the sideshow Scooby-Doo pumpkin. Once I get the set , all three will be comparedView attachment 555485View attachment 555486
Now I’m super curious and need to compare all three, because it looks like the Mezco 1/12 may be larger than the TOTS 1/6!!! I’ve also realized that the packaging cover promo art is extremely deceptive when you look at the scale of the pumpkin compared to the tombstone.

20220112_223730.jpg

Is anyone else going to try their hand at dying the coveralls?

I'm actually not disappointed I had to delay getting the accessory set. I would not use the coveralls in their current color. I know some folks believe in the gray tone, PCS went with it on their pieces, and I would not argue about accuracy on that, it just personally looks wrong/off for a collectible on display. Given a choice between gray and the blue that came on the figure, I'll stick with what came in the first place.

With the jumpsuit no longer of use to me, that's a big piece of value to the accessory set, so now it's down to whether the remaining accessories are worth it. The sheet was always an add on for me and not a big draw, and given how it turned out, it's really not catching my interest, so now it's $100 for a few hands, pumpkin, phone and tombstone. I have a $15 tombstone already, not in perfect scale but works for the shelf, and the other items aren't worth $100 to me.

Had the coveralls come out the shade shown in the product photos, I'd probably still work to add this to my collection, but with all the shortcomings on the final piece, I'm out.

Come out of the coma FIRST before you review something bud haha, but yeah I was all in on this set but just canceled. The pumpkin size seems like a non issue to me, especially since pumpkins are all types of sizes but the coveralls, not having that pop of green... No f***in way! I might wait for a sale, and just dye them myself, what a screw up.

From the TOTS website. I'm aware they don't take refunds but I figured it was worth a shot.

I'm good with the coveralls, hands and pumpkin. That being said the coveralls should be the color they advertised. The sheet is a mess and I had to completely remove it, then reverse it, to get it to look right. Why they glued the entire front of the face baffles me. Really just a dap of glue on the top or no glue would have solved the problem. The tombstone is lacking. Being very impressed with their '78 figure(and still am) I pre-ordered this day one. I'm overall OK with the set after modding the sheet but I will never pre-order anything from this company again.

The Warlock one is gonna look sick rehauled. I can only imagine how much rooted hair will do wonders for it, assuming it will be like the last few myers where the hair piece is a separate piece

Very interesting that they use the 78 sculpt with shaved hair underneath the bob sheet 😱😱🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Okay my thoughts are the box looks great for display purposes. The coveralls look great aside from having to dye them. The Bob sheet will be ripped off so you get an extra Myer's head to be customized. I will give you my full thoughts once I receive this on Wednesday so stay tuned

These are just my thoughts from pictures and videos

Overall this set does not look bad. The lack of the Spruce Green coveralls does suck. That's one of the main reasons I ordered it. Aside from the color they look good. The pumpkin should be larger. Yeah, pumpkins are different sizes but aesthetically it seems like it should be larger. The tombstone is actually better than what I was expecting. In the proto it looked like they had some clay and someone just used a toothpick to etch the lettering. The phone is a nice addition, but it looks flat and a bit toyish. It should be a bit stubby with a bit more height. I'm happy to get one, however. The sheet and head are just wrong. Perhaps they didn't want folks to have a "free" Myers sculpt without some consequences. Pulling the sheet off damages the sheet and using the sculpt is going to require some work.

Back