Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are better off just going full white and let the shadows and light make the illusion. This is a new mask he stole from the hardware :confused: I would assume that it was all white to give it a ghostly appearance so kids would buy it. There wouldn't be a lot of wear and tear in 78; 2018 yes.

No problem. I'm sure once I start repainting my 2018, I'll dive in on the '78. The trouble I have with the '78 is that there aren't good clear pictures showing the wear on the mask. Because of shadows and things, it's hard to see what is shadow and what it worn paint on the mask, so the only real reference out there for the wear and tear is pictures of paint jobs by companies and custom artists, and there is a lot of variation. ToTS and some others just have some flesh tone showing on the neck, and then some dirt on the mouth and nose, some do flesh tone showing for the mouth and nose too, some have no flesh tone, and for whatever reason, I have a hard time deciding what I want. For whatever strange reason, I feel pressured that whatever scheme I go with, it has to hold up to the opinions of my audience when I take pictures of it, even though my biggest inclination is to just do the whole thing white with no wear at all.
The way I look at is, whichever shot of Myers in the movie is your favorite, go with that. I went with the all white because I wanted a clean look.

This is my most favorite image of Michael, and there's no real wear on it.

SVCdzj4.jpg

This is my most favorite image of Michael, and there's no real wear on it.

SVCdzj4.jpg
I know that it may not show, but I think the darker shade around chin and neck area could be wear as this was filmed during the scene where he appears in the dark behind Lorie. If you pause, there is a shot where the light will hit the mask when he starts to make his way to the stairs after Laurie falls, you see wear on the neck of the mask.

I could be wrong.

As the movie's production went on the mask did get wear and tear. It was painted with Krylon spray paint which is not really good paint for a latex mask. I read somewhere that some of the paint was falling off. Towards the end of production, just from being handled and Nick Castle sticking it in the back pocket of the coveralls some of the flesh color started to show through.

A very lightly applied dark wash over the mask will help to bring out the details created by shadows

So, Caine just released a photo of the ghost Bob sheet prototype. He said it’s wired on the bottom. Kinda bummed about that as I’m not a fan of anything wired. Hope to pick up the sheet from the sideshow version parted out.

No problem. I'm sure once I start repainting my 2018, I'll dive in on the '78. The trouble I have with the '78 is that there aren't good clear pictures showing the wear on the mask. Because of shadows and things, it's hard to see what is shadow and what it worn paint on the mask, so the only real reference out there for the wear and tear is pictures of paint jobs by companies and custom artists, and there is a lot of variation. ToTS and some others just have some flesh tone showing on the neck, and then some dirt on the mouth and nose, some do flesh tone showing for the mouth and nose too, some have no flesh tone, and for whatever reason, I have a hard time deciding what I want. For whatever strange reason, I feel pressured that whatever scheme I go with, it has to hold up to the opinions of my audience when I take pictures of it, even though my biggest inclination is to just do the whole thing white with no wear at all.
There are scenes in the movie that show where the wear is. Here are two pics as example. You can see even where there are shadows, if the black has a reddish tint, that's the paint fade.
If you watch the movie, the scene where he grabs Richie at the school, pause it shot by shot. It shows Michael's mask as well.
No one will ever know 100% since they didn't take great BTS photos then.

Attachments

• MV5BMjgzNmM2MmEtZDQwZC00NmJlLThmZWMtZGU5NzJlMTNiY2M4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ4ODE4MzQ_._V1_SX1777_CR...jpg
    MV5BMjgzNmM2MmEtZDQwZC00NmJlLThmZWMtZGU5NzJlMTNiY2M4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ4ODE4MzQ_._V1_SX1777_CR...jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 59
  • PhotoGrid_Site_1626667184783.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Site_1626667184783.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 46
  • maxresdefault (8).jpg
    maxresdefault (8).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 47
  • PhotoGrid_Site_1626667129854.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Site_1626667129854.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 48

Attachments

• IMG_20210628_131059_040.jpg
    IMG_20210628_131059_040.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 83
So, in the picture TOTS put for their con stream on the 31st, you can spy part 6 poster to the left, and in the bottom, what appears to be a Dr.Loomis figure.

Holy ****.

That's not an action figure of Loomis above. Its just a still from the original Halloween.

Though a 1/6 Loomis would be most welcome. I'm betting we see some Kills merch as well as H281.

Got my stands off evilBay from the Canton Shop. I sent some artwork and title I made through “Pronto” and asked if they make a Ghost Bob stand with it….it does not disappoint. LOL!

70AE0C49-B70B-4015-AFFE-94F3A905477F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back