Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

While people are asking for tips :)

What have you guys been using for Zoe's shirt. I'm getting the leather vest from Chad, but haven't found a suitable shirt to go underneath yet. Thanks for any tips.

OG, if its not a trade secret, where did ya get Inara's jewelry?

No big secret. I found her on a google search. She's Nicole with nikadesigns.com and click on Salesroom. They are broken into twp groups. 11" to 12'', and 16" to 18", so be careful where you search.

Old Grandpa

While people are asking for tips :)

What have you guys been using for Zoe's shirt. I'm getting the leather vest from Chad, but haven't found a suitable shirt to go underneath yet. Thanks for any tips.

I got mine from Chad. It's been some time ago. Don't know if he still makes them.

Old Grandpa

This pic makes me giddy like a seven year old school girl. I really wish I had the talent that you guys have, I would love a Firefly crew on my shelves.

I'm right there with you. :lol I love threads like these. Impressive talent to say the least.

No big secret. I found her on a google search. She's Nicole with nikadesigns.com and click on Salesroom. They are broken into twp groups. 11" to 12'', and 16" to 18", so be careful where you search.

Old Grandpa

Thank you sir!!

I love seeing everyone's work. Mostly there are similarities because well, we have no choice. Mals boots, coat, jayne's get up, Kaylee's etc, is similar. But then we all throw in a little bit of our own ideas and I love seeing those little things stand out to make the figures your/our own.

Most of mine are still in pieces as some are with me, and some with Anzik. But I am looking forward to getting everything back in my possession so I can finish everyone up.

All of your work, everyone here doing a bash, is outstanding!
:rock

I love seeing everyone's work. Mostly there are similarities because well, we have no choice. Mals boots, coat, jayne's get up, Kaylee's etc, is similar. But then we all throw in a little bit of our own ideas and I love seeing those little things stand out to make the figures your/our own.

Most of mine are still in pieces as some are with me, and some with Anzik. But I am looking forward to getting everything back in my possession so I can finish everyone up.

All of your work, everyone here doing a bash, is outstanding!
:rock

BG, will you be creating the whole crew or just a few faves?

BG, will you be creating the whole crew or just a few faves?

Oh no, all of em. They're all my favorites. Zoe is top though. But it's only by a smidge. I just love this crew! I've got everyone so far. Just missing the two Trev is working his butt off on. I'm patient though as they get expensive fast. And my best friend has done most of the work and it's STILL expensive.

You are so right BG. This is an expensive endeavor, but one that is so rewarding. Not only have I gotten scale crewmen of a TV show I dearly love, but through the thread I've met some really great, talented people that I wouldn't have known otherwise, This has truly been a rewarding experience.

Old Grandpa

My Zoe is close to finished - only have the head left to paint. In the meantime, here is the outfit. Most of it is made from scratch except the pants (modified German Field Marshall) and the boots (modified Tonner Elizabeth Swann).

zoe13.JPG

zoe9.JPG

zoe11.JPG

zoe12.JPG

Zoe looks great, nice job on putting that together.
Here is my Jayne, not screen accurate, but I'm very happy with him.
Tactical vest contains everything you would need to be a bad guy or in case of a Reaver attack. Including grenades. :)

picture.php

picture.php

jon

Last edited:

Man, I just love how all info you need can be found on this forum. <sigh> sad I can only afford to make 2 (Zoe/Wash). But oh well. Still waiting to get the hot toys cuban female body so I can have it sent off and painted. Moneys tight. It's that or the credit card.

My Zoe is close to finished - only have the head left to paint. In the meantime, here is the outfit. Most of it is made from scratch except the pants (modified German Field Marshall) and the boots (modified Tonner Elizabeth Swann).

Your photos are missing.

Old Grandpa

Zoe looks great, nice job on putting that together.
Here is my Jayne, not screen accurate, but I'm very happy with him.
Tactical vest contains everything you would need to be a bad guy or in case of a Reaver attack. Including grenades. :)

picture.php

picture.php

jon

Hey Jon, your crew is coming together nicely. Love your take on Jayne. No one ever said these guys have to be screen accurate .You're the only one you have to please. Just wish the pix were a bit larger.

Old Grandpa

Hey OG, I had all kinds of problems loading the pics, had to re-size them. Kept telling me that file size was too large, and I'm no computer wiz that's for sure.
After I took the pic, i noticed Mal's legs are spread a little too far apart, oops.
I don't know why, maybe because I just finished him, but Jayne is my favorite right now.
I'm so glad I found this thread and can't thank those of you who have helped me enough.

jon

Jon, your Kaylee looks awesome! I love the shirt and the outfit. Good job! Mal also looks fab and I just love how unique Jayne is. FINALLY! It gets tiring seeing the same get-up over and over. I'm 'almost' as guilty of it as the rest of us. :)

Back