Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

By the way on Spike, I also replaced his t-shirt, which seems minor but really spiffied up his look. Urban Samurai Hobbies in Vancouver makes some fabulous house-brand t-shirts.

Oh do they? Thanks for the tip, I'll go and have a look. :)

What's the best fit size of the gunbelt for ZOE from Stevos ?
3 - 3 1/2 , or 3 1/2 to 4 inches ? Or do I want a larger size ?
JERMS !!!

Happy to say I'm finally in this Firefly game with the completion of my first 3 figures last weekend! Rewatched the series on Bluray while I worked on them too. Mal, Kaylee and Wash are now looking shiny on the shelf. The one piece I'm not quite satisfied with is the fit of my browncoat on Mal; it turned out too tight in the shoulders and neck, so I may try again one of these days. But before that, I'll be on to the other figures. Book will be next.
firefly_crew1.JPG

firefly_crew2.JPG

mal3.JPG

mal4.JPG

wash3.JPG

I like the Wash figure, where'd you get the jumpsuit for him ?

Oh, question for most people out there who've made Zoe (I know, I'm asking a lot of Q's) What body did you use ? Sheva body ? Hot Toys Female cuban body ? Or Takara CY body ? And what's the differance between a Hot toys body, a CY girls one, and a Takara one ? Thanks !
JERMS !!!

I like the Wash figure, where'd you get the jumpsuit for him ?

Oh, question for most people out there who've made Zoe (I know, I'm asking a lot of Q's) What body did you use ? Sheva body ? Hot Toys Female cuban body ? Or Takara CY body ? And what's the differance between a Hot toys body, a CY girls one, and a Takara one ? Thanks !
JERMS !!!

Yeah. I used the Hot Toys Female Cuban body, Sheva pants and Sheva boots. At the time I put the bash together, Sheva was being parted out and easy to find. I chose the Hot Toys figure because I like the quality of their figures.

Old Grandpa

Happy to say I'm finally in this Firefly game with the completion of my first 3 figures last weekend! Rewatched the series on Bluray while I worked on them too. Mal, Kaylee and Wash are now looking shiny on the shelf. The one piece I'm not quite satisfied with is the fit of my browncoat on Mal; it turned out too tight in the shoulders and neck, so I may try again one of these days. But before that, I'll be on to the other figures. Book will be next.
firefly_crew1.JPG

firefly_crew2.JPG

mal3.JPG

mal4.JPG

wash3.JPG

I like your stuff! those custom mal boots look awesome!

Masterbarkeep - the Wash jumpsuit I got from Toy Anxiety, I think it might from the Mitch Moondog Metzger figure, but I really can't be sure. (Just checked a pic of Mitch - doesn't look like his jumpsuit, after all) It was originally a very light tan color, so it was easy to make it more orange. The pockets are almost all in the correct spots to match Wash's jumpsuit on screen. I just wish the zippers had been black.

cadaver202 - I forgot to mention the boots, and I had another question about them, so here's a better picture. I modified some cheaper leather boots by adding a zipper to the side, the "cuff" on the top, and the toe detail, plus a repaint. They're not as accurate as Trevor's sculpt of course, but much easier to attach to the figure.

Made a lot of progress on Book - outfit's all done, just need to finish the paintjob.

mal5_boots.JPG

Last edited:

Just got my Mal boots from Trevor, simply amazing.
Was looking for someone who could do the dremel work for me on them to fit the HT body. Shoot me a pm if you have done this and are interested!

Just finished up Shepherd Book! Clothes are all from older Sideshow figures, except for Hot Toys Tony Stark shoes. Modified the shirt's collar and front to match Book's.

I've occasionally heard a painter comment on these boards that a headsculpt practically "painted itself." I'd never experienced that until this one - really an amazing sculpt to paint up, Trev! Thanks so much! I don't consider myself an awesome painter by any stretch, but I was constantly surprised just how great things were looking with little effort on my part.

I'll be building a Bible for him shortly.

book1s.jpg

book4s.jpg

book3s.jpg

book5s.jpg

Great work! I love it! What did you use for the tie on his hair? Very clever!

Wow, That really is an awesome paint job. It really looks like Brook !
<Jealous>
JERMS !!!

That is really impressive, most impressive but you are not a jedi yet....oh wait, wrong movie. Book looks great, outstanding job.

jon

Thanks all! I'd actually never painted African-American skintone before, either.

Shammy - the hair tie is just some thin leather cord from the leather section at my craft store. I had a bunch of it I got for cheap. I used it on Mal's holster and will use it for Zoe too.

Book looks fabulous. My bestie has had mine since Trev started shipping them so I haven't seen him in person yet. Pics are wonderful but everyone knows, not as good as the real thing.

Back