1/6 Toys Works - Jessica Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a lot of great figures in the background of your pics Asta!

Thanks!

I have too many. It's definitely an addiction, but I'm trying to be more selective now. :lol

I’m just hoping SooSoo maybe makes an attempt since they’ve been putting out Netflix figures lately too.

I think SooSoo would do a good job. I have their Iron Fist and the Suicide Squad Katana is currently on the way.

From my experience with SooSoo so far, what they show in their promo photos is what you'll receive, unlike Toys Works.

Little Jessica is looking better in Ganghood's jacket, and I'm happier with the Ganghood wearing the larger TS Toys jacket:

48494472257_f684893e5f_o.jpg

I’m not in a hurry to replace the jacket, unless it doesn’t fit a different body well. The only part in the box that’s better might be the bag.

I went over to eBay to see if I could grab some pictures of parts, for those wondering what the quality of Black Steel is:
9D95C4DC-3496-4AC8-93C0-D68BDBADA173.jpeg
11A205A4-4ADD-4AC4-AC4F-8FD5A9F61B4B.jpeg
F84450BA-16AC-444F-B480-8466B4E1A786.jpeg
DE1B35E9-7302-4CE1-A610-75CD6CAC24A7.jpeg
E407BFAF-7190-4474-AAFD-C1532811A5BF.jpeg
D00BD86F-3D77-4540-BFC3-3BE2F5BD06F4.jpeg
3CCECB97-4CCB-42E0-BE1C-98955A2B1B67.jpeg
474030C6-C5F8-4F39-9807-472EA39CE173.jpeg

She does look a lot better and the larger scale jacket is an improvement over Ganghood's, but the zip really is quite a throwback to a nearly forgotten age of sixth scale. It did look a lot nicer in the advert.

Seems like 1/6 Jessica has as much bad luck as 1/1 Jessica!

Ha yeah it reminds me of the zipper on the Toys McCoy Indy.

That other jacket does look pretty good on her, and if I hadn't been studying her outfit intensely I doubt I'd realize it was reversed.

My post on the Toy Works Luke Cage gotten eaten, but I do think it's a shame the paint is too simplistic. It's a pass for me overall because the clothes (especially the hoodie) aren't as nice as Vimal's, and I would have to get the head repainted to be satisfied with it in my collection.

Got a chance to actually get some work done on this figure the last few days. Bleached out the pants a bit over the weekend. Then spent some time distressing them last night. Long way to go still but I’m way happier with the pants at least.
281FA04B-DE4B-47DA-9535-8816AD0777D0.jpg

I looked for the original Jessica jones Thread to post this in but could not find it. This is the one sixth kit version of the figure. I finally had some spare time to do some custom work to this figure.
IMG_8467.jpg
IMG_8468.jpg
IMG_8475.jpg
IMG_8478.jpg
IMG_8472.jpg
IMG_8473.jpg

The first thing that i did was weather the jeans. I added holes and fraying like she has in the show and painted to her thigh like she often has in the show (more so from the finale of Season and mid season 2) i used brown paint to dirty up the pants and took a fine sandpaper sheet to thin it out. I also made a new shirt and scarf from strach which was a horrible expirence :lol . I cut the hair in layers and added tons of gel to keep a semi curled style, which kinda back fired beacue now the gel is flaking off and is getting all over the clothes. I added some fingerless black widow gloves to complete the look.

Attachments

• IMG_8474.jpg
    IMG_8474.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 268
Apart from the sculpt the rest of the Toys Works figure might be better than the Ganghood for astroworld hoodies for men. (Bigger jacket and boots, colour of jeans, and gloves).

I might get her and just switch sculpts.

i really liked it. you are right about it.

Yet another Spam Bot infesting the site?

What the hell is

edvinsheperd9 said:
astroworld hoodies for men

?

My original post was:

Asta said:
Apart from the sculpt the rest of the Toys Works figure might be better than the Ganghood. (Bigger jacket and boots, colour of jeans, and gloves).

I might get her and just switch sculpts.

For the record, the figure was rubbish. Blatant bait and switch.

Well since this thread has been resurrected for some reason, here's a few pics of the custom Jessica I made a while ago. I just never got around to taking pics until now.

I repainted the OSK head and found a larger jacket on ebay that I made a few mods to. I probably still need to style the hair better, but I was at least able to minimize the large forehead a bit by bringing the hair down in front.

20201112_180601 (2).jpg

20201112_180514 (2).jpg

20201112_180841 (2).jpg

Well since this thread has been resurrected for some reason, here's a few pics of the custom Jessica I made a while ago. I just never got around to taking pics until now.

I repainted the OSK head and found a larger jacket on ebay that I made a few mods to. I probably still need to style the hair better, but I was at least able to minimize the large forehead a bit by bringing the hair down in front.

View attachment 499326

View attachment 499327

View attachment 499328

She looks really good. :clap

I kept my Vimal/Ganghood/OSK figure as stock, apart from swapping the jacket for one from TS Toys' Rowdy, and adding a DiD Coleman gas mask bag.

The Ganghood jacket was so tiny, and the pleather was the thickness of tissue paper. It split on day one while undoing the zip, and then later while putting it onto another figure one sleeve tore open in a couple of places. So it's pretty battle damaged now - not really a case of pleather rot, but simply a case of being too thin.

Ganghood is usually high quality, and I have a few sets - Bernthal Punisher, Luke Cage, Peter Parker, Rick Flag, Logan - but Jessica's jacket was a low point.

I had intended to snag the OSK head, but never did. I just wrapped up season 3 (finally) and now I?m regretting not getting the head.

These latest customs are looking great! I guess I need to go head hunting.

Hi guys, just received my OSK Jessica this week, and I'm quite happy with it, looks really great.

I just played a bit with the hair, using hair wax, and I guess it's already better then the 'out of the box' look.

Any particular advice on how to improve it? Saw some really great photos, even with a repainted head which looks absolutely amazing...
b13055639fb5000b3b0e6fe1d9f602c8.jpg
ebda8a9c211c75e5a4828787627f7ada.jpg
3fa2bbf18026b097fb14a0cfa3eab0ef.jpg

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I fell in love with that sculpt a long Time ago but I wasn't collecting back then. I ordered the figure from onesixthkit as I always loved the character and show. I hope the mcu is welcoming her back as well down the line!

I'm a bit worried about the rooted hair as some figures from OSK seems to have shorter hair and others longer.
Really excited to get Jessica though !

IMG_20211231_155644819.jpg

In David Tennant's voice : "JESSICAAAAAA" has arrived while setting up our new year's party.
Putting her head on the body was a PAIN but she looks incredible 😍
(The silicone neck, while a good idea I thought, is something i'll hate from now on)
I'll try and style her hair properly in the next days

Back