Toys Wonderland

Help Support Collector Freaks:

potato

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Can you imagine if SS tells HT to stop selling to TW! :horror
they should have taken that route. SS is one of the biggest client for HT so they could keep chipping out the same characters over and over because Sideshow doing a great job at getting people to buy multiples of the same figures. Sideshow may not be present outside Europe & USA but these 2 market has the biggest purchasing power so HT would not want to risk losing one of their biggest customer.

HT would most likely tell TW to stop selling HT products to customers from USA & Europe.

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
Reaction score
There are so many online shops now that sell collectibles that I think HT could just start selling wholesale direct to all of them instead of having an official distributer that they all have to go through.
HT would be just fine. Customers would be better off. And the smaller shops would definitely be better off and have more flexibility in their prices.

I don’t know what HT’s arrangement is with SS but HT is well past needing a company like them to “promote” their product. The only people that are benefitting from that setup now is Sideshow.

Chris2k

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Lol **** Sideshow. Now that they realized that customers are jumping ship (rightfully so) to get better prices, better reward programs, and faster shipping they decided to step in and use some bs tactics to strong arm the competition

DioramaMaker

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reaction score
How long as HT been partnered with SS? I genuinely wonder what binding contract they have that keeps them in, or if they signed something in perpetuity.

Makes me wonder if SS is merely convenience for HT.

MGS_OldBoy57

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I still don’t understand how a US based company shutdown a HK based company. Can someone please explain for simple minded people like me?

Asta

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I still don’t understand how a US based company shutdown a HK based company. Can someone please explain for simple minded people like me?

They complained to TW's website host that TW was infringing copyright.

The host shut TW down temporarily to protect themselves from any liability.

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
Reaction score
They complained to TW's website host that TW was infringing copyright.

The host shut TW down temporarily to protect themselves from any liability.
If that’s truly the case then it sounds a lot like what they do to eBay sellers. Complain about them and get their ads temporarily removed.

darthkostis

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I envy you folks. No matter what I order, no matter from where, it always needs at least a month to arrive. Last time I ordered from ToysWonderland it took two months. I’ve had a package from BBTS and one month later it’s still in the mail. I pay the same 26% tax on everything ordered from a store too. Shipping’s always close to 50 bucks as well. So basically I’m always checking to see which store has the lowest price, best guarantee and offers instalments.

Asta

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
If that’s truly the case then it sounds a lot like what they do to eBay sellers. Complain about them and get their ads temporarily removed.

Yes, it's a bullying tactic designed to disrupt business.

It was funny yesterday on one of Sideshow's live streams, after Bossy Boss Boss Chris mentioned the "drama in the community today", he later went on to wax lyrical about how good Sideshow was as a company in the daily wrap up:

"You know what's funny about Sideshow, despite commentary to the contrary we are really a good group of people that love what we do, and passionately enthuse that into not only the collectables we make, but the staff we hire and the audience and collector community that we work with. So ultimately when you do something with authenticity, and honesty, and integrity, and passion, usually it comes out pretty good. And what we do here is that, and so we hire great people... people who met us at shows could tell you this is what Sideshow is. We are a passionate group of people that are committed to making your collectables and collection and pop culture be passionate for you... So when you have that happen at a company it's hard to argue with the authenticity of it all, so it's pretty fun. And that's what we do here. We're authentically who we are."

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
Reaction score
Definitely a bullying tactic.

I have no doubt there are good people that work there. People who are passionate about creating, designing and collecting. You can tell that in their videos and at the shows so what Chris was saying is true on one hand. The problem with SS isn’t that end of their business. It has to do with those involved in the other parts. Those that aggressively try to maintain whatever foothold they believe they have in the market.

They’ve definitely moved on from that unique and fun company I got to know in the mid 2000’s to a truly greedy corporation. Maybe not all involved with SS agree with how they’re doing things now but it still changes how I look at them as a whole.

OneSixFix

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
i still belive, sideshow can only TRY and protect their distribution channels by shutting down small businesses for a period of time and hoping these small companies suffer quick from customer loss and give up, before the issues with the domain providers can be settled and the shops go online again. They abuse their power like other big league players to eliminate any potential "competitors". Don't get me wrong, SS has paid HT to fullfill the exclusive distribution rights to the US and europe which they are entitled to, but they're reaching here quite far.

Dave_W

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I liked every comment on their profile that mentioned Toys Wonderland. I doubt they're wandering IG looking for other people's posts.

Thinking back, I did comment on one of their posts saying something like "The livestream comments are going to be fun #ToysWonderland"...yeah, it was probably that.

ZE_501

Super Freak
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Reaction score
A lot of people are posting about how they're ready to support TW instead of SSC moving forward. While it's not going to put SSC out of business I think it's safe to say their desperate, petty move backfired as far as 'protecting their interests'.

Losers.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Can you imagine if SS tells HT to stop selling to TW! :horror
I'm not sure how HT would go about doing that. Per Justin's rant, TW goes to Secret Base and pre-orders figures just like anyone else (which admittedly sounds a bit fishy given the volume of product they must be ordering). I doubt that whoever is doing the buying has a Toys Wonderland insignia on their Visa or MasterCard. Secret Base/HT must be selling in volume to multiple entities in the area. While they may know who's who, It's not on them to police what these entities do after the sale is completed.

Last edited:

jye4ever

ST > PT
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Reaction score
There are so many online shops now that sell collectibles that I think HT could just start selling wholesale direct to all of them instead of having an official distributer that they all have to go through.
HT would be just fine. Customers would be better off. And the smaller shops would definitely be better off and have more flexibility in their prices.

I don’t know what HT’s arrangement is with SS but HT is well past needing a company like them to “promote” their product. The only people that are benefitting from that setup now is Sideshow.
Savage