Toys Wonderland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

Jay Virtual

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I'm indifferent to the situation but I know people take sides, I think I remember that hashtag #istandwithtoyswonderland few months back only for the same fans turning against them few months later. There's so much flip flopping that I feel like I'm watching WWE just without the actual fun stuff.

That said, I do think their aftermarket prices are absolutely outrageous and I honestly question how could people purchase figures at such prices when you could find them cheaper on even eBay.

Dave_W

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I'm one of those people who defended TW on Sideshows Instagram when the whole copyright strike happened and SS blocked me. Never again. SS can still suck it though.

DarkChocobi

Lucas loyalist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Just got a Tank Trooper from them during that massive summer discount for dirt cheap, no issue for me. But I understand from HT's business perspective when they made a statement like that to warn people.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Nothing sketchy about being a reseller. TW has never claimed to be HT distributor. Others make a big deal TW states they are an official distributor, but not of what brands, on their website. Still not the same as actually claiming to be an official HT distributor. They do sell other brands.

SS did say something not long ago and received backlash in the community (with fair number of defenders, to be fair). It’s no surprise that SS would lean on HT to be the messenger this time. Personally, I have no doubt it is SS crying about lost sales in N America to an Asian reseller with the volume of business TW gets, especially with a well-known YT influencer’s support.

It isn’t a stretch to think SS is unhappy their “exclusive” deal with HT to distribute in N America is undermined by buyers choosing to use Asian resellers which, by the way, is NOT illegal. HT and SS would take legal action to stop it if it was illegal. Hence, the statement. This is a business feud, nothing more.
"Resellers" re-sell thier own property. That's thier choice. Re-selling in bulk quantities internationally and ESPECIALLY selling pre-orders of things not in your possession yet.....you're distributing. This line that TW is just an innocent "reseller" is ********* and everyone here knows it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BurningRage

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I remember getting a newsletter from TW after the first situation with the subject line pop culture is our culture. That was once Sideshow’s slogan so definitely a dig at them.

ACalica917

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
What if Sideshow was really a distribution front like Los Pollos Hermanos? And Toys Wonderland just got themselves caught up in the Cartel game? What if the Endgame Loki & Cable batches were sunk in the ocean by hired TW goons to make an example? Hot Toys would infinitely become more awesome!

Asta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
What if Sideshow was really a distribution front like Los Pollos Hermanos? And Toys Wonderland just got themselves caught up in the Cartel game? What if the Endgame Loki & Cable batches were sunk in the ocean by hired TW goons to make an example? Hot Toys would infinitely become more awesome!

Sounds legit.

saul-goodman-movie-posters.jpg

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of focus on TW.

Is Toys Buying Agent an official distributor for Hot Toys? What about TNS? Both these sites offer HT preorders as well.

Life_m2000

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of focus on TW.

Is Toys Buying Agent an official distributor for Hot Toys? What about TNS? Both these sites offer HT preorders as well.
Toys Buying Agent definitely isn’t, they received a lot of heat not so long ago from SS.
SS are the official distributor for HT in America and Europe.

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Reaction score
Toys Buying Agent definitely isn’t, they received a lot of heat not so long ago from SS.
SS are the official distributor for HT in America and Europe.

Interesting. I wonder why HT doesn’t post a public warning about them or other non-official Asian shops like they do with TW.

Life_m2000

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder why HT doesn’t post a public warning about them or other non-official Asian shops like they do with TW.
Well they are all resellers so there’s nothing wrong with that.
But TW must have done something and the use the official HT pictures of the products which they aren’t supposed to.

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Reaction score
Well they are all resellers so there’s nothing wrong with that.
But TW must have done something and the use the official HT pictures of the products which they aren’t supposed to.
Yep, definitely nothing wrong with buying and reselling products.
If it’s just a matter of use of photos then I can understand that being frowned on but I didn’t see that mentioned in the most recent public slamming from HT as the issue though. Only saying they weren’t official and that people shouldn‘t buy from them because of that.

I just don’t see how TW, or any retailer for that matter, “distributing” an item they purchase themselves could be spoken of as breaking any law.

R_R_X

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Toys Wonderland started out as a promising company and then they began making several questionable decisions as time went on, Kit has a explained multiple times that there's a focus on them because their actions could have a ripple effect on other resellers which would be bad news for everyone, there's also severeal instances of them not shipping their stock because they're not dealing directly with the supply chains and brands, even when they do they take a while to pay for their stock, recently they've started tricking people with cheap prices and then overcharging on shipping that InArt even had to write a disclaimer/warning post about them because of the way they were handling their Joker sales and advertising the pre order bonus accessory as a store exclusive, now Hot Toys had to write one as well, I just hope they sort out whatever the **** is going on with them and don't screw up everything for everyone else.

It's also incredibly disappointing to see Justin is still adamantly promoting them to thousands of viewers who may not be familiar with the hobby and covering up any criticism or legitimate concern people have about TW, I don't care if he gets free figures from them or not but deleting comments asking about the veracity of Toys Wonderland isn't reassuring AT ALL.

RavenAsh

Day 2189 of waiting for Hot Toys Padme
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
It's also incredibly disappointing to see Justin is still adamantly promoting them to thousands of viewers who may not be familiar with the hobby and covering up any criticism or legitimate concern people have about TW, I don't care if he gets free figures from them or not but deleting comments asking about the veracity of Toys Wonderland isn't reassuring AT ALL.
I agree with this especially. So many first time collectors might click on one of his videos and become enamoured with a Hot Toys version of a character they've always loved. He then conspicuously leads them to a place which has mixed reviews to say the least. That site also has a multitude of issues including shipping time, shipping price and, simply, a real question of whether you'll even get the right figure. That first time collector might then be put off the hobby for good after that experience. They might lose hundreds of dollars.

I'm not someone who usually thinks creators have an obligation to their audience but when you are aggressively leading them down a risky path with their hard earned money, I think that is plainly wrong.

Gowithasmile!

Freakzoid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Toys Wonderland started out as a promising company and then they began making several questionable decisions as time went on, Kit has a explained multiple times that there's a focus on them because their actions could have a ripple effect on other resellers which would be bad news for everyone, there's also severeal instances of them not shipping their stock because they're not dealing directly with the supply chains and brands, even when they do they take a while to pay for their stock, recently they've started tricking people with cheap prices and then overcharging on shipping that InArt even had to write a disclaimer/warning post about them because of the way they were handling their Joker sales and advertising the pre order bonus accessory as a store exclusive, now Hot Toys had to write one as well, I just hope they sort out whatever the **** is going on with them and don't screw up everything for everyone else.

In his latest hot toys review video, he didn't put the toys wonderland link in the description and never mentioned them at all in the video and (again) deleted all comments criticising them. So i don't know if hes hiding the partnership now or if hes cut ties with them which is pretty unlikely.

Gipetto0812

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Reaction score
I read somewhere from someone that toys wonderland aren't a scam, but once they've got your money they'll do anything in their power to keep it.
And they will bombard you when you take your money back. Speaking from experience, once I got my money back from calling my CC to do a charge back, they kept emailing me asking me why I did that instead of contacting them about it first. I didn't reply since they had already lied to me about my item anyway, so I just put them on block. I am glad there are fellow collectors who have had/are having good experiences with them. But for me, anytime a store does me wrong, I tend to not ever want to do business with them again. Same thing happened with Popcultcha many years ago, and even though they have tempting deals from time to time, I just don't trust them.