Toys Wonderland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

SwedishHeat

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Reaction score
While this does feel like a potentially petty shot from Sideshow, and I don't want them to be a monopoly... I also wonder if it has to do with Toys Wonderland's REALLY ****** track record recently and Hot Toys wanting to distance themselves.

Kit was fuming about them in the FF7 Remake and Raider Jones threads. Plus in both those threads people were screwed out of their pre-orders (me included) and Kit had to source me a Cloud figure locally for almost 3x the cost.

I even made a joke in the Raider Jones thread about "If anyone was even going to get their pre-order" and 4-5 pages later people were saying they were getting the runaround or straight up having their preorders canceled.

Also R_R_X has spoken out about them, saying Lim is most likely not going to work with them in the future after they release their current figures.

Kit is not exactly a neutral source. TW is offering cheaper prices than Kit's store, so yeah, it's going to make Kit mad. I don't know if there's a legitimate issue there or just beef created by competition.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a pattern or not. TW shorting people on GT figures, while sucky, is not unprecedented. I used to run a store, and our order for the original DAM Toys Spade J figure was cancelled, because the distributor themselves didn't place their order with DAM on time. That was a one-time thing, and the distributor didn't mess up again.

And with LIM, I'm not sure if there's an issue there, or just them trying to avoid any potential issues. A few folks missed out on the Gunslinger figure with ToyOrigin, and so LIM is trying to avoid that in the future, I don't know of anyone who ordered a Gunslinger figure from TW and didn't receive it.

BladeS

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Wow thats kinda sucky. I almost actually bought from Toys Wonderland, since i was new to this but i saw the high shipping prices and noped out real quick. I honestly don't know why you would delete all negative comments, wouldn't it be better to just address them rather than acting like they don't exist?
Don't order anything from them. They aren't consistent and their practices are insanely shady. Any 3rd party figures that come out and do well on the second hand market, they suddenly never get their stock in and just string people along.

Their customer service is a joke, and might as well not even exist. So if your figure gets damaged in transit or you're trying to find out why something hasn't shipped, tough luck. You get one automated response or another. And if you do get a response about a damaged figure, either you get nothing or they'll low ball you store credit if you're lucky.

I can keep going on and on, and I have on many occasions. But the biggest issue is that, as Kit has said, they're causing issues with payment processors for other HK sellers. With so many disputes in Paypal and Credit Card charge backs, it's going to get harder for good sellers to continue with their current way of doing business.

And the reason he won't address those negative comments? Look back a few pages ago in this thread, they give him free figures or heavily discounted ones in exchange for his positive testimonial on all his videos. If he just puts his head in the sand and pretends all their shady behavior doesn't exist, he keeps getting his kickback. It comes off as selfish and disingenuous to me, but, whatever.

Mike86

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Reaction score
He doesn't count. That's what I get for not being specific. :lol

Has anyone placed an order with TW, given them money, and received product in exchange for said moneys?
Are you serious with this? I mean I know they don’t have the best reputation but there are a few posters here who I know have said that’s where they get things as well as people on Facebook. Level of customer service or satisfaction seems mixed but they’re clearly operating a business and sending out products.

Gowithasmile!

Freakzoid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Don't order anything from them. They aren't consistent and their practices are insanely shady. Any 3rd party figures that come out and do well on the second hand market, they suddenly never get their stock in and just string people along.

Their customer service is a joke, and might as well not even exist. So if your figure gets damaged in transit or you're trying to find out why something hasn't shipped, tough luck. You get one automated response or another. And if you do get a response about a damaged figure, either you get nothing or they'll low ball you store credit if you're lucky.

I can keep going on and on, and I have on many occasions. But the biggest issue is that, as Kit has said, they're causing issues with payment processors for other HK sellers. With so many disputes in Paypal and Credit Card charge backs, it's going to get harder for good sellers to continue with their current way of doing business.

And the reason he won't address those negative comments? Look back a few pages ago in this thread, they give him free figures or heavily discounted ones in exchange for his positive testimonial on all his videos. If he just puts his head in the sand and pretends all their shady behavior doesn't exist, he keeps getting his kickback. It comes off as selfish and disingenuous to me, but, whatever.
Yeah i read and saw for myself they don't even allow you to order through paypal. I saw a good deal on a figure and by the time i went to the final total it was 300 over the original price lol. I said bugger this and went and paid slightly more than retail at Sugo Toys but it was far less than toys wonderland. I won't ever order from them heard too much about them to risk it. I knew justin gets figures discounted, but yeah i never knew he was a shill for toys wonderland till now :/

Edit: plus i only want like 5 figures so no reason to even order from toys wonderland since i already found them elsewhere

SwedishHeat

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Reaction score
Are you serious with this? I mean I know they don’t have the best reputation but there are a few posters here who I know have said that’s where they get things as well as people on Facebook. Level of customer service or satisfaction seems mixed but they’re clearly operating a business and sending out products.

Yes, I am serious. I've read through the thread and it all seems like a lot of doom-saying, but not a lot of people saying they've been scammed, so I'm trying to figure out if they're actually a legitimate store. hypnobrett posted about a positive experience, BladeS posted a negative experience. Lots of people complaining about their social media spam, and the dishonest nature of the relationship with Justin's Collection. So, it's hard to sift through the crap.

MyenShi

Flight Baron
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Reaction score
Justin’s videos got a lot of views, now official distributors are copying him, and those videos got TW a lot of attention and business to where Sideshow felt competition and the need to discredit TW and disrupt their sales anyway they can. With a 30% mark up, I’m sure SS has made quite a profit from distribution and want to protect their golden goose.

Sideshow isn’t perfect and I’m not defending the negative things they’ve done, but they are well within their rights as an authorized distributor to work with the manufacturer to stymie an unauthorized reseller from appearing to represent themselves as a genuine retailer.

Any of the authorized distributors and retailers globally would have reason to complain, and others probably have alongside Sideshow. TW does not pay what others have to in order to sell these figures. They have no accountability to the manufacturer, brands, licensors, or customers. They could take off with everyone’s money some day and just disappear.

I don’t blame anyone for wanting a place to buy these cheaper. If anyone likes buying from them then that’s fine on a personal preference level. But there are no heroes here; just a matter of who’s in the right and wrong in a purely business sense.

The core issue that’s likely brought this about is TW using Hot Toys photos and products and making themselves appear like a full on retailer. And then not providing the level of service and care required by authorized distributors and their authorized retailers on top of that. ToysBuyingAgent (who is better) took down the official photos when TW got in trouble the other time and only uses their own picture. TBA is not as prevalent as TW but they still get a fair amount of mentions and recommendations and they’re not being publicly denounced.

Many people have placed orders from TW and received figures without issues but it seems like it’s more of it not being a problem till it is. Their terms and conditions and return and exchange policy are filled with reasons why they won’t help you. Their terms clearly state the customer is solely responsible for lost of damaged items.

I’ve seen they’ve upset plenty of people, both customers - mostly in terms of lack of help and response - and figure producers. I still remember Joost getting upset because they listed his Batwing for sale without permission which could’ve tanked his licensing deal with WB. That caused him a lot of stress before it was resolved.

As @BladeS said, their practices are disruptive and can cause negative ripple effects that affect others and they just don’t care.

Last edited:

MrASDF

Just a little freaky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
As an American, I bought a Black Transcendent from ComicSanctorum, their secondary store - and had no issues getting the figure or it coming in. At the time, it was before shipping became extremely expensive so I got it for a decent price compared to other sellers. Didn't have any complaints.

IANR

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
i have bought 14 figures from twhk in 13 months & not a single problem,double boxing,no defects/cheap price/reward points etc. i look at it this way that if i am getting a 1/4 spidey half price & a problem occurs later on another figure so what i have money in the bank . i use a credit card to get 540 days cover & they do payment plans . every supplier will mess up sooner or later ,batches get delayed, 5%+ of mail gets lost. as to justin he only says where he gets most of his toys from hes not their customer care dept..

Entropy

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Reaction score
Any of the authorized distributors and retailers globally would have reason to complain, and others probably have alongside Sideshow. TW does not pay what others have to in order to sell these figures. They have no accountability to the manufacturer, brands, licensors, or customers. They could take off with everyone’s money some day and just disappear.

I don’t blame anyone for wanting a place to buy these cheaper. If anyone likes buying from them then that’s fine on a personal preference level. But there are no heroes here; just a matter of who’s in the right and wrong in a purely business sense.

I agree. Sideshow is providing something for that 30% increase as well as paying for the rights to be an official distributor. TW simply wants to make money off of what others create like any other good capitalist fighting to get a slice of the pie.

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Reaction score
i have bought 14 figures from twhk in 13 months & not a single problem,double boxing,no defects/cheap price/reward points etc. i look at it this way that if i am getting a 1/4 spidey half price & a problem occurs later on another figure so what i have money in the bank . i use a credit card to get 540 days cover & they do payment plans . every supplier will mess up sooner or later ,batches get delayed, 5%+ of mail gets lost. as to justin he only says where he gets most of his toys from hes not their customer care dept..
I’m in about the exact same boat. Around 15 figures from them in the last few years. Not one problem so far.
In fact on more than one occasion I’ve ordered an in stock figure and received it in the states within 4 days.
I was also able to bank my rewards points and preordered two figures using only rewards points and received them within a week after they got their shipment.
When I did have discrepancies with points they always responded quickly and took care of the problem.

BladeS

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Glad to hear you guys have had good experiences. After getting burned to the tune of several hundred dollars, through no fault of my own, and in conjunction with their laundry list of shady business practices from other users, I can't support them, and will not recommend them to anyone getting into the hobby.

I don't fault anyone for their personal choice to buy from them. Just be mindful, it could happen to you.

vaanrose

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Kit told the FFVII thread that Toys Wonderland did not secure any product directly from GameToys for their Cloud figure. Despite this, TW continued to take orders, at a lower price than anywhere else and long after orders had closed everywhere else. When the figure released, nobody who ordered from TW received their order, and there's been a lot of speculation since that the way TW operates is by buying stocking from local stores and then reselling it over seas, rather than purchasing their own stock direct from the manufacturer.

And this statement from Hot Toys is basically official confirmation of that. TW does not purchase their own stock from Hot Toys. All the product they sell is purchased from somewhere else and then resold. With Hot Toys specifically, those things are produced at a high enough volume that it doesn't surprise me that they're able to secure enough product to meet their pre-orders, and that most people receive their ordered product. But anything with a lower run number, basically anything third party, your purchase is far from guaranteed.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I'm sure SS played a part with this, but TW seems to have been pushing buttons with both customers and suppliers. TW has seemed a bit shady as of late. HT has to come across as if they care. Now, if it is affecting their bottom line they care.
No you're not....you have no idea whatsoever if SS had anything to do with it and TW has been shady for a LONG time......

JacktheRipper

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
True, TW does not seem to be on the up and up. Why would SS not say something? I'm not saying SS forced anyone's hand. SS is just one voice, but one voice of most likely many. Not vilifying SS. They are a company out to make money. They've made retailers domestically do things that hurt price cuts. Which hurts retailers moving product. If this is hitting them in the pocketbook, they said something.

Scrappy776

Freakalicious
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I think for USA buyers, the allure was having HT releases much faster than waiting for SS. That said, other lesser known sellers can fill that need. I personally don't mind waiting. I would rather have slow and reliable than fast but sketchy.

IndyDave

Freakzoid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Has anyone received product from Toys Wonderland?

I know a few months back they were giving people the run-around.
Yes. Many orders but nothing for past year or so. May have some CS issues lately per some reports but I didn’t experience any problems when I used TW. They have been around for years and far less problematic than Toys Origin whose owner is a real piece of…work, to be polite.

IndyDave

Freakzoid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
True, TW does not seem to be on the up and up. Why would SS not say something? I'm not saying SS forced anyone's hand. SS is just one voice, but one voice of most likely many. Not vilifying SS. They are a company out to make money. They've made retailers domestically do things that hurt price cuts. Which hurts retailers moving product. If this is hitting them in the pocketbook, they said something.
Nothing sketchy about being a reseller. TW has never claimed to be HT distributor. Others make a big deal TW states they are an official distributor, but not of what brands, on their website. Still not the same as actually claiming to be an official HT distributor. They do sell other brands.

SS did say something not long ago and received backlash in the community (with fair number of defenders, to be fair). It’s no surprise that SS would lean on HT to be the messenger this time. Personally, I have no doubt it is SS crying about lost sales in N America to an Asian reseller with the volume of business TW gets, especially with a well-known YT influencer’s support.

It isn’t a stretch to think SS is unhappy their “exclusive” deal with HT to distribute in N America is undermined by buyers choosing to use Asian resellers which, by the way, is NOT illegal. HT and SS would take legal action to stop it if it was illegal. Hence, the statement. This is a business feud, nothing more.

Last edited:

Asta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
tw.jpg