Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... I recall drooling over that figure back in the day. Still has an important place in 1/6 history.

It's crazy how far the hobby has come and I imagine a lot of the collectors dropping a few thousand on Avengers and Justice League figures have no idea about these figures or would even be able to appreciate them.

Absolutely. But its a definitely high-mark for its time. This Indy got a lot of people into 1/6th back in the day.

The whole presentation is just great and screams 'love' -- the artwork, the way it opens, the way the parts are displayed -- its just a great show piece if you never open it. It's toyish simplicity is part of its charm -- it was so far ahead of its time at its time yet now looks so retro. It's beautiful.

Every genuine collector of 1/6th needs this Indy.

I'm curious what will be considered the "end piece" to 1/6th collecting -- the last great collector's piece before the hobby faded for something else?

It feels like the quality of figures has hit a plateau... a HT figure from this year and from a couple of years ago is not that distinguishable. As opposed to comparing them from maybe 5 years ago. So I don't know that there will be one end figure that defines 1/6 when it all collapses, But who knows... I sure didn't expect the quality of figures I'm getting today... nor the price :lol

I agree that the Toys McCoys Indy was a pinnacle moment in the 1/6th collecting world, Wor-Gar.

I still remember the excitement when it was released. I never did pick one up. Funds were going in a different direction at that time.

galactiboy, there's a definite plateau being hit, no doubt, mostly by Hot Toys. They are the obvious industry leaders and yet they still release duds from time to time. Every other manufacturer is simply riding their coat tails, falling behind in overall quality (for the most part) and yet charging similar prices for their figures.

I feel that the 1/6th bubble may burst in the near future. I've even considered selling off a good part of the collection before that happens...

It took forever to post but finally the review for the true grail collectible for Raiders of the Lost Ark fans. The 1999 Toys McCoy Limited Edition 12” Indiana Jones figure from Japan. Special shout out to my buddy, and brother Mike Mulitsch, who was kind enough to send me his Figure to do this review. I recently picked up this piece but decided I wasn’t going to open him. So I did a photo slide show of the box and contents without opening him - which a lot people liked because this is basically a 20 year old Collectible and it’s always a blast looking at older and vintage toys. Thankfully Mike suggest I do one of my full reviews allowing me to use his piece as the unboxed figure. You’ll also see his Sideshow Henry Jones figure in this video as well. I really wanted to dispel the myth that people have said for years that the Relic Hunter figure was the same thing as the Toys McCoy Indiana Jones. Which they are not. From the minute you see the dead on Harrison Ford sculpt by Toys McCoy to the Vince McMahon looking head of the Relic Hunter you know these guys aren’t in the same league. That’s not to say the Relic Hunter is a bad figure cause it’s not...it’s just not the same caliber of production, quality, of design.

Anyway here’s the link to the Holy Grail of Indiana Jones Collectibles.

Be sure to Like and Subscribe so I can keep more of these vintage figure reviews coming and if you have suggestions for Figures you would like to see showcased let me know!

Take Care - Jase Marshall

https://youtu.be/n0AAepqoTec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review, i just picked one of these up also. Excellent condition but not sealed unfortunately. He is pretty damn cool i would have to agree. I found one for roughly original retail.

Thanks for the recent review! Its nice to see this vintage piece (which in my eyes has that charm the newer more "accurate" versions lack).

I had to drag mine out after watching it. I recently bit the bullet and sold off my 2018 SDCC TMNT set which funded my second one that I had been eyeballing for 6months on eBay (667/3000). I plan to keep this lower run number in box, and I'll open my first acquisition after all this time.

I still have mine and I have horse as well. I opened both when I got them. Couldn’t resist because back then it was the first 1/6 scale I bought sine the original Kenner one.

It's amazing how times have changed. I've finally been able to snag one of these off eBay for $275.00+shipping. I remember when this figure was $1,200.00.

It's amazing how times have changed. I've finally been able to snag one of these off eBay for $275.00+shipping. I remember when this figure was $1,200.00.

That is a good price and well worth it just for nostalgic reasons. I couldn't afford it way back when it first came out, I would love to own it now just for that reason.

What was the original retail price of it back in the day?

Its only $275 now?

It should be worth more just for its resonance to the hobby -- being one of the first professional 1/6th figures done with grand presentation... and one of those figures that introduced many into 1/6th collecting back in 2000.

It was $300 when it first appeared. I didn't get it because I thought that was a ridiculous price at the time... ended up getting it in 2002 as a gift. I treasure it now, never opened it... never will.

The Toys McCoy is STILL one that I want to pick up for the right price. I still remember seeing it advertised in Toy Fair Magazine (when it was a magazine).

It's finally here! Indy Toys Mccoy.jpg Now, I just have to figure out how to remove the plastic bubble from the cardback without destroying it so I can get the accessories out.

It's finally here! View attachment 502985 Now, I just have to figure out how to remove the plastic bubble from the cardback without destroying it so I can get the accessories out.

Alot of people used a very sharp blade or knife to partially cut the accessory blisters, and slip each one out. Then they can be put back whenever you want. But if yours is sealed, it is definitely worth more in that condition. Tough decision!

Nice !!

i had the Indy and the Steve Mc Queen „Hunter“ figure. I sold the Hunter a couple of years ago. The Indy was the base for my custom Indy for many years. Today all I have left is the box. All parts were replaced through time …

Back