Toys Era Vulture 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it'll be dependent on the quality of the stand they use and how tight they make the wing joints. I'm guessing their stand will mimic the one HT used when they displayed their prototype. If they adapt the heavy duty bendable poles that Joost used into the design that should work fine. Which is a big if lol...

View attachment 577724
View attachment 577725
Toys Era appear to be somewhat copying the HT stand except they’re using a tiny rectangle base and look to have gone with a fixed T shape connection instead of an adjustable crossbar for the flexible rods.
Eternal have used the larger, pentagonal base but looks like they’re just giving two vertical flexible rods either side of a basic crotch grabber… and they’ve placed the rods in a pretty suboptimal position considering the intended purpose of the base. That’s the biggest letdown for me. There are gonna be so many rods and parts of a stand holding this guy up it could just look silly.

They got it wrong even when they got it right.

I said this in the other thread, but in the movie, the D-rings for the second belt are actually sewn into the jacket itself, and TE has turned it into an external harness. And while they have that harness, they're missing the shoulder harness that Eternal has (which I theorized is because they based this on the poster, where he is missing the shoulder straps he wears under that green metal piece).

View attachment 577741
Honestly this isn't a character where I'm too concerned about total accuracy, given it's just a guy in a bomber jacket and cargo pants. And I think both versions come reasonably close to capturing his basic look.

Honestly this isn't a character where I'm too concerned about total accuracy...

tumblr_py9biu1NNy1rb9618o2_540.gifv

Honestly this isn't a character where I'm too concerned about total accuracy, given it's just a guy in a bomber jacket and cargo pants. And I think both versions come reasonably close to capturing his basic look.

See, I agree in spirt, but in practice, the Toys Era version isn't even wearing a bomber jacket. The missing elastic cuffs and double collar are really glaring omissions for me.

I was going back and forth between TE and Eternal but the change in TE wing span won me over.
Now the question is, like many others are having, where do I put him and how? It should be elevated, not grounded.

I was going back and forth between TE and Eternal but the change in TE wing span won me over.
Now the question is, like many others are having, where do I put him and how? It should be elevated, not grounded.
I’ve got Iron Scavenger on top of a Detolf. Looks great as long as you don’t have him up against other figures as you loose his presence a bit.

I’ve got a 1200 mm wide cabinet being made for me to better showcase my Spideys and his villains. I’ll reserve the top shelf for this guy alone!

I'm really curious to see if toys era changes this design again when they see the hot toys version? Its great for us choice-wise. I think hot toys should reconsider even doing this because of their price and lead time to release.

In that scene he's using the larger, high-altitude wings so no, none of these OG-wing offerings will be able to duplicate that pose. But then without the flexibility afforded by CGI those high-altitude wings couldn't either lol.
The only Vulture figure with high altitude wings that I know of is the 6-inch one from Marvel Legends. Is any 3P doing a sixth scale version?

Last edited:
The only Vulture figure with high altitude wings that I know of is the 6-inch one from Marvel Legends. Is any 3P doing a sixth scale version?
Someone (Scaletta Studio?) was working on a custom version a few years back but I don't recall that ever getting past the prototype stage? I think @Wor-Gar or @TheBatman may know more.

I believe Joost went for the standard wings because the size of the high-altitude wings would create weight problems for support and hinges; also the amount of display space required for customers. It was simply impracticable given the size.

The three other Vulture manufacturers seem to agree. Oh wait -- Hot Toys never did reveal their Vulture yet. Again. Just teased it. Again. :lol

Back