Toys Era Vulture 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F6B48581-FA1F-40A9-920F-1870781F0F6A.jpeg

Ha yeah it immediately made me think of all the people who said they actually preferred the smaller wings on this version.

Personally I think this is great news, as I wasn't feeling quite confident enough in the other unknown company to order theirs, despite it having the larger wings.

YES! Very good news. I mean, look at that comparison they posted. They still look on the smaller side to me, but greatly improved... for those who like to be... bigger.

TE wingspan is now 41 inches -- same size as Eternal.

If I were buying, I would now go Toys Era.

Son of a…
I went with the other randos due to their wing-size, wing shape, jacket details and the little pink thruster effects. Now TE are just gonna mimic the Eternal wings.
Having choices really is a nightmare

YES! Very good news. I mean, look at that comparison they posted. They still look on the smaller side to me, but greatly improved... for those who like to be... bigger.

TE wingspan is now 41 inches -- same size as Eternal.

If I were buying, I would now go Toys Era.
IDK, I still like how the Eternal one has the upswept wings. Assuming comparable quality that would be a big selling point for me, much more than a head sculpt I’d never use.

I bet if someone ordered through OSK that Kit would let them switch from one to the other if desired. They’re the same price with the same NRD.

I wonder about that up-swept position of the wings on Eternal... not sure it can support that pose, and certainly not over time as the wings sag.
I think it'll be dependent on the quality of the stand they use and how tight they make the wing joints. I'm guessing their stand will mimic the one HT used when they displayed their prototype. If they adapt the heavy duty bendable poles that Joost used into the design that should work fine. Which is a big if lol...

vulture display.jpg

Vulture wing.jpeg

For the price, not sure how study a stand they will provide. But that's the gamble, right? They (Eternal) might make the best figure and establish themselves like Toys Era did... or this could be a one-and-run...

Still prefer the jacket on the Eternal figure, it's more accurate to the movie, has the correct shoulder harness, second collar and it's bulkier overall which looks better, imo. If Toys Era redesigns the jacket, only then will this go back to being a hard decision for me.

Doesn't have the double set of buckles though. Only TE got that right.

They got it wrong even when they got it right.

I said this in the other thread, but in the movie, the D-rings for the second belt are actually sewn into the jacket itself, and TE has turned it into an external harness. And while they have that harness, they're missing the shoulder harness that Eternal has (which I theorized is because they based this on the poster, where he is missing the shoulder straps he wears under that green metal piece).

Toomes.jpg

These figures are a mess. :lol

Well, at least for me, the double belt is more accurate when hooked into his wings even if not attached correctly.

When I was planning to get Joost's bird, I was actually going to build that second set of belts myself... so when I saw it finally on TE I got excited.

Back