TOYs ERA - The Fiend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$270 what garbage, and people still pay these pimps. $230 was bad enough, it's not worth more than that.

Sure, I agree that 270 is sort of a lot for this.

That said isn?t this basic capitalism ...supply and demand.

Anything is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. These companies are trying to make money and will charge what people are willing to pay, particularly when it looks like demand remains high despite higher prices.

It is unfortunate because I?m sure that some are going to be priced out of this hobby due to the acceleration of prices. Or maybe many will just be much more selective as to what figures they buy.

81C24230-E101-4640-825E-72D8EE3FE895.jpg

A0B0E7C0-2B02-4867-A334-6C21571283CC.jpeg

Still working out the details of a nice, stable stand for this guy.

:lecture

Yep. You snooze you lose on almost any third party figure. Especially the popular ones. Most retailers offer a discounted price for preorders and then once the figure releases the price goes up. Been that way for a while.

Yeah it's really a gamble and once they are gone, prices go up and up. I passed on that first Netflix Iron Fist and looked everywhere for it: SDCC, Frank&Sons, eBay to no avail. Then all of a sudden there were 2 or 3 on the market in a few years, yet none by a major company. Plus these things are one and done and some retailers and LCS aren't even getting involved b/c the IP owners have been clamping down. Timewalker let me know that they won't even touch the Omniscient and I know I've order plenty of 3rd party figures from them, so somethings up.

Which is a ****ed thing to do and shouldn't be supported by anyone here when some of us like to see how a figure turns out before spending $200+

I totally disagree. People who preorder are putting their money down to get production going. If they get zero preorders, they're not going to make the figure. To be honest I don't think a $30-40 bump in price is too outrageous for totally skipping the preorder and waiting it out.

I totally disagree. People who preorder are putting their money down to get production going. If they get zero preorders, they're not going to make the figure. To be honest I don't think a $30-40 bump in price is too outrageous for totally skipping the preorder and waiting it out.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go on these boards to make excuses for prices and brand loyalty.

Yeah it's really a gamble and once they are gone, prices go up and up. I passed on that first Netflix Iron Fist and looked everywhere for it: SDCC, Frank&Sons, eBay to no avail. Then all of a sudden there were 2 or 3 on the market in a few years, yet none by a major company. Plus these things are one and done and some retailers and LCS aren't even getting involved b/c the IP owners have been clamping down. Timewalker let me know that they won't even touch the Omniscient and I know I've order plenty of 3rd party figures from them, so somethings up.

Anymore if it’s a character I know I want and it’s a relatively reasonable price at preorder I’ll snag it. Learned my lesson with the Bullet Head Venom. That thing was $150 or less at some retailers when it was on preorder and I thought I’d wait on it. Now you’re fortunate to find it for less than $350. Most of these third party figures are really well done anymore, especially from companies like Toys Era and SooSoo which makes it less of a gamble to just preorder than it does to wait.

Great photos Coco, that first one is awesome! I just realized the mail isn't running tomorrow so my figure won't be here till Tuesday.

Thanks! You’ll love it when you get it.

Yes, this pics are awesome!!!

Looks like you are going to have fun deciding how to finally pose this guy!

Thanks! Yep, he’s gonna be a fun one for poses and shots.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go on these boards to make excuses for prices and brand loyalty.

I don’t think any of us has the ability nor the right to decide how others should value these figures or how much they should be willing to pay for them. So I don’t think that people are merely “making excuses” or demonstrating nothing but “brand loyalty” simply because they are willing to pay more for a particular figure than you are. I’m not saying that these figures are perfect, they certainly have flaws. Some flaws will be overlooked by some while those same flaws will cause others to pass on any particular figure. Ultimately if companies like Hot Toys or Toys Era start charging too much for their products people will simply stop buying their figures.

Let’s face it, this hobby that we all enjoy so much is largely a luxury. I’m sure there are many people outside of this community that would be shocked that we spend over $100 on ANY of these things, particularly during these times we currently are in. But those people don’t get to decide for us how much we should be willing to spend on these figures, no one does.

I don’t think any of us has the ability nor the right to decide how others should value these figures or how much they should be willing to pay for them. So I don’t think that people are merely “making excuses” or demonstrating nothing but “brand loyalty” simply because they are willing to pay more for a particular figure than you are. I’m not saying that these figures are perfect, they certainly have flaws. Some flaws will be overlooked by some while those same flaws will cause others to pass on any particular figure. Ultimately if companies like Hot Toys or Toys Era start charging too much for their products people will simply stop buying their figures.

Let’s face it, this hobby that we all enjoy so much is largely a luxury. I’m sure there are many people outside of this community that would be shocked that we spend over $100 on ANY of these things, particularly during these times we currently are in. But those people don’t get to decide for us how much we should be willing to spend on these figures and neither do you.

Yep, it's only valued at the eye of the beholder. Many would think buying a figure for $200-$300 (sometimes even more) is crazy.
But these same people have no issue spending thousands on performance parts for a car, hunting gear, four wheelers etc.
Point is everyone has there hobbies.

Now maybe there are some who will only buy Hot Toys. Ok, who cares. I do tend to stick to Hot Toys or a few other third party brands that I know the level of quality I can expect. Not going to knock anyone who sticks to Hot Toys only. I did for a long time too, the few I did branch out on, was after seeing alot of reviews on the figure. Now Toys era, Pangaea, and Pop Toys are in my collection as well.

Toys era was one of those third party companies I would buy from way back with the magnet (DFP young magneto) the original not 2.0. And the quality was really good, sculpt was not HT level but pretty good. But man look how far Toys era has come! Pop toys too, that is another one that has really improved.

Yes jacerc130 my collection consists of only 34 figures at the moment. All of my figures happen to be by Hot Toys because that happens to be bk a few years ago I happens to see a Thor figure (Dark World Heavy Armor) and was blown away by it. He was my favorite character growing so I bought it. I was really impressed with the quality of their figures so got a more Captain America (CW) and Iron Man (CW). My point is that my first three figures were really nice in my opinion so I suppose I grew to trust Hot Toys quality. Some figures that I saw by other companies at the time didn’t seem to match Hot Toys in regards to materials and sculpts so I didn’t pay much attention to other companies.

That said recently it seems like other companies have really improved their figures. Toys Era in particular with The Ock and The Fiend have really appear to have raised their game! It is based on how well the aforementioned figures came out that I decided to make The Omniscient my first non-Hot Toys figure. Of course he may not be as good as The Fiend for instance but if he turns out well I will have no problem having Toys Era being a company that I will purchase from without much reservation. I’m actually pretty excited to add The Omniscient into my collection.

Everyone likes what they like and no one should pay attention to anyone trying to knock their choices. You can tell when people are either trying to justify their purchase or non purchase. Whatever reason you have for your choice is your business. No one else?s. If you want to share your opinions you are free to do so but we could all do with a little less disparaging of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really think my reasoning is "lengths" when it's just people who preorder pay less overall? I'm cheap, I preorder because that's the cheapest way to get them. Look at Mythic Legions here for an example, they're a 1/12 fantasy line. Preordering and paying in full gets you $35 figures, but you're waiting 9 months typically. If you don't do that, you can buy elsewhere at BBTS and other places for $50 a figure. That's the price you pay for not preordering, $15 PER FIGURE extra cost. It pays to pay up front.

Yes jacerc130 my collection consists of only 34 figures at the moment. All of my figures happen to be by Hot Toys because that happens to be bk a few years ago I happens to see a Thor figure (Dark World Heavy Armor) and was blown away by it. He was my favorite character growing so I bought it. I was really impressed with the quality of their figures so got a more Captain America (CW) and Iron Man (CW). My point is that my first three figures were really nice in my opinion so I suppose I grew to trust Hot Toys quality. Some figures that I saw by other companies at the time didn?t seem to match Hot Toys in regards to materials and sculpts so I didn?t pay much attention to other companies.

That said recently it seems like other companies have really improved their figures. Toys Era in particular with The Ock and The Fiend have really appear to have raised their game! It is based on how well the aforementioned figures came out that I decided to make The Omniscient my first non-Hot Toys figure. Of course he may not be as good as The Fiend for instance but if he turns out well I will have no problem having Toys Era being a company that I will purchase from without much reservation. I?m actually pretty excited to add The Omniscient into my collection.

"ONLY 34 figure" - I am probably at like 50 now, and its funny how the addiction makes us still use the word only.

TOYS ERA are releasing figures of the quality I would have seen from Hot Toys about 10 years ago, which is pretty solid.

"ONLY 34 figure" - I am probably at like 50 now, and its funny how the addiction makes us still use the word only.

TOYS ERA are releasing figures of the quality I would have seen from Hot Toys about 10 years ago, which is pretty solid.

Yes hellgrammite, I know you have been involved in this hobby a lot longer than me so I trust your assessment here. I am fine with getting some “pretty solid” figures from another company that is making figures that I want but Hot Toys decides not to produce for whatever reason. Although Toys Era has a way to go before they catch up with the quality and craftsmanship of Hot Toys, but it appears that they are closing the gap which is great.

I don't see anyone going great lengths and making excuses for prices. It is really simple; if you think that a figure is too expensive, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Back