TOYs ERA - The Fiend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If both are relatively expensive I would go with the Hot Toys version. I think the helmet is more accurate and the body used by HT looks a bit better proportioned, and the details on the HT costume look a bit sharper.

That said, I’m not trying to dump on the Fiend it is a really nice figure and I do think the sleeves and cuffs look better than on the HT version
Agreed. If you can get The Fiend for a great price then by all means go that direction, but if both higher go with the HT.

I have The Fiend and didn't feel the need for me to upgrade. If given the choice between the two with a fresh start, I would go with the HT version unless the other was super cheap.

I'd say the same. I recently found the Fiend for a great price and I'm happy with it for what I paid, especially when I wanted to reserve the big bucks for the Upgraded suit from Hot Toys, which is a higher priority to me. The Fiend is a good figure.

But if you can't find a good deal, or if price isn't a big difference/factor, go with the Hot Toys instead. The overall quality and accuracy of the HT figure is better. If the OG Raimi Goblin is your priority, and the money isn't an issue, get the top shelf.

At 21:57 in this video you can see them side by side:

Thanks guys for the input, still a little torn but the consensus seems to be towards the HT which is understandable. There's just something I really dig about the Toys Era The Fiend but we'll see.

If the price is the same, or no real significant savings, then go with HT. If you're a stickler for detail then go with HT. Although, there are inaccuracies with HT it is of better quality. HT is better, but it all boils down to what you want and what you want to spend. There are enough pictures of both of these figures out there to compare.

Ended up going for the HT. I like the green of the suit, the unmasked headsculpt and I feel the helmet looks better. I also had a 10% off coupon code and $73.55 in sideshow rewards so I saved like $111. Glad I grabbed it too because as soon as I checked out it said low stock remaining 😳

Ended up going for the HT. I like the green of the suit, the unmasked headsculpt and I feel the helmet looks better. I also had a 10% off coupon code and $73.55 in sideshow rewards so I saved like $111. Glad I grabbed it too because as soon as I checked out it said low stock remaining 😳
I mean if you change your mind and would rather have the Toys Era version, I guess I will do a straight up trade with you 🤣

Awesome, congratulations!!

I guess all I can add is if you wait a few months you may get a discount on the HT version but then again, maybe not...

I prefer the upgraded goblin which makes this HT version a bit superfluous. They were announced really close together so I'm curious if that had a negative effect on the number of preorders for this version?

Back