Toys Battalion "Mars Guardian" (ZSJL Martian Manhunter)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to your Batman Returns figure Libby? Looks like it has been cut??
yeah it has
my fault really
i put it together from loose pieces from ebay and sadly the body and suit were so tightly bubble wrapped and taped for protection ,after struggling to get it open i resorted to cutting it open
need i say more than it it was a stupid decision on my part and didn't end well

as you can see lol 👍

yeah it has
my fault really
i put it together from loose pieces from ebay and sadly the body and suit were so tightly bubble wrapped and taped for protection ,after struggling to get it open i resorted to cutting it open
need i say more than it it was a stupid decision on my part and didn't end well

as you can see lol 👍
That's devastating! Have you thought about glueing it back together? Use the stuff they repair silicone cowls with maybe?

That's devastating! Have you thought about glueing it back together? Use the stuff they repair silicone cowls with maybe?
yeah think about it every time i look at it lol

i've put tape under the cut and closed the gab it looks okay

but im wary of glues making the rubber hard and brittle

i thought about a bicycle inner tube repair kit to patch it from the inside
but i dont know lol

so my answer for now has been to stop looking at it lol

M33 turned up. It's better but still bloody hard work getting that suit on. It's at its absolute limit being stretched.
Now it's on I'm not taking it back off, I feel it will degrade too much in the process. It's already split on his left calf.
Definitely looks the part though.
I'm gonna paint him with the top part folded down.

Somehow I will have to remove the neck peg.
PXL_20230323_141319970.PORTRAIT(1).jpg
PXL_20230323_141319970.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
M33 turned up. It's better but still bloody hard work getting that suit on. It's at its absolute limit being stretched.
Now it's on I'm not taking it back off, I feel it will degrade too much in the process. It's already split on his left calf.
Definitely looks the part though.
I'm gonna paint him with the top part folded down.

Somehow I will have to remove the neck peg.
View attachment 629565 View attachment 629566
Looking really good so far, the proportions of that body look nice with that costume. Do you think it will be harder to paint the arms and neck area with the costume on?
Please provide more photos of your progress with this as you move forward!

It will be harder but easier than removing the costume and putting it back. I don't think it would survive that. Will do.

Didn't have much time today but did get somewhere with the neck. I couldn't find anything online regarding removing the steel neck peg. Mole grips and good solid pull did nothing. I pulled the neck opened slightly and checked it out. I thought if I did a Bane backbreaker on his neck it would pop out. That or the silicone fine would tear itself in half. Luckily it popped out. I had to trim the top part of the neck away for the head to sit somewhere near. I'll get my 3D printer guy to make me a male-female coupler for the head/neck.

PXL_20230324_111754911.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230324_111450422.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230324_111937944.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230324_111932559.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230324_111735670.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230324_111739729.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230324_111443685.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230324_111443685.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Wow, that’s awesome @T800. Glad that metal head peg popped out without ripping up the neck. I’m fascinated to see how you go about adding the ridges to the arms and painting the neck and arms.

Then if you hook him up with a wired cape that should complete the upgrade.

If it all works out I will try it with the M32 body I think. I might even consider sending the head sculpt out for a professional repaint.

Wow, that’s awesome @T800. Glad that metal head peg popped out without ripping up the neck. I’m fascinated to see how you go about adding the ridges to the arms and painting the neck and arms.

Then if you hook him up with a wired cape that should complete the upgrade.

If it all works out I will try it with the M32 body I think. I might even consider sending the head sculpt out for a professional repaint.

Thanks
I'm gonna have a play with silicone caulk and a soldering iron tomorrow and test the paints on his back.

Today's findings.

Pulled the clothes down. Cleaned the body with soap, went fine.

Silicone is a no-go. It would have to be applied via medical syringes and even then if I was lucky or skilled enough to make it look good the act of rubbing each coat of paint with a sponge would tear it right off.
I will save everyone the displeasure of the picture. Staying well clear of posting pics of a naked guy's lower back with a white silicone mess on it. There's enough Christ symbology going on here anyway without adding that to it.

I think the highest chance of some success will lie in the soldering iron. I put two marks on either side of the back (pic 2) and then a double on one side (pic 3). Might work. I also tried the iron after the paint (4th pic) and it just created unpainted lines.

The paint went on easily. I tried many shades to add green afterwards (pic 3). Orange and then green gave me the closest (pic 5). Lightly went over it with black and then green again (pic 6).

I will try some nail polish remover to see if the skin will shine up a bit. It's a bit too flat. The head is darker than the hands too.

I think it will take a while to get the right colour but that is what is great about this paint you can paint straight away again and keep adjusting.

PXL_20230328_082704451.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230328_083859756.jpg
PXL_20230328_124513276.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230328_132241106.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230328_140057491.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230328_140244445.PORTRAIT.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230328_130642187.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230328_130642187.PORTRAIT.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230328_134854636.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230328_134854636.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Getting somewhere.
He looks better in person than in the pic. Every flaw is apparent here.

I think the skin needs more nail polish removal on it to remove the little bumps and some more colour where its patchy.

PXL_20230329_132949079.PORTRAIT.jpg

It is only my second try. Only thing before this was a black suit Superman. Thanks!

EDIT: Nope, I'm lying. I've done a custom Jor El and Zod.

Last edited:
Back