Toys Battalion "Mars Guardian" (ZSJL Martian Manhunter)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d like to achieve this effect somehow for the eyes as a paint job. And for the X on the chest, for that matter:

620F6FBC-ADCF-4468-8916-5ABA0AC4C13A.jpeg

I experimented with simply removing the plate inside the head sculpt that has the ball joint, and seating the head on the neck without it. The head sculpt seems to rest at a decent height now. I mean, this is no worse a height than many Hot Toys. (Thinking of JL Superman in particular.) The poor joinery at least can be mostly concealed or minimized by careful posing.

09.jpeg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

to be honest mate removed the plate and i just crushed it up with a pair of needle nosed pliers ,warmed the head up first and just crushed away ,

the eye parts were just pushed in place and came out and go back easy

I’d like to achieve this effect somehow for the eyes as a paint job. And for the X on the chest, for that matter:

View attachment 563407
in hand what i did resembles this ,its just hard ,if not impossible to catch on my phone

the picture below the right eye is how both eyes look when not lightened up or distorted by my phones lens ,the small red pupil dot effect

20220219_150800.jpg

Last edited:
A final set of photos I took last week, before putting the figure away for a while (I decided to keep him), with head sculpt lowered on the neck and using some copper wire to create the illusion of a wired cape.

8E7ABD8E-3B1E-402E-A9EB-D7D764D402FF.jpeg

33FDF28E-D79C-4AA0-99D9-93F5D546B14E.jpeg

384882D5-1FF4-4CB7-AEA5-FE46D89039C8.jpeg

C7FEA146-E18A-44E5-8EF4-8CC85E43AD86.jpeg

7066AB5E-6E6E-4B21-8E8A-8C117B08C3F6.jpeg

5C81B7BC-EEDB-4B5C-A70F-5A4B2A82E7CC.jpeg

Could it be that this figure will actually be better than Peacemaker? 🤣

Could it be that this figure will actually be better than Peacemaker? 🤣
Most probably !! What a dumsterfire that one turned out to be.

Probably good for me though, as I could have been tempted if they had stuck to a decent headsculpt, chrome paint helmet and seamless arms.

Anyway, Hot Toys (and WB) and their choices........

quick update

just got this from giantoy ,brace yourselves replacement heads maybe on the way lol

mail
Amber (GIANTOY)
Apr 11, 2022, 15:48 GMT+8
Hello dear customer,
Please note that we have shipped the replacement accessories to you via QP915010865GB. Since the package contains small parts, please kindly pay attention to the arrival and retrieve it in time.

Thank you again for letting us solve this problem for you. Hope you receive the package soon.

Giantoy Support

quick update

just got this from giantoy ,brace yourselves replacement heads maybe on the way lol

mail
Amber (GIANTOY)
Apr 11, 2022, 15:48 GMT+8
Hello dear customer,
Please note that we have shipped the replacement accessories to you via QP915010865GB. Since the package contains small parts, please kindly pay attention to the arrival and retrieve it in time.

Thank you again for letting us solve this problem for you. Hope you receive the package soon.

Giantoy Support
Did you ask for a replacement head?

yeah i did as noted earlier in the thread back in january i think it was ,just thought others in the same boat ,that said ive not heard of anyone receiving a working light up head ,so i guess that everyone who got one ,might be interested to know replacements are on the way

Yeah, I got my email about it today as well! That's pretty cool. It'll be fun to take the figure out again and take some pics with the eyes lit up.

I bought a watch battery for it based on a recommendation that it should be the same as used in most HT Iron Man figures, size is 377/376. It didn’t work but the light-up feature may he been defectively made to begin with.

Anyone get their new head sculpt with the fixed illuminated eyes feature?

i got mine friday ,but not bothered trying it with batteries ,im happy with my candy wrapper fix ,and dont use the light up features much if ever

but if i get chance ill try and spark it up and report back

Delivered

Your item was delivered on 22-04-2022.

Tracking number:QP915010865GB

Proof of delivery​

update just had a go at fitting the batteries ,,no luck the head of the screw is buggered up cant remove the cover to insert the batteries ,i hope you guy have more luck than me and your all work a okay

Back