Toys Battalion "Mars Guardian" (ZSJL Martian Manhunter)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Photo Oct 17, 8 39 22 PM.png

Photo Oct 17, 8 39 33 PM.png

Photo Oct 17, 8 39 36 PM.png

Photo Oct 18, 9 35 53 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 36 00 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 36 12 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 36 29 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 36 55 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 37 06 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 37 17 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 37 24 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 18, 9 37 37 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Oct 17, 8 39 28 PM.png
    Photo Oct 17, 8 39 28 PM.png
    595.1 KB · Views: 423
  • Photo Oct 18, 9 37 12 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 18, 9 37 12 PM.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I’d need to see some in-hand videos to pull the trigger on this. It seems to be lacking in fine detail, but then again so far this is just a handful of four promotional pics.

The suit looks pretty basic. I haven’t studied the suit that closely in the two scenes in the film in which we get a look at MM. But I’ll assume it’s basically faithful to the film.

I prefer verisimilitude to posability, so I’m not a fan of exposed joint elbows. But I can live with them when they’re there.

It would seem to have LED lights for the eyes, and how well that works I’d need to see with someone shoot a 4K video of the actual figure. Batteries would wear out pretty fast. It’s the type of figure, that like Cyborg, ideally you’d want the LED lights turned on all the time with a wired power source.

I haven‘t found it available yet for preorder anywhere.

Overall, it looks promising so far. We need more pics though.

Looks good, albeit a little thin. Will be nice to put him in the pose he was in when meeting Bruce Wayne.

OneSixthKit as well. I'll order this one, but I'm on the fence about Knightmare Flash.

The Flash Knightmare version of his suit looks pretty darned impressive, though. I already have HT JL Flash so I could live without this Knightmare one. And we don’t have a MM figure yet. That is, I like the look of the Flash figure better than the MM one, but I like the MM character more. It’s kind of a toss up for me.

I hope Soosoo also makes MM because I think it might look more finished and detailed if they make it… anyway I’ll probably end up getting both, lol.

Knightmare Flash looks great, no doubt, but I just don't know if I need a Knightmare league, ya know? I've got Batman on PO, but I passed on the BvS version. I didn't PO any of the Knightmare Jokers (which I kind of regret), but I think ultimately I will be fine with Batman alone representing that future.

Meanwhile, it's nice to have another character on the shelves and this Martian Manhunter looks decent enough. I don't know much about Toys Battalion though. It's be great if Soosoo did some more ZSJL figures.

He looks like a skinny teenager for some reason. Could probably do with a good body swap but then you'll have to repaint the body to match the color.

He looks like a skinny teenager for some reason. Could probably do with a good body swap but then you'll have to repaint the body to match the color.

Now that you mention it, it'd be tempting to use a TBLeague Phicen M33. But as you say, the skin would have to be painted to match the head and neck.

Added more pictures of the figure to the first post.

Last edited:
Actually, now looking at the character from the film via those gifs above, the TBLeague Phicen would not work because MM’s arms have the same ridge lines as the head and neck. Although theoretically it should be possible to sculpt them onto the arms with some sort of flexible material, perhaps a silicone similar to the flesh used by the Phicen. How they would attach without eventually detaching over time, i.e., the bond disintegrating, as the figure gets posed I have no idea. But anyway that would be a major project for an artist that does custom mods to undertake, plus the painting to match the rest of the skin. It’s all conceivable. But probably would end up costing easily more than double the price of the figure Itself.

Back