• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Touble with Scammers in the trade forum? Let us know. *Also tips for new buyers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I figured I would move my post here to the trade section. From this link Have you had encounters with Possible scammers in Trade forum? Let us know!

I recently posted that I was seeking some decently high priced collectibles and within 12 hours of posting I had offers from 2 separate accounts both created within the past few days.
One of them wanted to do business through regular email.
Has anyone had similar experiences? If you have names to add to the list let us know.

Most scam accounts have 424 area code in the phone number.
Avoid any transactions with the following numbers

(424)330-8141
(854) 220-8212
(608)561-7362
List of known accounts:

jake7
BenjaminRoberts
omidzargandeh
porterchris2345
Terry Adasin
lovatoadams
austenalex788
salemvktechlnc
Jake Russ
danielbrittian251
Omid Zargandeh
Jale
Jameandran
williamsjame9999
michealjohson55
ablegod1940
tred
Scott Bernard
brittainjoe06
Chesterfield0323
Grovegoytte
Sleeves926
davidcarl7256
Pamela Scott
richardscott7256
letijoena
Pnl
David Carl
Paul Nelson
thomaswells369
bornlovely772
ceresius171
Pamela scoot
Donna Ronald
Colton Holmes
Berger

The following emails are also provided by scammers:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Jacobwright0010@gmail
[email protected]

A few tips for new buyers:
* Always reverse image search the photos a seller sends. To see if they match any online.
Use Google image search Google Images and Tineye TinEye Reverse Image Search
sometimes one will find something that the other doesn't. If the image is reversed, simply correct it and then use image search.
* Ask for seller to write their user name on a piece of paper with today's date and a certain corner bent.
* If they have posts, click their profile and click their activity tab to see what they have posted. Scammers are usually lazy and will just post spam. For Example: One little scammer posted a playmates Rat King figure for sale in a thread about Hot Toys War Machine.
* If you do end up making a purchase, always go through PayPal and make sure you select goods or services so that your purchase is protected.
* If someone tells you Paypal "doesn't work for them" and they want you to use another site or app to pay for example: Whatsapp, cash app or Zelle simply stop communication, they are most likely scamming you.

Local sales:
*If you are the seller and meeting in person, always do so in a public, well lit location and have them use "Friends and Family" option on Paypal so they can't file a false claim or cancel payment once completed.
*If you are the Buyer always inspect before purchasing.

Red flags to look for.
* The account trying to sell you an item was made recently or within 3 or 4 months.
* 0 or very few posts.
* No Feedback.
* Price is too good to be true.

(If anyone else thinks of some tips to add let me know)

Last edited:
Same here. Got three new accounts with zero posts trying to sell me a Freddy for a very low price. davidcarl7256, richardscott7256, and Pnl. I was just questioning this, since I have put collecting on the side for a few years, to come back and see this forum has changed a lot. Guess the scammers raided this forum. This place used to be awesome buying/selling.

Thanks for the names. Yeah 2 of thoes guys I have on the list but Pnl
is a new one. I was hoping by making this list the moderator would have banned all of them but it looks like there's a few floaters out there still.
You are right, this place used to be perfect for buying and selling but I am hoping we can make it that way again. I wish someone would make this post a sticky so everyone can see it.

It’s a start. Good job! I’m sure it helped someone or will help someone down the road with this list.

Another one who sent me an email selling me the statue cheap but he wants me to pay using Zelle and friends & family only!! Is always the same excuse , the PayPal is never working for them, you need to use Zelle as a payment with Friends & family and then take a screenshot!!! :rotfl

Just watch out for the guys always claiming the PayPal is not working and they want you to use Zelle instead!

*** Theres no protection to the buyers when you use Zelle as payments. ***

Name: Paul Nelson
Email: [email protected]

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 09.52.18.jpg

Another one who sent me an email selling me the statue cheap but he wants me to pay using Zelle and friends & family only!! Is always the same excuse , the PayPal is never working for them, you need to use Zelle as a payment with Friends & family and then take a screenshot!!! :rotfl

Just watch out for the guys always claiming the PayPal is not working and they want you to use Zelle instead!

*** Theres no protection to the buyers when you use Zelle as payments. ***

Name: Paul Nelson
Email: [email protected]

View attachment 513691

Thank You I added him to the list :)

Too much of scammers
One person told me that he has TMT newly in pack for sale for 50$

Christ. I haven't done any forum commerce in years except with one long-standing member. With the way the forum is now I don't think I would trust anyone who isn't a recognizable, long-time poster in other sections of the site.

Christ. I haven't done any forum commerce in years except with one long-standing member. With the way the forum is now I don't think I would trust anyone who isn't a recognizable, long-time poster in other sections of the site.

I know what you mean, if I post anything in WTB I get al least 3 or 4 offers from scammers. It is crazy.

Back