Topo Toys Joker suit - Dark Knight.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
icegif-1735.gif

what gipetto said.

really your only options for custom heads unless you wanna go budget friendly is getting inart's head, creg/dean's 6.0 sculpted haired head and getting it painted or buying some KOs on ebay/aliexpress. someone was selling their rooted sculpt for like 350 the other day if I'm not mistaken and frankly that isn't exactly a bad price at least with what you have to sort of compare with, which are usually custom work

customs sculpts:
adam, mike, yixie, ambrosial, creg are really the only options that exist but they're gonna fetch a p pretty penny.

highly recommend yuan, black/heise if you want something to get done by 1 person (both hair and paint). ideally, my pick is black because yuan is like backlogged with orders. both charge around the same for hair and paint

Any reason why the coats never have the stitching on the collar/lapel? Curious because that was always an obvious detail to me.

Looking forward to your thoughts. I'm still trying to decide. Was hoping there would be some sort of in-hand review before buying though I don't think any of the Topo sets have been reviewed yet 🤔
realistically, im only gonna be needing the shoes and gloves from this set to complete my joker since I'm waiting for a custom pair. but I'm probably gonna fit it into my current kitbash just to see how it looks. they've improved with bank robber, other aspects, not so much like the gloves being a stiff plastic that even heating cant really help with how small the socket is.

determining factor to people's topo set comes down to futzing unfortunately so its very user dependent, probably just like inart. someone like yunaitao will eat this set up and make it perfect, but common collectors might just slap it on and not think so much of how it will look. just judging by pictures, even if they use inart's body. M01 and BD001 is still intended for this clothing set. I'm not huge on the pattern they used for the shirt nor how stiff the collar looks but ill probably judge that when i receive mine since their initial release was kinda misleading. from what i heard, apparently grenade pouch is removed from this set. the big difference and change i hope is that they fix the length of the pants, it should sit around the lip of his shoe. the bright color for the pants are very appreciated over the muted purple. blazer looks nice.

depending when my inart figure comes, i might mix and match but will test the entire set once it arrives, minus the tie since i have dino's. god forbid, i like futzing and playing with minature belts but i wish to not be put through the torture of doing a tie in 1/6 or shoe laces

Topo's Joker sets, in my opinion, have been of very high quality overall. The Bank Robbery set in particular is outstanding.
for the price point and the quality, it can easily compete with high end tailors. they're very close to each other. my only nitpick is how the bag isn't a darker blue but i think most duffel bags for bank robber, third party wise were that light blue color

From what I've seen they are good and very well tailored.

However like most figures it depends on bodies used, futzing etc. I've seen some incredible ones but also so horrendous ones.

one glove looks fine while the other reminds me of repainted bank robber gloves to look purple. really skeptical but i guess we'll have to wait and see how they turn out. picture doesn't quite do it any bit of justice. the pant lining is too thick like the original release. the waistcoat is pleasantly nice and the blazer is decent too. its a shame. good release if you really only want the gloves, but I'm holding from saying anything until i receive mine. the pattern is very garbage to me. i think their original release had better patterns, the patterns look overly dark and pixelated to me but that might be because of the picture.

but pleasantly surprise to see that the grenade pouch is still included

Got my 2.0 set today really nice however it's missing the green vest 😂🤦

Set feels nice though quality hands have detail though no suspenders but does have the slots for grenade.

Set feels nice though quality hands have detail though no suspenders but does have the slots for grenade.
Oh man that sucks about the green vest! Would love to see pics of the hands if you get a chance.

And out of curiosity, do you have the InArt joker to compare the topo set with?

I have a bank robber topo sealed and that was a fear I had that I will open it and something will be missing.. how common is this

picture posted by KG Hobby of the set. At first glance, I thought the vest was missing here too, but looks like its inside the grey blazer. From this pic, it looks nice enough, but hard to tell if it's better or at least on par with the InArt suit.

Topo Purple Joker set.jpg

picture posted by KG Hobby of the set. At first glance, I thought the vest was missing here too, but looks like its inside the grey blazer. From this pic, it looks nice enough, but hard to tell if it's better or at least on par with the InArt suit.

View attachment 629491
ugh thats bothersome. so it is bank robber gloves just repainted purple

was hoping it'd be like the one on the right

Back