Top movie anniversaries 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which are your top movie anniversaries of 2023?

• The Exorcist (50th)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • American Graffiti (50th)

• Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (40th)

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Superman III (40th)

• Jurassic Park (30th)

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Schindler's List (30th)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions (20th)

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (20th)

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Man of Steel (10th)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Iron Man 3 (10th)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
I‘m going full on mainstream pop culture: SW, LOTR, Jurassic Park. I mean, I don’t know why people kind of forget Jurassic Park when they grow older, but the fact that it still kicks so hard for the youngsters in the world, is amazing.

Superman III is not a good movie.

The computer eating that woman and turning her into a robot scared the LIVING **** OUT OF ME.

Still does. I get a cold chill down my spine watching it on youtube. When she's screaming and freaking out....but then opens her silver eyes.....AAAAAHHHH that's some scary ass ****!!!!

The movie is ridiculous, though. It's fun to watch with a friend while drinking. Richard Pryor is a madman. He falls off the roof of a skyscraper, wearing skis, and lands on his feet and just shuffles down the street with the skis on. No injuries. But an hour earlier, Jimmy Olsen falls off a ladder and breaks his leg. Movies are dumb.

Superman III is not a good movie.

The computer eating that woman and turning her into a robot scared the LIVING **** OUT OF ME.

Still does. I get a cold chill down my spine watching it on youtube. When she's screaming and freaking out....but then opens her silver eyes.....AAAAAHHHH that's some scary ass ****!!!!

The movie is ridiculous, though. It's fun to watch with a friend while drinking. Richard Pryor is a madman. He falls off the roof of a skyscraper, wearing skis, and lands on his feet and just shuffles down the street with the skis on. No injuries. But an hour earlier, Jimmy Olsen falls off a ladder and breaks his leg. Movies are dumb.

The intros of Superman I/II and III are poles apart tonally.

In retrospect maybe I should have included JAWS 3D instead. Now Supes is represented twice.

superman-clark-kent.gif

others:

dCn2btq.jpg

q8IcdX3.jpg

King Kong
78w0bp.gif

Casablanca
78vynp.gif

Batman
78vtyq.gif

The Phantom
78voso.gif

The Wild One
78w3ti.gif

The War of the Worlds
78w1pa.gif

The Great Escape (spoiler ...he doesn't get away)
78zqn3.gif

From Russia with Love
The Pink Panther
78zy1o.gif

Papillon
Serpico
Enter the Dragon
78w5hw.gif

The Holy Mountain
78wh21.gif

Sleeper
78w6th.gif

(trash but fun)
Battle for the Planet of the Apes (hey it was the last one)
Westworld

Scarface
78w4nj.gif

The Outsiders
Sudden Impact
78nmj8.gif

Falling Down
El Mariachi
Carlito's Way
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
78wg2j.gif

Super Mario Bros. :lol

Kill Bill
78welf.gif

Once Upon a Time in Mexico
78webu.gif

Pirates of the Caribbean
78wf40.gif

Last edited:
Man of Steel being ten years old is crazy to me. It's always fun looking back and seeing the impact certain movies have on your life and what you end up spending time and money on because of it. I still vividly remember going to the cinemas and seeing it for the first time. I was so blown away by it and it led to me being even more invested with the form of movies as a whole. It also led to my first Hot Toy purchase. Crazy that it has been so many years since that.

The only answer to me is ROTJ though. There are other fantastic movies here like Jurassic Park and Return of the King but those don't hit the highs that ROTJ does for me. It's imperfect, but it got the major stuff right. Luke was written so effectively in the movie. The chills I get when 'A Jedi's Fury' plays, when Luke throws the saber away, facing the destiny the whole trilogy was leading up to, it's unparalleled. This movie is why Luke Skywalker is my favourite character ever. It's strange that it's also the part of his arc that gets ignored in a lot of subsequent adaptations of the character. Either way, that's the way I leaned, I just think it's a really special movie that, while it isn't as great as the first two, is still wildly emotionally satisfying as a viewer.

Last edited:
It's the 20th anniversary of The Curse of the Black Pearl this year and the naive part me is hoping we finally get a proper 1/6 Jack Sparrow from that movie, I would say Barbossa too but I'm not that naive.

It's weird. I don't have a hard time accepting Return of the King's age, but I can't believe the Matrix sequels are 20 years old now. Though they were very much products of their time, they still feel so fresh.

Back