Top Gun: Maverick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait what extended version of TGM!!! :panic:

Some thoughts on what was probably trimmed

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some thoughts on what was probably trimmed

Spoiler Spoiler:

:thud: :thud: :thud:

K…Kh…Khe…Khev…KHEV!!!

Some very slight movie *SPOILERS* in this interview. Former actual Top Gun instructor Dave Berke talks to Jocko Willink about the accuracy/impact of TGM.

Only saw this tonight. A+ film. An absolute triumph. Everything worked. All the right choices. Heck it's even made me want a Maverick & Penny 'Jerry Maguire'-type spinoff movie. Loved their scenes, very moving romantic score. And wow, incredible use of the original Top Gun music. Goosebump stuff, pun intended.

Only saw this tonight. A+ film. An absolute triumph. Everything worked. All the right choices. Heck it's even made me want a Maverick & Penny 'Jerry Maguire'-type spinoff movie. Loved their scenes, very moving romantic score. And wow, incredible use of the original Top Gun music. Goosebump stuff, pun intended.
Oh wow I had no idea that you hadn't seen this before today!

So glad you got to catch it on the big screen. :rock Or (gasp) did you deliberately wait until you could watch it digitally at home?

Either way you can now sit back and soak in my 45 minute YouTube review, lol.

Oh wow I had no idea that you hadn't seen this before today!

So glad you got to catch it on the big screen. :rock Or (gasp) did you deliberately wait until you could watch it digitally at home?

Either way you can now sit back and soak in my 45 minute YouTube review, lol.
I was going to be seeing it with the brother and his fiancee but I had to cancel and I never made any other arrangements. So yeah I saw the digital - watched it on a projector with full sound setup though.

I'll have to go back and listen to your review. I remember I started it when you first posted it but stopped because having not seen the film I couldn't really share in the enthusiasm yet.

I was going to be seeing it with the brother and his fiancee but I had to cancel and I never made any other arrangements. So yeah I saw the digital - watched it on a projector with full sound setup though.

I'll have to go back and listen to your review. I remember I started it when you first posted it but stopped because having not seen the film I couldn't really share in the enthusiasm yet.
When you watched it at home did it have shifting aspect ratios?

Hmm, I can't say I noticed.
Gotcha. I actually don't care in this case. Both my big screen viewings were in non-IMAX Dolby Laser auditoriums and I thought the standard widescreen was perfect to the point that I wondered if I might actually like an expanded IMAX picture less for this particular film which would be a first.

Hmm, I can't say I noticed.
I think I know why….

Exhibit A: a-dev’s seating position at home:
857EC3EF-E0F5-4B89-ACC3-1788084F2373.jpeg

I think I know why….

Exhibit A: a-dev’s seating position at home:
View attachment 596220
Your insight into my Jurassic World cinema experience serves you well!

It would certainly explain the trapped nerve and excruciating pain I'm currently in :lol

Tell you what though, wouldn't mind being either of the guys in that picture, check out those womenfolk.

I intended to see this in IMAX, since I saw the trailer back in 2019 and all the practical flying looked incredible.

But, alas....life got in the way and I never got a chance.

Well, this hit the torrent sites this week so I finally watched it.

It was good. Pretty much a retread of the original, beat for beat, but I enjoyed it. Val Kilmer's scenes were very moving. Everything else was extremely predictable, but still a fun ride. I think it got a tad silly once they both got shot down and had to get out on foot. Also, it was very apparent that Maverick was NOT going to let any of those kids die on his watch, so there was little tension for me as to whether they'd all get out alive. But honestly, I'm glad they didn't kill any of them off for shock value. It's nice to see everyone survive for a change.

Wish I had seen it in IMAX though.

Back