Top 5 Most Disappointing "Reveals" in Star Wars movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I posted my disappointment at the Vader reveal--it was my disappointment as an 15 year old.

As I grew older and more mature, I understood the pathos, and why it was important to humanize and make the connection between Luke and his father.

And yet Vader's revelation was amazing. Everybody pictured someone cool, someone badass. The reality is he was a long time just a broken sad man.
Yeah I'm really not sure what people were expecting - a leering sneering Javier Bardem? Jack NIcholson? The whole idea was that he had turned away from the dark side.

The way the make-up was designed - the "humpty dumpty" egg-head look with silent movie star pancake white face powder - was indeed a major problem though. He just looked a bit odd and not very convincing, and the later eyebrows redo thing made it arguably worse. They should have given him Ewok eyes instead. :dunno :lol

As a side note, the harmonica ROTJ Anakin reveal on youtube (there are a couple of variations) is still one of the funniest SW videos ever.

2. Losing Gary Kurtz as the producer. He had his hand in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark. after his falling out with Lucas, Lucas never made a decent film again.
Lucas in making a film without Kurtz:

apocalypsenow-horror.gif

Biggest of ALL time: Nose lady was a lesbian, revealed during the ST's human ewok celebration.

BH2OWwA.png

nGcZWXo.png

(I love how you can google "nose lady Star Wars" and she not only comes up, but it links you to the official Wookiepedia page.)

Was this disappointing because you wanted her to get with Poe? I can't tell if you're post is satire.

4.... the idiotic Sith dagger held up to the Death Star II ruins reveal nonsense just really encapsulates how stupid the writing is.

The dagger does encapsulate very well the entire ST: make it work, sense or no, maybe no one will notice

How it was found, how it was used, and how it served no purpose after = ST

1. Boba Fett "dying" like a sissy in RotJ
2. Jango Fett nerfed so Windu can kill him off
3. the Entirety of TLJ (would equate to at least 10 more)
4. Palpatine coming back
5. Finn's role in the ST

I can't even consider the Disney movies as "Star Wars" so they don't count.

Dumbest **** in SW though:

1. Luke and Leia being brother and sister. I was OK with all the other retcons but even as a five year old kid in the theater on opening day in 1983 I almost threw my soda and the screen and yelled "bullllshiiiit!!"

2. The Clone Wars. In my mind it was epic beyond description. Like the opening shot of Episode III times a thousand. All the Jedi in the galaxy fighting these Blade Runner-esque rogue Clones, in a battle for supremacy of the universe.

Instead.....it was Stormtroopers shooting at spindly little robots. Yeah. That's all it was.

3. Darth Vader built C-3PO. Oh **** off. That's just so lazy.

4. R2-D2 was Anakin Skywalker's personal astromech droid for about 20 years.

5. Anakin turned to the Dark Side because.....the Emperor was like "Come on man, please?" I still don't really understand this one.

I never cared for Hayden Christensen's appearance as a ghost in ROTJ. Luke never saw Anakin as a young man, so would not immediately be aware who he was. It also doesn't make sense, since their ghost appearance is based upon how they looked at the time of death. If you accept it was based on how he looked before he turned to the Dark side, then the original version of ROTJ, should have had a young man, not the older version we saw.

Pretty much Disney's visions.
that the OT basically achieved nothing
Not only did the rebellion and original heroes achieve and amount to absolutely nothing, further Disney surprise reveals:
-Han becomes so dead beat lame, his only role left is to uselessly commit suicide by his own brat.
-Leia becomes the worst, least inspiring leader in the universe.
-Luke betrays everything he learned and was to become an absolute piece of $#!t coward, slave to Jedi dogma, slave to fear, and the ultimate failed Jedi.
Subversion (read as: characters act the exact opposite of who they are) Surprise reveal!. :blissy

Yeah I didn't see I any of those coming.

Last edited:
Sequel Trilogy is full of cringiness so I’ll leave it alone.
Just like Darkseed, I 'll leave the ST alone. Just the movies as the title states.....

1 - Darth Maul survived being cut in half and falling down a shaft.
2 - Boba Fett is a clone.
3 - Hayden Christensen being added as the force ghost at the end of ROTJ Special Edition.
4 - Qui Gon introducing midichlorians into the world of the force.
5 - Darth Sidious/Sheev defeating three Jedi masters so easily.

Bonus :

6 - Jar Jar
7 - Greedo firing his blaster (Special Edition)
8 - Max Rebo Band and Sy Snootles song "Lapti Nek" being changed "Jedi Rock". The inclusion of new members in the band and a CGI Sy Snootles just killed it in the Special Edition for me.
9 - The way Boba dies in the ROTJ.
10 - General Grievous' last battle and death.

This seems to have gone from a 'worst plot twist' thread to a 'things I hate about SW thread.

3. Darth Vader built C-3PO. Oh **** off. That's just so lazy.

4. R2-D2 was Anakin Skywalker's personal astromech droid for about 20 years.

5. Anakin turned to the Dark Side because.....the Emperor was like "Come on man, please?" I still don't really understand this one.

3. Not really a reveal if you watch the saga in episodic order, and it works better that way too.

4. See above.

5. Anakin reluctantly sold his soul to the devil to save the woman he loved. He continued to kill throughout his life in the hope it would get easier, but he remained conflicted until he was finally redeemed by his son.

If you accept it was based on how he looked before he turned to the Dark side, then the original version of ROTJ, should have had a young man, not the older version we saw.

George just changed his mind, as he is wont to do. It was a convenience to help tie the PT and OT together.

Not really a reveal if you watch the saga in episodic order, and it works better that way too.

George just changed his mind, as he is wont to do.

Nobody watched the movies in episodic order. We watched them as they were released. And every new release, including ESB, made more of a mess of the previous releases.

You can hand-wave away any continuity problems in Star Wars as "George changed his mind." That's the same as saying "A wizard did it" every time a horse changes between scenes in Xena: Warrior Princess.

This thread is for griping about the lousy parts of the movies. If you think they're all perfect, maybe this isn't the thread for you.

I didn’t know that. Gah! That makes me despise both films even more now!

Absolutely.

This is the quote from him that absolutely cements the fact that he had no idea what Star Wars actually means.

“We thought of it as just paying her respects and sort of undoing the original sin at the end of the third movie, which is the separation of the twins. I mean, of course, they had to be separated to keep them safe, and the trilogy wouldn’t exist, the six movies wouldn’t exist if they hadn’t been separated! But that felt to us like it was almost like a wrong that need to be righted. We very deliberately in the script described the wrapping of the sabers, as ‘like you were wrapping infants.’ That’s the thing that you see at the end of the third movie, where the two infants are wrapped, and one is sent to Tatooine to be a farmer, and one is sent to Alderaan to be a princess. Leia’s home doesn’t exist anymore, so we thought, ‘Well, Luke could take Leia to his home where he grew up, and where we first saw “Star Wars.”’”

I mean… what the ****?

Back