Tomb of Moria (Balin?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just a possible release,
we are still evaluating

it is pretty big, will be in resin (like a statue)
Retail price will not be less than 400 USD.

What do you guys think?

aa11.jpg

i’m going to give you my honest opinion. I think we could make something like this ourselves for a lot less money. Not a slam on the company I just think the money could be used better elsewhere. I would not buy this for at that price point

$400 is too much for that, add another $100 and you get a premium format statue that has way more detail.

wouldn't get my money, as stated above- i could make it (better) as well as for much less- easy pass...
I'll save that kind of money for another crown release

Wouldn?t buy it. To expensive for just a tomb. That seems like it would be good as an exclusive extra if you released another figure. Even then, I would not pay the extra 50 dollars for the exclusive if that?s what it came with.

Release a Gil Galad!! He was the last high king of the noldor elves and he was seen at the very beginning of the lord of the rings.

The Elrond you just released was his herald in that war. It would be a great companion piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of environments and a Moria display would be very cool but a rectangle box with a corpse for $400? Simply too rich for me.

I would rather put that towards two figures.

I do love the environment that comes with Crown Gandalf the Grey, though.

If there is a way to make it and keep it affordable I would buy it in a heart beat. $400 would be a lot for me though. I wonder what it would be without the corpse. If you just make the tomb would that lower it? Maybe pair it with a re-release of Gimli or a re-release of Legolas but with the Mirkwood bow and quiver. Then you could do a deluxe figure release and also offer just the tomb as another option. Just some thoughts because I would really, really love to get Balin’s tomb.

Just a possible release,
we are still evaluating

it is pretty big, will be in resin (like a statue)
Retail price will not be less than 400 USD.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 498496

Would that be including Gimli at that price? If that was the case then it wouldn?t be too bad of a deal. I would certainly buy this if it was sold separately within the $100-200 price range, for anyone who already has Gimli?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takes away space that could be used for more characters.

:exactly: Agreed. As nice as it looks, it's a bit on the expensive side for me and would take up too much room, I'd rather have a couple of new characters instead please! :)

Cool idea, but as stated — too rich for my blood. Hollow plastic/rubber would work just as well (also previously mentioned). Toy companies make stuff like this all the time for toddlers and it doesn’t cost $400 +.

I could see folks going for a more expansive environment like Timemeddler’s dio if the price were right and Asmus produced a cave troll.
I’d rather see a new Eowyn and/or cursed Theoden on throne.

Back