TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hate ebay sometimes.

I bought what was supposed to be an original version neca super shredder and I even contacted the seller to make sure it wasn't the shadow or 30th anniversary edition and they assured me it was the original.

Well, I got it today and it's the 30th anniversary edition.... time to start a refund request.

15F7559A-E798-4BF4-B9B6-6D38066C7C66.jpeg

I have an extra NECA 1/4 TMNT Donatello Animated Series for trade if anyone is interested. Trade I'm looking for is the SooSoo toys detective vigilante (robin).
20211001_064902.jpg
20211001_065027.jpg

So this is frustrating. I had ordered a Footsoldier Weapons rack 2 pack and a Shredder/Splinter set from the NECA store (not the ebay one) and they shipped at the same time but - unknown to me until today - in 2 separate boxes. I've been hit for customs on each one. If that's not enough I've been heavily overcharged. The contents description on the customs declaration for the first box for some reason lists 4 sets at 51.99 each coming to 207.96 and I've been charged 60 euro on that basis. I paid that yesterday, suspecting that I had been overcharged but not being clear on the reason without having anything in hand. All was revealed when the first box arrived today. Anyway customs want a further 25 euro to release the second box, which itself is going to be an overcharge because -although I don't have that box yet - I am able to ascertain from the 2 customs letters I have that the customs value of that one is precisely half of this first box - as such it means the contents description of that box must be for 2 items - when I know for a fact there will only be one item in the box.

So because of NECA store's inexplicable error in filling out the customs declaration I've been charged customs on 6 sets when I only ordered (and been sent) 2. Possibly I might not have been charged anything at all if the forms had been correctly done.

:banghead

Last edited:
So this is frustrating. I had ordered a Footsoldier Weapons rack 2 pack and a Shredder/Splinter set from the NECA store (not the ebay one) and they shipped at the same time but - unknown to me until today - in 2 separate boxes. I've been hit for customs on each one. If that's not enough I've been heavily overcharged. The contents description on the customs declaration for the first box for some reason lists 4 sets at 51.99 each coming to 207.96 and I've been charged 60 euro on that basis. I paid that yesterday, suspecting that I had been overcharged but not being clear on the reason without having anything in hand. All was revealed when the first box arrived today. Anyway customs want a further 25 euro to release the second box, which itself is going to be an overcharge because -although I don't have that box yet - I am able to ascertain from the 2 customs letters I have that the customs value of that one is precisely half of this first box - as such it means the contents description of that box must be for 2 items - when I know for a fact there will only be one item in the box.

So because of NECA store's inexplicable error in filling out the customs declaration I've been charged customs on 6 sets when I only ordered (and been sent) 2. Possibly I might not have been charged anything at all if the forms had been correctly done.

Wow, that's terrible.

Not that they'd probably do anything, but you should let NECA know (on Twitter if you don't get a proper e-mail response). Maybe there's a small chance it'll help prevent it from happening in the future.

Stupid mistakes like that causing frustration is always terrible to hear.

Wow, that's terrible.

Not that they'd probably do anything, but you should let NECA know (on Twitter if you don't get a proper e-mail response). Maybe there's a small chance it'll help prevent it from happening in the future.
I've emailed the address [email protected] by way of replying to one of their shipping notification emails to me regarding this particular order. Sometimes those emails say ''noreply'' whereas this didn't so I went with it. Nevertheless I definitely now think that was the wrong one and probably won't get a reply. I believe I've now found the correct one to use [email protected].

Time for sleep now so I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Still haven't paid the customs on the second box, hard to bring myself to do that considering I know I've already overpaid. This second customs charge is actually what I might have paid for the entire order if it had been shipped in one box in the first place and declared correctly. 60 ****ing euro down and they want another 25. :gah:

I've emailed the address [email protected] by way of replying to one of their shipping notification emails to me regarding this particular order. Sometimes those emails say ''noreply'' whereas this didn't so I went with it. Nevertheless I definitely now think that was the wrong one and probably won't get a reply. I believe I've now found the correct one to use [email protected].

Time for sleep now so I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Still haven't paid the customs on the second box, hard to bring myself to do that considering I know I've already overpaid. This second customs charge is actually what I might have paid for the entire order if it had been shipped in one box in the first place and declared correctly. 60 ****ing euro down and they want another 25. :gah:

You can try the contact form on their site.

https://thenecastore.com/pages/contact-us
But they seem active on social media, especially Twitter. You can try that route if the email or contact form doesn’t work.

What a headache and a punch in the gut to be out so much money because of someone’s careless mistake.

You can try the contact form on their site.

https://thenecastore.com/pages/contact-us
But they seem active on social media, especially Twitter. You can try that route if the email or contact form doesn’t work.

What a headache and a punch in the gut to be out so much money because of someone’s careless mistake.
For some reason I can't find a contact form at all when I look at the site. Strange. Thanks for that link.

Yeah, it's a pain in the arse. I'd almost let it go to spare myself this nuisance except for the fact I'm expected to be pay yet more money to get the rest of the order - one damn set from a two set order.

Last edited:
Looks like the Antrax-Scumbag sets are starting to be delivered now. I saw a couple of people getting theirs on instagram. Hopefully they start showing up in Target soon.

Any chance someone ordered more than one of the mouser multi packs and is willing to part with one? Just saw them now and of course the preorder is done on Neca.

Managed to find a set of these guys for a decent price still packed in their original shipper box. That little custom made bubble wrap slip cover is pretty cool.

h9XJx2C.jpg

How much did you get it for?

I missed out but on the lookout for a loose/open set (since I'm going to unbox/display them anyway).

Back