TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the NECA releases that teaser for the Turtles from The Secret of the Ooze to me they look almost identical to the ones from the 1990 movie. I guess we’ll see when the actual product photos go up.

No those are definitely the tmnt 2 turtles. If you scroll close up you can tell. Donnie’s beak is more flat in the movies, Leo’s bandanna is brighter and they have wide eyes. A huge step down from the original suits. Definitely won’t be buying but I’m sure they’ll make cool figures .

Did anyone ever do a 1/6 scale splinter?
I made a custom Splinter to go with my Threezero turtles.
DSC-0150ed.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT!
This #turtletuesday at 11am (ET), thenecastore.com has army builders covered!
Our Deluxe Foot Soldier and all new Mouser Multipack will be available to pre-order until 1/4/22 with NO PURCHASE LIMIT. And as an additional holiday treat, enjoy our standard flat rate shipping no matter how many items in your order!
➖
* Mouser Multipack - $39.99
* Deluxe Foot Soldier - $32.99

Domestic and International. All sales final. Flat rate shipping on combines orders only. Purchases will ship once all items are in-stock.
➖
Based on the classic 1980s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series!
This Mouser Multipack will give you the ability to create epic battles with your 7" scale NECA TMNT figures. The army builder set includes 6 Mousers with interchangeable battle-damaged parts to customize them, plus the debut appearance of Shredder's Spybot, and as a bonus, extra scene building accessories like VHS tape, pizza slice, rats, and cheese wedge. The Mousers are an all-new sculpt based on the cartoon and feature multiple points of articulation. They can even be combined with the weapons from your Turtle figures! The rats are also compatible with the Rat King figure, so you can load him up with more of his loyal subjects.
➖
Shredder needs reinforcements to combat the Turtles! Enter the Deluxe Foot Soldier. Loaded with an arsenal of accessories to allocate among his comrades, this Foot Soldier comes with throwing stars, an ooze canister, 5 blasters, and 3 melee weapons, including a new sword and staff. Also packed in this Deluxe offering are 3 interchangeable heads, a fan, a police cap, and a communicator. Comes in window box packaging"
B1FD4569-7311-4F1C-BBD5-97DEEFD2F964.jpeg
2EED5804-F7EF-4811-8643-55691689234B.jpeg
C029A389-0635-4004-A20A-69F2317C7FF2.jpeg
9A52A30D-6F1E-4CD0-9D91-5836CA7D269B.jpeg

The ones with the outfits have the same dark color.
Yeah, but the heads were oversized and I didn't like the expressions. Plus I never would've used any of the stuff the set came with. I was contemplating getting it then selling off all the disguise accessories. But really wasn't happy with it. So I passed on the disguise set

I do have the original Leo 2pk that came with Shredder. I usually just buy Leonardo rather than a whole Turtles set (the only whole set I have is the original Neca comic Turtles that I still have carded and never opened). I have a bunch of different Leonardo's. But as time went on I decided if they did a reissue I'd buy the other 3.

I'm a very patient collector. :lol Maybe some day they will.

I'm a very patient collector. :lol Maybe some day they will.

Of course, they will. Neca are the kings of reissues. I actually prefer the heads from the disguise set. The OG heads look ok, but there's something about them that I didn't like. Maybe they were meant to look less cartoony? They just look different.

Of course, they will. Neca are the kings of reissues. I actually prefer the heads from the disguise set. The OG heads look ok, but there's something about them that I didn't like. Maybe they were meant to look less cartoony? They just look different.
Yeah, the disguise heads were definitely more goofy looking like the cartoon. I think that's why I didn't like them. The original heads expressions were a bit more serious looking.

I was never really a fan of the kiddy cartoon. I had/have all the original comics and was a fan and reading them before the cartoon ever came out. I even have an original sketch done by Kevin Eastman I got at a comic show. They went from more serious and violent to cutesy kiddy turtles..

I had a mint copy of the 1st printing of TMNT. Yes, the one with a print fun of only 3000 (I paid $50 for it shortly after it came out). In NM condition that would've easily been graded a 90+. But, I sold it (and a bunch of other valuable & rare comics) around after I graduated High School to buy a Motorcycle. It was only worth in the $300-$500 range back then. Damn, that's one of my biggest regrets as a collector. That along with selling my copy of a NM FF #48... :slap

With today's value of the comics I sold, instead of a motorcycle, I could've bought a brand new car. I stopped collecting comics in college and sold a bunch. I must say though, I got a lot more enjoyment from my motorcycle than I did having comics stored in bags in a long box..

Yeah, the disguise heads were definitely more goofy looking like the cartoon. I think that's why I didn't like them. The original heads expressions were a bit more serious looking.

I was never really a fan of the kiddy cartoon. I had/have all the original comics and was a fan and reading them before the cartoon ever came out. I even have an original sketch done by Kevin Eastman I got at a comic show. They went from more serious and violent to cutesy kiddy turtles..

I had a mint copy of the 1st printing of TMNT. Yes, the one with a print fun of only 3000 (I paid $50 for it shortly after it came out). In NM condition that would've easily been graded a 90+. But, I sold it (and a bunch of other valuable & rare comics) around after I graduated High School to buy a Motorcycle. It was only worth in the $300-$500 range back then. Damn, that's one of my biggest regrets as a collector. That along with selling my copy of a NM FF #48... :slap

With today's value of the comics I sold, instead of a motorcycle, I could've bought a brand new car. I stopped collecting comics in college and sold a bunch. I must say though, I got a lot more enjoyment from my motorcycle than I did having comics stored in bags in a long box..
Just to let you know, they will be releasing the Mirage comic versions soon, if you like those versions more.

Just to let you know, they will be releasing the Mirage comic versions soon, if you like those versions more.
I actually do have the 4 original carded (with the street stands) Neca comic turtles. Bought them when they came out at NYCC for $50 for the set of 4. They are still brand new and carded. I never got a chance to open them, and then the value went crazy and couldn't bring myself to ever open them. Almost bought the bootlegs a few times for an open set.

Yeah, I was hoping they would get back to them. I think I would buy a new set and still keep the originals sealed. Plus I do want a comic Shredder. I missed out on that SDCC 4pk set back when. Was hoping for a bootleg of him, but they're never seemed to be one.

I actually do have the 4 original carded (with the street stands) Neca comic turtles. Bought them when they came out at NYCC for $50 for the set of 4. They are still brand new and carded. I never got a chance to open them, and then the value went crazy and couldn't bring myself to ever open them. Almost bought the bootlegs a few times for an open set.

Yeah, I was hoping they would get back to them. I think I would buy a new set and still keep the originals sealed. Plus I do want a comic Shredder. I missed out on that SDCC 4pk set back when. Was hoping for a bootleg of him, but they're never seemed to be one.
I've got the Mirage Shredder and Foot Clan 4pk but no Mirage turtles. :lol

I passed on the bootleg set, and now I'm waiting for the new updated turtles.

Back