TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loot Crate is doing Donatello the Dark Turtle as an exclusive. Kind of a fun figure, but I don’t collect the animated line. Still I may be interested as it’s Turtles and Batman and looks kinda cool.

Edit: it’s for a Crate that’s already slated to come out and is sold out. :(
E4988796-2BE7-41AC-BF5C-BCA1489F23EF.jpeg

Yeah they sold out before the cutoff date too. Won’t be a completionist in this line since I missed both years of loot crate.

I like NECA and appreciate that they've been trying to make their mainline products more steadily available.

But with their acquisition of Loot Crate, I don't fully like how they've been using it as a platform to create a sense of artificial scarcity by hyping up the secondary market prices of the Loot Crate figures.

People that want them should be able to get them, and people should only want them because they do and not because of artificial hype or potential profit when flipped.

I got a shipping notice from Lootcrate, so should have Danny in tomorrow or the day after.

That Batman Donny is WAY better looking than I expected, I was just going to sell him but not now. We knew that was the figure but hadn't seen anything revealed before.

My tracking from FedEx for the Loot Crate with the Danny figure shows the label was created last Friday (September 10th), but doesn’t seem to have moved since. Kind of odd that it’s taking that long to move at all.

My tracking from FedEx for the Loot Crate with the Danny figure shows the label was created last Friday (September 10th), but doesn’t seem to have moved since. Kind of odd that it’s taking that long to move at all.
Yeah, I am in the same boat...

Neca, SHF or Playmates? I prefer them all, Curious to see if NECA will truly release a party wagon Lolol

Attachments

• 114076D5-8F79-4DE5-9067-60FCD640AD68.jpeg
    114076D5-8F79-4DE5-9067-60FCD640AD68.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 113
  • AC87ED18-35C0-416B-9361-070CF986D0BC.jpeg
    AC87ED18-35C0-416B-9361-070CF986D0BC.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 750FB188-C745-464A-9D59-4ED1DA874A30.jpeg
    750FB188-C745-464A-9D59-4ED1DA874A30.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 8F369C5E-CFDE-47FD-AB35-51F7024D5948.jpeg
    8F369C5E-CFDE-47FD-AB35-51F7024D5948.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 109
I like NECA and appreciate that they've been trying to make their mainline products more steadily available.

But with their acquisition of Loot Crate, I don't fully like how they've been using it as a platform to create a sense of artificial scarcity by hyping up the secondary market prices of the Loot Crate figures.

People that want them should be able to get them, and people should only want them because they do and not because of artificial hype or potential profit when flipped.
I have to agree. I’ve been a big fan and defender of NECA for years but I’m starting to get quite turned off by how they are releasing a number of these figures. It’s great that they are making some things available online, and I get they are a business needing to turn a profit and that there are licensing restrictions with what they can offer and how, but it’s all starting to feel a bit cynical to me at this point. I was all in on this line for quite a while, but once I decided I didn’t want to pay for $200 of worthless Loot Crate stuff just to get maybe one figure, I’ve been a lot more picky with all the retail stuff. Plus all the molding reuse and incessant variants (a NECA trademark, for sure), bundling figures with a second one that I don’t particularly want, and then what I’m still salty about with not being able to get the movie April in her yellow coat because I didn’t even check my social media feeds in time to know about it—it’s all just put a real sour taste in my mouth and I’m not sure how much farther I plan to go on this line. And of course the prices add up real fast. Anyway, I would guess that surely there are other collectors who like me are also buying fewer of the retail figures because they passed on or missed a ome of the exclusives and no longer have a completionist mentality, but it must not really put a dent in their overall sales I guess.

Finally scored the holy grail of the retro classic collection, Hello Don!!!! I forgotten how beautiful all four turtles in the retro packaging just look like

Attachments

• FCB69010-ED4E-4CC5-B3CD-099AE8A92A92.jpeg
    FCB69010-ED4E-4CC5-B3CD-099AE8A92A92.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 4B52A66B-F0C2-4ABF-B265-1BD9660AB342.jpeg
    4B52A66B-F0C2-4ABF-B265-1BD9660AB342.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 59
Finally scored the holy grail of the retro classic collection, Hello Don!!!! I forgotten how beautiful all four turtles in the retro packaging just look like
Though the card isn't identical to the original, the figures do look good on them. I still have my original set, though missing a few weapons. I'm now tempted to buy these four just for the weapons.

Those re-release Turtles figures are kinda cool. Definitely bring back memories. I had the Turtle Van, and also a bunch of the characters. Not sure if I had exactly the ones pictured or different versions, but I had Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, and a Foot Soldier. Also think I had Leonardo and Michelangelo, but I think my Donatello and Raphael were different.

I was debating whether to get these re-releases but due to space and budgetary considerations, decided to stick with the NECA and Super 7 lines (since I still have most of my old Playmates figures and vehicles, albeit in mostly below average condition from wear and tear).

As an adult collector, the other 2 TMNT lines appeal to me more now- the animated portrayal of NECA and the updated/hybrid look of Super 7.

I'm hoping Super 7 produces a Turtle Van - i know collectors griped about the price on the Thundertank but that would be another great addition. Seems like NECA is only focused on background diorama sets and not vehicles at the moment.

I kinda want that Super 7 Ace Duck. Wish the Super 7 figures weren’t so much, but they do come with a lot.

Actually that Sewer Surfer Michelangelo was a favorite of mine as a kid too.

Has anyone actually received their Danny Loot Crate or had their package even start moving yet? Got a tracking number 11 days ago but it still hasn't been given to FedEx.

s7 doing Scratch, Ace Duck, mousers, slash, and sewer surfer mikey.

E_uQnU8XsAEkYDN

E_uO5kFX0AY0sp7

E_uO5kJWUAAivbG

E_uO5kFXIAAM5zR

E_uO5kDWYAMy_au

Looks like a really fun wave! Scratch is something I wasn't even aware of as a kid, so don't have much nostalgia for him, and I never had Ace Duck either, but I'm picking them up. Glad for the Mousers pack too, so glad they're doing that. I've seen complaints they only included 2 mini turtles, I get that, may get either 2 packs or just buy the loose extra turtles later haha.

Has anyone actually received their Danny Loot Crate or had their package even start moving yet? Got a tracking number 11 days ago but it still hasn't been given to FedEx.

Same deal. No movement. I'm going on vacation in a little bit, I hope it doesn't ship while I'm gone lol.

Back