TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, there's a few sets on the bay but the price is a little higher. Glad I was able to score the set as this has totally resparked my interested in the Turtles. So thanks for the thread bro! :hi5: I hope they continue the line and give us some more figures to add to the gang. I'm sure they will, this has to be a huge hit.

I'm %90 sure Hot Toys will pick up the new movie license. How could they not? Now we all just have to have hope that the movie won't be a total disgrace, or at least the Turtles will have a cool design. I can't begin to imagine Hot Toys movie Turtles...... :horror That would be insanely amazing.

My pleasure buddy:1-1: I have checked ebay and I may cave in and get them from there but I'm holding out hope they will flood the market with them, I mean they should cause its a cash cow for playmates right now. They did the turtles justice and will be paid well for there work. I'm not sure but I heard the movie was put on hold for a new story due to the poor fan response so it may be awhile before we see it which sucks:( But yes a hot toys ninja turtles line would be epic. I too am hoping they continue the line for a long time as its really fun collecting these.

My pleasure buddy:1-1: I have checked ebay and I may cave in and get them from there but I'm holding out hope they will flood the market with them, I mean they should cause its a cash cow for playmates right now. They did the turtles justice and will be paid well for there work. I'm not sure but I heard the movie was put on hold for a new story due to the poor fan response so it may be awhile before we see it which sucks:( But yes a hot toys ninja turtles line would be epic. I too am hoping they continue the line for a long time as its really fun collecting these.

I had no clue they put the new movie on hold. What did they think classic turtle fans were going to fully embrace Bay turning them into aliens? :lol They should know any TMNT that doesn't stick the classic cartoon/movies is going to be hated, immensely. Oh well. Maybe Hot Toys will get the old school Movie license. I can dream right?

I had no clue they put the new movie on hold. What did they think classic turtle fans were going to fully embrace Bay turning them into aliens? :lol They should know any TMNT that doesn't stick the classic cartoon/movies is going to be hated, immensely. Oh well. Maybe Hot Toys will get the old school Movie license. I can dream right?

I think they could aways pick up the license from the first ninja turtle movie and make great figures out of those, I mean they do old movies all the time and a license like that would really take them to a whole new level, I would be down for those and the shredder would look cool to as he was not rediculus looking in that movie as he became in later movies. The first movie was as realistic as a movie about mutant turtle ninjas could be:lol

this in 1/6 would rock

0.jpg

I wonder if Hot Toys ever take suggestions seriously, there's huge potential for a line for these.

Cool pic viper:clap looks like shredders gunna need some foot soldiers for back up. I wonder if the new cartoon will have bebop and rocksteady, did you seen any of the clips of the cartoon on youtube yet, it looks pretty good. Its certainly aimed at kids but I think I could get into it, love the animation quality.

Just a heads up playmates has the new 2012 figures in stock including the classic line.
Just ordered classic Leon and I also have 2012 mikey and raph on the way. Already have 2012 leo and don. Really cool figures. Wish somone would get the damn 1992 movie license already. The look of the first flim figures were the best.

Just a heads up playmates has the new 2012 figures in stock including the classic line.
Just ordered classic Leon and I also have 2012 mikey and raph on the way. Already have 2012 leo and don. Really cool figures. Wish somone would get the damn 1992 movie license already. The look of the first flim figures were the best.

Does playmates sell directly, if so could you link it:)

Never mind I found it and thanks sooo much for the heads up buddy!!!

Last edited:
Bebop and Rocksteady have been canned in favour of Fishface and that other dog like thing. And the reason bebop and rocksteady have been fazed out over the years is due to strong Afro references depicted through the 2 henchmen 'bebop' and 'rocksteady' are the names of 2 music styles of African decent. Rocksteady was a white, but turns into a Rhino which is african. Anyway whatever the truth may be doesn't matter. cause if enough people see it as racism then that 's reason enough for companies to shy away from such characters. I myself would have liked to see the 2 bozoz come back but whatever.

OH brother, thats so lame:monkey4 Some people see race where ever they go, even from a kids cartoon about mutant animals:dunno I mean look the turtles them selfs are named after italian artists and whatnot and you don't see Italians in an up roar or shredder being japanise is not an issue. Oh well whatever:pfft:

So a white guy turned into an african animal is racist these days huh:(

Well if you remember correctly the Turtles are the good guys and put in a good spot light hence the reason why Italians are not complaining. whereas bebop and rocksteady are not only named exactly after african descented music styles but are depicted as dumb dim witted animals of african decent. Shedder is Japanese but so is master splinter + asians tend to not complain as much.

Yeah whatever dude, Its a cartoon and I not gunna cry about it. I'm not upset rocksteady and bebop are not in it just a little confused as to why playing the race card at this time makes sence as the cartoon ran with them in it forever. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to get how a white guy being turned into an african animal is racsist, but I did not know that rocksteady is african music style ether. In any event I'm just glad that these tmnt toys are on store shelfs again and have no interest in debating race issues about mutant animals cause I'm sure its heading in a direction no one wants to go.

Last edited:
Cool pic viper:clap looks like shredders gunna need some foot soldiers for back up. I wonder if the new cartoon will have bebop and rocksteady, did you seen any of the clips of the cartoon on youtube yet, it looks pretty good. Its certainly aimed at kids but I think I could get into it, love the animation quality.

:hi5: Thanks man!! I love posing these guys so much cuz they're not so restricted and I love the scale of these figures as well. I finally made room for them as u can tell with the vintage TMNT bandana I used as a floor mat. I think they look waaaaayyyy better than the new classic ones IMHO. Classic ones are kind too tall and they got that beady eyes which I don't like. The nick ones look meaner and cuter I guess u can say with the way they turned out. :)

:hi5: Thanks man!! I love posing these guys so much cuz they're not so restricted and I love the scale of these figures as well. I finally made room for them as u can tell with the vintage TMNT bandana I used as a floor mat. I think they look waaaaayyyy better than the new classic ones IMHO. Classic ones are kind too tall and they got that beady eyes which I don't like. The nick ones look meaner and cuter I guess u can say with the way they turned out. :)

:hi5: I did notice the bandana and I have to argee with you too on the new design, I love it. I like how the look like they mixed the comic with the cartoon, I like the bulky feet and wrists as it looks more turtle like and the three toe thing is cool wit me. I also like that the color for each turtle is only on the headbands too. These new designs are better than the original one but I still have a place in my collection for both:)

Yeah whatever dude, Its a cartoon and I not gunna cry about it. I'm not upset rocksteady and bebop are not in it just a little confused as to why playing the race card at this time makes sence as the cartoon ran with them in it forever. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to get how a white guy being turned into an african animal is racsist, but I did not know that rocksteady is african music style ether. In any event I'm just glad that these tmnt toys are on store shelfs again and have no interest in debating race issues about mutant animals cause I'm sure its heading in a direction no one wants to go.

:goodpost::exactly: Let's see some more photos instead, shall we?? Anyone besides me and Skull that got the new figures would like to post up pics of their own??? I'm going to post some more later when I get off work. :wink1:

I got em. Can't post pics til later. Tried the ol Target trick at one of em, and got turned away. Went to the next and got zero problems. Walked out the front door with all 4.

Back