Titans Star Trek busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matner77

Super Freak
Reaction score
These pics are from https://www.cooltoyreview.com/
I must say I'm really luvin these maxibust from Titan. I wasn't originally sold on the first two Dr Who busts, especially Amy Pond. Which is on show again at SDCC 12, but still has a poor paint app imo.
However I do have the Van Helsing & Dracula busts & they are wonderful. Some of my favourite pieces in my collection. Great sculpts & paint work especially for "low end priced" collectibles...if you want them..buy them.
The Trek line seems very strong to. I have Kirk, Spock & McCoy on preorder. Shatner's Kirk isn't quite there but it is one of the strongest likenesses I've seen.
But the new Uhura & Scotty busts have blown me away. They have captured Nichelle Nichols & James Doohan perfectly, right down I believe to Doohan's missing finger

kirk.png

Uhura1.png

uhura.png

scotty.png

worf.png

1.png

drwho1.png

Wow they really nailed Scotty and Uhura! Kirk and Worf not so much. More money out of the wallet.

Incase you guys haven't seen the others. Here's Spock, McCoy & Khan.
It's good to see the characters with other equiment as well as the usual tricorder, phaser & commuincater

14.png

12.png

1323.png

56.png

145.png

Never seen anything that has properly captured Shatner's likeness. Sideshow's premium format Kirk wasn't too great either.I've just noticed they've missed McCoys pinkie ring on his left hand

I'll get mine from Forbidden Planet in the UK. They are £50.
I'm very pleased with my Hammer Horror busts. I've wanted a good likeness of Lee & Cushing in their iconic roles for years

These look really nice, BUT... the stands I dont like. If you look at them a certain way, it looks like they have tiny legs.

While the bases are terrible the sculpts are fantastic with the exception of Kirk. Also good to see something other than Kirk, Spock, McCoy. Looks like I'm going to start picking these up. It would be great to finally have a line of Star Trek busts reflecting the Bridge & Station crews from all five series, plus iconic aliens.

My kingdom for someday someone being able to nail the Kirk likeness. It seems to be a mountain in sculpting that many a talented artist has stumbled and fallen on.

The other (original series) Trek pieces look great though. The Hartnell Doctor is pretty good too. Not perfect, but still pretty good.

I'm hoping the line will be successful enough to get to Chekov & Sulu. After that maybe a Klingon, Romulan & the Gorn
I wonder if Titan plan to branch out into TWOK crew? With Khan being portrayed from the movie rather than the series?

I just found out about these, and I'll have to say, they look fantastic. But as some others have mentioned, the way they did the bases leaves a lot to be desired. The whole idea of a "bust" that includes practically the entire body is questionable to begin with, but then they go and use bases that almost look like stubby little legs? Very odd choice. I already have most of the Sideshow Trek busts, but I might consider these. There's such a dearth of quality Trek merchandise.

My Kirk arrived today & I'm very pleased with it. The paint app is excellent, the uniform fabric has definition to it. The phaser & commuincator have great detail & they have captured Shatner's likeness pretty well. The base now has a felt lining unlike to earlier Dr who & Hammer maxi bust. I'm really looking forward to rest of the original crew & I may nab the Next Gen cast too.

SAM_1780.jpg

SAM_1781.jpg

SAM_1787.jpg

SAM_1795.jpg

Back