Thunder Toys Valkyrie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestion bmendez that worked!! I ordered Valkyrie and Black Manta (Black Soldier). I really like OSK, they are great!
Sweet! Glad I could help! I'm looking forward to Valkyrie. It's not perfect, but looks good to me.

Sweet! Glad I could help! I'm looking forward to Valkyrie. It's not perfect, but looks good to me.
Yes, you helping me out here is another example of how cool and supportive the community on this forum can be!

And yeah this figure has a questionable head sculpt but frankly I don’t think it is bad, maybe just not as close in likeness as it could be. But I really love this outfit, so if at some point another headsculpt comes along that I like better I will get it. But in the meantime, I will be grateful that I got this figure, as I doubt at this point that Hot Toys will produce this version of Valkyrie so it is great that another company stepped in.

Thanks again!

Valkyrie needs her own disney + show. She is far more interesting to me than kate bishop/hawkeye, ms marvel, and moon knight.

Valkyrie needs her own disney + show. She is far more interesting to me than kate bishop/hawkeye, ms marvel, and moon knight.
Yeah I would definitely watch a Valkyrie show, I think she is interesting and I would like to know what happened to her between the time Hela defeated the Valkyries and the events in Ragnarok.

She definitely deserves a hell of a lot more love than what ah… um… ahem… Love and Thunder showed her.

Thankfully my girl Tessa is smashing it in Westworld S4 :)

I agree with both of you! I definitely wish Valkyrie had more screen time but unfortunately that was an issue for every character who wasn’t Thor imo, but really loved the story that was told.

I will say, on the topic of this figure, I much prefer this look to her Love and Thunder look. Anyone picking this up will likely have the definitive version of her even if HT make a Love and Thunder one.

Last edited:
I hope a L&T Valkyrie is in the works. I preferred that look to Ragnarok Scrapper. However this is my favorite costume overall. I’m still considering ordering a second, but waiting to see if another version comes down the pipeline.

Valkyrie showed up today. Outfit is pretty decent/accurate. Head sculpt looks better in person than I expected.

This is 10min out of the box with minimal futzing.

20230507_132331.jpg

Whoa, not feeling that head sculpt. Hopefully there will be some better 3rd party versions released, otherwise I’ll have to get the HT sculpt when it’s available, even with the hair not being accurate to Ragnarok.

Whoa, not feeling that head sculpt. Hopefully there will be some better 3rd party versions released, otherwise I’ll have to get the HT sculpt when it’s available, even with the hair not being accurate to Ragnarok.
That’s exactly my plan.
Even though the sculpt is off I like the costume a lot. The shoulder pads and thigh armor are a bit smaller than on screen but overall I think her outfit is cooler and more visually interesting than her Scrapper look and her L&T outfit

It looks ok here, I'm happy I kept my order. I had extremely low expectations so maybe that's why I'm ok with the final product lol. There's a paint downgrade but even HT does that so no surprise lol. Still getting the HT version, but I doubt we'll ever see another figure of this outfit.

It looks ok here, I'm happy I kept my order. I had extremely low expectations so maybe that's why I'm ok with the final product lol. There's a paint downgrade but even HT does that so no surprise lol.
Yeah, but HT downgrade in production still looks better than most 3rd party prototypes imo :lecture

Yeah, but HT downgrade in production still looks better than most 3rd party prototypes imo :lecture
Oh yeah I agree, I guess I meant that paint downgrades are routine so I was more worried how terrible the sculpt would look lol, it's not great but I've seen worse and I'm ok with it, and it's unique so I don't want to miss it. I do wish more third-parties could catch up to HT paint though, Soosoo does pretty good sometimes but they're definitely an exception.

Back