1/6 ThreeZero The Walking Dead Maggie Greene 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recent Carol and Rick got me relooking at what TWD figures I slacked up on picking up. From what I can tell they never did actually go through with Maggie. I guess they really took the likeness criticism to heart. Maybe they’re reworking her? Seems odd to get to the photo shoot stage and then not put her up for order otherwise.

New pic. Looks like she's been reworked. Hoping a new Negan is coming.
20211115_215329.jpg

Yeah, definitely a better likeness now. Props to Threezero for taking the time to actually improve this, especially considering it’s a license most people aren’t super interested in anymore.

That is a big improvement. I might actually get her just to go with Glenn. Still really annoyed Glenn didn't get his riot gear look.

I'm also more interested in Maggie than I would have otherwise been for completion purposes now that Sheriff Rick is finally on the way. But I already skipped Carl so I would probably need to get him too.

I got Maggie in a few days ago.

2023-03-04 21.16.10.jpg

2023-03-04 21.16.27.jpg

2023-03-04 21.16.18.jpg

What can I say about Maggie? Let's start with some positives!

The costume and body proportions are pretty good.
I haven't futzed with the outfit yet, so these images are just out of the box.
As usual with Threezero, the weathering, while minimal, is pretty good.
It's interesting that the wrinkles around her knees are actually stitched in.
The boots are fairly soft, so the ankles are actually still usable despite the boots being one piece - I appreciate that!
Her body is thankfully less scrawny than so many females, with some decent legs and proportions and scaling is good.

The head sculpt is, let's say serviceable. There's definitely a likeness but the blank expression hurts it. For example, S1 Rick has some furrowing to his brow, and some tensioning to his eyes, and the eyes themselves are ever-so-slightly angled upwards giving him some clear, but subtle emotion. Maggie just looks blank - even some slightly open lips as shown in both box photos would help. And the bane of Threezero female figures strikes again because the paintwork is very soft. Yeah, it's clean, but it's so minimal that it does nothing to add any life to the sculpt. I'm a firm believer in the power of good paint to enhance a good sculpt while weak paint can bring a sculpt down, which I think is happening here.

My biggest frustration? The hair. It's solid and almost entirely inflexible. So she's basically stuck looking straight ahead - or over her shoulder.
She's actually so close to being a really good figure. Maybe I need more Walking Dead figures? I think she'd be a really solid part of a group, especially standing with Glenn.

I think you sell the figure well. She looks better than what was advertised. All your positives as well as your negatives are apparent in your pics. Based on your pics I'm amazed at how well I like the flow of the outfit on that body.

If I could get a later season Rick along with Daryl, Glenn, and Carl I’d get this. At the moment though with just season one Rick available it would be weird to display Maggie.

I think the likeness is there, it's just really soft. I'll pick it up with Carol next time sideshow has a good deal, lol.

If previous Threezero figures from The Walking Dead are any indicator I think this will be around for a bit and probably will get discounted eventually.

Not liking the head . The hair is not lookin to good. Clothes and shape are great . Need a new head . Don’t get it .
8EED79F9-E457-458D-B361-7695854B7AA4.jpeg
696B82D9-0ACF-4F44-9D34-350D61227C1B.jpeg

You know, Carol turned out pretty good. But, JFC-on-a-crutch Threezero sucks at women. WTF is the problem with these morons. Are they using the same crappy factory for their female figures that Star Ace uses.

Back