THREEZERO Terminator: Dark Fate T-800 1/12 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We seem destined to never get a Terminator with more extensive battle-damage than T2 (unless you count a pure endoskeleton as a fully defleshed T1). But no T3 BD and no Dark Fate BD - both of whom had messy defleshings that'd make pretty cool figures despite the unpopularity of the movies.

I dunno. I guess I don't blame companies for not taking the chance considering how Terminator has fallen, with each new movie being more disliked than the last and probably not winning any new fans.

It's just a pity for those of us who - where it concerns toys - don't care if the source material sucks as long as it looks cool and would make a hyper-detailed Terminator figure.

Watched Dark Fate again, loved it as much as I did in the cinema. I would have gotten Carl, Sarah and the Rev 9.

****ing Hot Toys.

I can definitely see Threezero or Damtoys taking over and making 1/6 Terminator figures down the line.

Hey, first time on this website. I've been a lurker for a while. I'm working on a custom Carl as well. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Bane jacket from? I've been looking all over and I can't it separately.

Hello. To be honest, I couldn't find one separately. I actually did 'find' one on eBay, but it had been sold a few hours after it had been put up...and I'd been checking for weeks too, so I was quite annoyed at the opportunity I missed! That particular model, by Daftoys (Bane Stock Market version) is hard to find, but I did end up finding one on Sugotoys.com, based in Australia. They were offering the model with a Phicen M34 and the price was decent, so I took it. The jacket is on my custom Carl now, and I might end up displaying the Bane without the jacket and get myself a Bale Batman to compliment it. If not, and if I find the same jacket online, I'll buy that and put the Bane up for sale. It's in demand so I'm pretty sure it'll sell.

GWd1YYr.jpg

Really at this point the franchise is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. To be honest, I couldn't find one separately. I actually did 'find' one on eBay, but it had been sold a few hours after it had been put up...and I'd been checking for weeks too, so I was quite annoyed at the opportunity I missed! That particular model, by Daftoys (Bane Stock Market version) is hard to find, but I did end up finding one on Sugotoys.com, based in Australia. They were offering the model with a Phicen M34 and the price was decent, so I took it. The jacket is on my custom Carl now, and I might end up displaying the Bane without the jacket and get myself a Bale Batman to compliment it. If not, and if I find the same jacket online, I'll buy that and put the Bane up for sale. It's in demand so I'm pretty sure it'll sell.

GWd1YYr.jpg

Hey! Thanks for getting back at me! Your Arnold looks great! I love the jacket and the base stand you got! I've been eyeing that stand for a while now.

I ended up finding a listing on eBay for a jacket similar to the Bane one. I don't know if this will fit a True Type TM20 body.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BELLSTAFF-T...OT-TOYS-BANE-1-6-Scale-Accessory/303545164999

I think that jacket belonged to the I am Legend figure? I dunno if I wanna spend the cash on that and find out it doesn't fit.

This is what I ended up putting together.
https://www.reddit.com/r/onesixthwarriors/comments/i1fuy7/working_on_16_carl_t_800_from_dark_fate/

I got some photos in there of the battle damaged head if you wanted to see a close up of it. There is some extra blood smearing on the cheek that isn't present in the description photo.

I ended up finding a listing on eBay for a jacket similar to the Bane one. I don't know if this will fit a True Type TM20 body.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BELLSTAFF-T...OT-TOYS-BANE-1-6-Scale-Accessory/303545164999

I think that jacket belonged to the I am Legend figure? I dunno if I wanna spend the cash on that and find out it doesn't fit.

This is what I ended up putting together.
https://www.reddit.com/r/onesixthwarriors/comments/i1fuy7/working_on_16_carl_t_800_from_dark_fate/

I got some photos in there of the battle damaged head if you wanted to see a close up of it. There is some extra blood smearing on the cheek that isn't present in the description photo.

Looks very nice!

You could always ask if the jacket fits a 1/6 scale muscle body.

I can't message the seller =/

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

So I tried to purchase it either way, and it the seller won't ship to Canada.

I lose!

So uh...is this ThreeZero figure actually going to be released this month? They've been pushing it back since August...

Anybody receive their goods finally? Mine came in today. I'm impressed with the head sculpt but I really don't like how saggy the jeans are.

edit: I bought Carl.

Quick Review:

Pros: Articulation is great despite the restrictions the jacket presents. It comes with a bunch of hands I'll never use, machine gun is screen accurate.

IMO the head is the best sculpted Carl head across NECA, Jintoy and Slideshow statue. They got the colour of the beard right, the way they sculpted Carl's hair is accurate to the movie, the way it fades into a grey/white and the thinness in the back is accurate. The only thing I can fault it for (and it may be an paint error) is that the scar isn't accurate. If 3Zero sold this head separately in 1/6 scale I would pick it up for my Carl customs.

Everything about the clothing is accurate. Jeans are screen accurate, the jacket (despite not being leather) is screen accurate, the shoes are right and so is the shirt.

Cons: Just some minor annoyances: It comes with the machine gun and a shotgun. Carl never uses the shotgun in the movie. He uses the machine gun and a Grenade Launcher.

The shirt collar is a little to high up the neck.

The big cheese: 3Zero states that the figure is 7 inches on their website and it sure as hell isn't. Its 6 inches at best, so I can only imagine how small Sarah is.

The jacket needs adjusting when posing, it doesn't completely hinder the articulation but its something you need to manage. What's worse though are the jeans. I hate the jeans. While it does look accurate to Arnold's proportions in the movie, they sag too much and they slip down while posing. You're literally fighting and adjusting the jeans as you try to get the figure into any dynamic poses.

Final verdict:
2.5 to 3/5 depending on my mood. The fact that they said 7 inches and its closer to 6 really cheeses me. I think most of my grievances would have been swept away if it was 7" cause I'd like to believe that the clothes would sit better on the body. I love the sculpt, the clothes are screen accurate and if 3Zero made this in 1/6 scale, I think it would be the perfect non battle damaged Carl on the market (as if they are any competing products lol). Its weird because they released a 1/6 scale Rambo III figure so I don't understand why they didn't give the DF line that treatment.

I hope this figure sells well enough to get a 1/6 scale Carl but I don't believe that is going to happen. However, I would risk having to wait another year and a half (almost) if they made a 1/6 scale Carl.

EDIT: PHOTOS

20210426_074426.jpg

20210426_074502.jpg
20210426_074613.jpg

20210426_075236.jpg

20210426_074625.jpg

20210426_074847.jpg

20210426_074914.jpg

20210426_075129.jpg

=P I'll try to get some pics today. I don't think my cam is gonna do my 'best Carl sculpt despite its size' statement justice.

EDIT: Pictures are up on my previous post. Eventually I'll do a head-by-head comparison between 3Zero, NECA and JinToy after I move. Everything else is packed away atm. The more I mess around with it, the more it grows on me. The last photo in particular and one of the close up on the heads bumped it up for me. I think I can comfortably say a solid 3 to a 3.5 out of 5. Its just nearly there for a 4 but the height knocks it down for me. The the height and the pants irks me the most.

I love the head sculpt, if they upscaled it to 1/6th and gave it more finer detailing and wrinkles...and fixed up the scar, it would be perfect for customs.

Back