threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had such high hopes for this line. Such a bummer that they have mishandled it so badly.
Yep very disappointed that we only have 4 characters after so much time. I am waiting to get Firefly in. He looks great to me so I was hoping they were going more traditional in the looks after how well Firefly looks. I wanted some characters not yet done like Mutt and Junkyard.

I don’t care for this guy’s reviews but it’s the only unboxing and review we have so far. Looking at the wrist pegs I would almost guess that they are using a DamToys/Virtual Toys body on this figure instead of one of their typical bodies.

Unboxing:

Review:

Last edited:
He looks good. I'll keep my order. The body seems like great quality with it being able to hold poses and much better than Sideshow's Cobras and TZ Storm Shadow. I really hope TZ focuess on a Cobra line of heavy hitters. Baroness and Destro would sell for sure and Cobra Commander and Zartan. Would lobe a Viper and Crimson Guard too but that's a tall order, I know. Not sure TZ could do great work on the Joes. Both TZ Firefly and Roadblock look well into their 50 and they should look more in their 30s or 40s. I hope this isn't the end of their Joe line but Firefly will look great with Sideshow's Cobra team which I'm glad for

Pics of Firefly from the same reviewer. Seems to be the only reviewer to get him, at least so far. Guess no one else is chomping at the bit to review this guy. Maybe it’s the perspective, but he’s looking a little short next to Snake Eyes.

IMG_9424.jpeg
IMG_9435.jpeg
IMG_9436.jpeg
IMG_9437.jpeg
IMG_9434.jpeg

Pics of Firefly from the same reviewer. Seems to be the only reviewer to get him, at least so far. Guess no one else is chomping at the bit to review this guy. Maybe it’s the perspective, but he’s looking a little short next to Snake Eyes.
Yes, something must be off via the P.O.V. because in hand, Roadblock is taller than Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow and here he appears not to be.

Yes, something must be off via the P.O.V. because in hand, Roadblock is taller than Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow and here he appears not to be.
Someone posted him on Reddit I forget if it was under gi joe or action figures or Hot Toys but he looked fantastic. This vid reviewer from YT shot him from terrible angles and throws on the goggles for nearly the whole video. Still, grateful he did the videos but he could've shown the face and shot him without distortion. He also said the bandolier had little detail but dude clearly didn't realize he's supposed to put the three grenades on the bandolier. BTW The Reddit picks of Firefly TZ looked great and he looks great with the Sideshow Cobra team

Aside from that, no one has him in stock yet which is why no other reviews. TZ needs to hurry up and ship him. Been waiting 13 months for a 1/6... crazy. And where are the hot ladies like Baroness and Lady Jaye? And dear TZ please stop making your men look 60 years old. No offense to older people, make a few older like Bludd, Mindbender etc but Firefly and Roadblock look 55... they should be 35-45 tops. Plenty of older characters to do but man, if you do the ladies, make them young and beautiful lol smh

Last edited:
Anyone complaining about how old Roadblock looks has obviously never spent much time around career military guys. Everyone knows service ages you in dog years. :ROFLMAO:
All good. I'm in my 40's myself, so nothing against getting older but I'm going by how Roadblock should look from the comics and arah cartoon. Also, we met his relatives who were like in their 60s or 70's in the arah show. He should look 30's to 40s at most. The Mezco sculpt did him a little better but I prefer 1/6 in collecting. Anyway, it's fine. I'm only buying Firefly and will grab Cobra members if TZ they make more. Glad people like Roadblock, he looks good just a bit mature but all good like I said

I gotta admit, I wasn't too keen on Firefly from the prototype pictures, but this actually improved after production, a rarity in this hobby. It's the best of the Threezero Joe Figures. I'm just waiting for them to show their Lady Jaye and Scarlett before I'll give them another look.

I gotta admit, I wasn't too keen on Firefly from the prototype pictures, but this actually improved after production, a rarity in this hobby. It's the best of the Threezero Joe Figures. I'm just waiting for them to show their Lady Jaye and Scarlett before I'll give them another look.

Yeah.....I wouldn't hold my breath for these 2. 3Z has no announcement of any kind except that Lady Jaye concept art. And since there isn't even a prototype available, we are easily well over a year before we see their next figure....if it even gets made at all.

Really wish 3Z would just give up the license to someone else who actually cares about these characters.
Then again, most companies are now in the 2 years delay range (SooSoo Toys Homelander, LimToys TLOU 1/12, Play Toy Alita, all of Hot Toys, etc)

TZ Firefly looks awesome. It would be great if TZ would give us a few more updated Cobra members imo. Would love an updated gorgeous Baroness (I'd also keep the Sideshow Baroness) and a new Commander would be great. TZ Firefly is the same height as Sideshow's old Firefly. Just ever slightly shorter than Cobra Commander and about the same height as Baroness. I know people want secondary characters but the TZ Cobra/Joe line won't go any further if people don't buy the A-listers. Here's hoping we get an updated TZ Commander, Baroness, Destro or Zartan soon...

Attachments

• ff3.jpg
    ff3.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ff2.jpg
    ff2.jpg
    832 KB · Views: 0
  • ff1.jpg
    ff1.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 0
Nope, no rubber underneath that I feel and TZ Firefly is a much better quality body than Sideshow. He poses better too. The Sideshow outfits were easily damaged by posing. This guy is fragile too obviously but not nearly as much as Sideshow. They look good together, TZ Firefly body is better though, But the Sideshow Cobra's are still awesome too. I'd also keep my Sideshow's if TZ made a new Cobra team. I didn't buy Roadblock or Storm Shadow but Firefly is a keeper even as a stand alone piece.

Attachments

• ff4.jpg
    ff4.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back