threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting on Firefly. I really wanted threezero to go deep in the Joe line. I still want a Scarlett, Cobra Commander, Mutt and Junkyard, Destro and many others. Too bad they seem pretty much done.

While I'm also not too optimistic about the longevity of this line, I think we also have to remember how slow 3Z tends to be sometimes. Their Walking Dead line is a prime example. Every time you think they've quit on it, they pop up with a new figure. It's painstakingly slow, but they're still making figures. That could be the case here. Of course, those of us who have been starved for some new 1/6 Gi Joe figures want them yesterday; but this line, like others, could just be on the back burner and we'll get figures when we get them.

That said, I still have my 3Z Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes as for some odd reason I just couldn't give up and part with them just yet. So, I'm still looking forward to seeing how FireFly comes out.

Last edited:
I hope that Lady Jaye is hit out of the park and has little to no of all the plasticky B.S. that's littered all over the other figures. I REALLY wanted to like these but I dont know that I can abide them sadly. What's worse is that these are some of my favorite Joes...

I hope that Lady Jaye is hit out of the park and has little to no of all the plasticky B.S. that's littered all over the other figures. I REALLY wanted to like these but I dont know that I can abide them sadly. What's worse is that these are some of my favorite Joes...
The fact that they made Roadblock look 60 plus years old tells me they have no idea what to do with this line. Talk about killing a line before it starts. Make a comic accurate Cobra Commander or super hot looking Baroness and they'd sell like hot cakes. Get rid of the crap plastic vests and chests. The only character that should have a hard shell vest is Baroness and everything else should be fabric. TZ will probably make Lady Jaye look like an unattractive 50 something and hope for great sales. I'm done with Threezero. They're letting this line die so F them. Firefly would have looked great with a new updated TZ Baroness and TZ Cobra Commander but these idiots can't be bothered to make new items. I highly doubt you'll ever get a hot looking female from TZ smh

Got a delay notice on Firefly. I was really hoping for more figures from this line since I have been a Joe fan since the 80's. Be nice to see some more figure announced. I really like the look of the Firefly figure and he could be my favorite from Threezero. Hope they are not done with the license.

I just cancelled my BBTS Firefly preorder the other day. Just can't get myself excited about any of these.
Don't blame you. If TZ has nothing for Cobra 1/6 at their April reveal show later this month, I'm cancelling Firefly too. Like, WTF are Baroness and Destro and yet TZ will release 5 new random anime figures a month. I hope Hasbro pulls the license because TZ has done nothing with it.

I understand they want sales so stop with the crap plastic clothes and release a couple heavy hitters like Baroness and Destro or Lady Jaye with awesome and accurate designs like TZ Firefy. Sorry, but no new Gi Joe.Cobra figures for a year and a half and nothing on order after Firefly...? And Joe fans buy when the designs are great and accurate. I've passed on Roadblock, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes. Firefly was the first one they got right and then they stop. SMH. Well, I don;t need one lonely TZ figure without other Cobra members

Can someone else get this license please ?
It's obvious ThreeZero has no interest in this line.

Still say they shot themselves in the foot with the plastic torso on Storm Shadow and by releasing Snaye Eyes and Storm shadow first; like most other companies did and do.

There are enough heavy hitters in the Joe line to get a great impact. Thinking of Destro, who was botched by Sideshow and basically was the last nail in that coffin. For the Joes; Scarlet would've certainly turned a few heads if done right.

Yea, the plastic torso really killed Storm Shadow for me. The forearm guards and boot sleeves are simple enough that they could've also been made of soft goods rather than plastic. It's such a good design that it makes it worse that the execution of that design is so bad.

Yea, the plastic torso really killed Storm Shadow for me. The forearm guards and boot sleeves are simple enough that they could've also been made of soft goods rather than plastic. It's such a good design that it makes it worse that the execution of that design is so bad.
Agree 100%

This design looks so good. If only if the figure looked just as good. I don't mind the plastic belts and such, but the clothing really should've been handled better. Not sure why they didn't just do the top like the Snake Eyes shirt and screen print it the design
359788-1639918821033.png

I've passed on Roadblock, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes.
I picked them up and wish I hadn't. They're too middle of the road to be special. If you're going to use that much plastic, then go 100% plastic jumbo action figures. If you're going to use mixed media, then make it realistic but you have to capture the core of each character. And for effing sake, they have to have great articulation, which they don't compared to most modern figures in this scale. They all fell 'off' in person. I'm done with this line.

Totally agree with everything you all have said in the last few posts. I've decided to still get TZ Firefly because he looks good and was done right. Hate the kneepads on him and the guns look cheap/dated/terrible but easy fixes on him. Every time I try to convince myself to pull the trigger on TZ Storm Shadow, my critical thinking says "don't do it." Beautiful design ruined by that ugly plastic chest. Sixth scale needs fabric and Firefly is the only one worth grabbing if the in hand looks like proto. He'll look good with my Sideshwo Baroness and Commander. TZ could've made a great Destro or other heavy hitter but I agree, they've abandoned a line that failed due to their poor choice of materials. It's not like they don't know how to do proper sixth scale. Some of their other lined look fanstastic so why did they F over Gi Joe. SMH. We got ONE decent looking figure... Firefly

Totally agree with everything you all have said in the last few posts. I've decided to still get TZ Firefly because he looks good and was done right. Hate the kneepads on him and the guns look cheap/dated/terrible but easy fixes on him. Every time I try to convince myself to pull the trigger on TZ Storm Shadow, my critical thinking says "don't do it." Beautiful design ruined by that ugly plastic chest. Sixth scale needs fabric and Firefly is the only one worth grabbing if the in hand looks like proto. He'll look good with my Sideshwo Baroness and Commander. TZ could've made a great Destro or other heavy hitter but I agree, they've abandoned a line that failed due to their poor choice of materials. It's not like they don't know how to do proper sixth scale. Some of their other lined look fanstastic so why did they F over Gi Joe. SMH. We got ONE decent looking figure... Firefly

I think the better question is...why did they even request to get this license;
Did they want to make figures or prevent someone else from making them ?

I bought SE and SS. Skipped on Roadblock because I prefer his original look. Firefly looks great. Fully agree.
But honestly, I regret investing in this line but can't part with them yet.

Had Super7 released their cartoon-inspired line sooner, most likely would never have bought the TZ stuff and just stay happy with my Sideshows.

I think the better question is...why did they even request to get this license;
Did they want to make figures or prevent someone else from making them ?

I bought SE and SS. Skipped on Roadblock because I prefer his original look. Firefly looks great. Fully agree.
But honestly, I regret investing in this line but can't part with them yet.

Had Super7 released their cartoon-inspired line sooner, most likely would never have bought the TZ stuff and just stay happy with my Sideshows.
that's definitely me. I haven't been able to part with mine just yet either. I want to like them and the line so badly no matter how much I complain about the Storm Shadow plastic chest. I guess I just worry that the moment I sell them, they'll announce someone else that I really want :lol Just like how they still slowly trickle out a new Walking Dead figure whenever they feel like it.

I've put my SE and SS up for sale and will move my GI Joe collection over to Mezco as they seem committed to actually releasing figures with 4 scheduled to come out this year.

that's definitely me. I haven't been able to part with mine just yet either. I want to like them and the line so badly no matter how much I complain about the Storm Shadow plastic chest. I guess I just worry that the moment I sell them, they'll announce someone else that I really want :lol Just like how they still slowly trickle out a new Walking Dead figure whenever they feel like it.
TZ Storm Shadow does look great next to Sideshow Baroness. There's a guy that did a Youtube video showing them together at the end of his TZ Storm Shadow review. Though I didn't grab him, I'm hoping in-hand TZ Firefly will look great next to my SS Baroness. I've sold and re-bought a lot of my Sideshow Joes over the years, so I get it. I feel like they're keepers and I understand wanting to hold onto a Joe line. At least TZ Joes will look decent with Sideshow's, depending on character

Back