Threezero - GI Joe Snake Eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed again! :hi5: Flint is my favorite Joe, and I've always wanted a better sculpt for him. I haven't gotten around to repainting mine yet but who knows, maybe I won't even have to if ThreeZero does a good enough job if/when they get to him. Unfortunately, they're notorious for slow releases. I mean Walking Dead could be an incredible line, but they're so slow at getting characters out. They've done a better job with GoT though, I'll give them that. If it's not too weird to say, I've always thought Flint and Lady Jaye were like the "good looking" couple, but unfortunately SS made Flint look a bit brutish. And they made Duke look like Duke Nukem instead of RAH Duke.
This is the did or bbi sculpt I found for duke. I love it. But yah those two looked odd. I really wanted a jinx scarlet lady jaye and cover girl
5c537d99e2f5ef5811eccfb7a085b780.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is the did or bbi sculpt I found for duke. I love it. But yah those two looked odd. I really wanted a jinx scarlet lady jaye and cover girl
5c537d99e2f5ef5811eccfb7a085b780.jpg

That is a nice sculpt for Duke. I do want a better one for Flint myself. He is my favorite Joe.

" redesigned by Threezero as inspired by Hasbro’s retro G.I. Joe characters"

So this sounds exactly like how Sideshow described their line. Guess we'll see what they actually come up with.
Unfortunately, the "inspired by" lines will not appeal to all ARAH fans, just depends on the design. For me, I prefer the V2 Snake Eyes with a kitbashed military sweater over this ThreeZero version, but I'm very curious to see the other characters.

I always preferred the Commando look with sweater for Snake Eyes as well but the three zero looks pretty good to me. Very much inspired by the 85 Snake Eyes figure.

I always preferred the Commando look with sweater for Snake Eyes as well but the three zero looks pretty good to me. Very much inspired by the 85 Snake Eyes figure.

I agree, but it is somewhat dated at this point and may not translate well.
I think this version is very nicely done is based on the 85 version slightly.

But it would be very cool to get a sweater version!

That's a much better looking sculpt for Duke :clap
Thanks for the chime in. I love it too. I saw one shortly after buying this one and I was like I should grab that for someone else that might want it and I got distracted by something shiny lol.

I told myself the same for the Sculpt that u used for Tobias Beckett as well, and just waited too long.

That is one awesome Duke sculpture. Any link please
I wish I could. It's one of those random sculpts from the lesser lines line bbi dragon and the like. The body from him was one of those nasty ones that was hard orange. I had to paint the neck to match the sculpt and its partially hidden by the green shirt and his collar. I got REALLY lucky. I'm still looking for one that screams FLINT all the time so I can have the two together finally. If I find any others I will post the link in here for you fellas and or direct message you ;).

I saw a video review on YouTube for this figure from the channel "Justin's Collection" so maybe these figures are starting to circulate? It looked pretty good, I wasn't sure if the head/shoulders seemed strangely proportioned or if it was the camera distorting things like my phone camera often does when trying to send pics to friends.

I'm more interested in the Storm Shadow since I have some decent SE figures close to the "look" I envision him as, while the Hot Toys and Sideshow Storm Shadow figs I own are nice but just a little off (for me, you mileage may vary of course). Still, a good 1/6 Snake Eyes with a classic feel is always a good thing and I look forward to some more impressions.

I saw a video review on YouTube for this figure from the channel "Justin's Collection" so maybe these figures are starting to circulate? It looked pretty good, I wasn't sure if the head/shoulders seemed strangely proportioned or if it was the camera distorting things like my phone camera often does when trying to send pics to friends.

I'm more interested in the Storm Shadow since I have some decent SE figures close to the "look" I envision him as, while the Hot Toys and Sideshow Storm Shadow figs I own are nice but just a little off (for me, you mileage may vary of course). Still, a good 1/6 Snake Eyes with a classic feel is always a good thing and I look forward to some more impressions.

OMG it's out?? :panic:

Looks cool! The red makes the suit detail pop out. It sort of gives me Deadpool vibes lol

As mentioned above, here's Justin's review for anyone interested. Super simple compact box which is nice these days. Can't believe 3Z still doens't include a base. Is it that much more expensive to include one of those? Overall it looks nice, but I won't be trading my Sideshow v2 for this one.

Back