Threezero - GI Joe Snake Eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He doesnt go up until tomorrow on Threezero though.
Went to the site and it says sold out on it. So idk if it dropped today or what but it's not there anymore. I screenshot it also. Screenshot_20201024-121203.jpgScreenshot_20201024-121232.jpg

$145 is incredible for a licensed figure these days, I know he doesn't come with much but still so cheap. Didn't have any desire for this line until seeing the price! I should stop buying the Classified figures lol. I can probably sell my Deluxe Snake Eyes and almost fund this.

IIRC, ThreeZero tends to put products up around either 0800 or 0900 Hong Kong time, so the "sold out" thing is probably just a placeholder until it actually goes on sale. Plus, I don't think ThreeZero does pre-made sales anymore, and opts for pre-order windows instead, but it has been a while for me, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm really happy that they have the IP, and I can't wait to see how they handle Cobra Commander. And I know it's a stretch, but I would love to see ThreeZero tackle the '91 Snake Eyes:

8a97404cc628dc531324cdaf1ef4519b.jpg

He is in stock now at ThreeZero.

He does look pretty cool but I wonder why so cheap, Im wondering what the catch is.

There is no catch. Threezero is a company that operates directly from Hong Kong. So labor and everything else is on the cheaper side. Allows them to price these figures at the price they should be compared to something like Sideshow.

For example, Sideshows Ghost Face figure is at $210 but is the most basic of basic figures. If it was done by Threezero it would probably be priced more closely to $150-$170 since they don't operate in the US. I imagine license is also a factor.

ghost-face_ghost-face_gallery_5f762ce6afca9.jpg

Anyways I placed an order for Snake Eyes directly from their website. $150 is a kind of a no brainer purchase even if he's not perfect. You really don't see figures at that price range anymore. There's little room for regret.

122142002_5405815889444195_4088329788704610787_o.jpg

IIRC, ThreeZero tends to put products up around either 0800 or 0900 Hong Kong time, so the "sold out" thing is probably just a placeholder until it actually goes on sale. Plus, I don't think ThreeZero does pre-made sales anymore, and opts for pre-order windows instead, but it has been a while for me, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm really happy that they have the IP, and I can't wait to see how they handle Cobra Commander. And I know it's a stretch, but I would love to see ThreeZero tackle the '91 Snake Eyes:

8a97404cc628dc531324cdaf1ef4519b.jpg

I had that back then! That would be crazy awesome!

$150 seems reasonable. Taking it back to 2010 prices.

Darn, I really did not want to fall down another rabbit hole collecting another line.

No EX from Threezero apparently?
Yah it's odd they typically do an EX kinda bummed. Wouldve liked an updated timber...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In case anyone didnt already see this they confirmed it's a line and not just a couple one offs.

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/10/25/future-figures-planned-for-threezero-12-inch-g-i-joe-line-71256

I wonder how the sculpts will look without a mask - Duke, Baroness, Lady Jaye, etc.

It will be interesting to see if Threezero will base them off the 80s cartoon or some type of hybrid.

If I recall correctly, the Sideshow GI Joe line from a few years ago was fairly faithful to the cartoon.

I wonder how the sculpts will look without a mask - Duke, Baroness, Lady Jaye, etc.

It will be interesting to see if Threezero will base them off the 80s cartoon or some type of hybrid.

If I recall correctly, the Sideshow GI Joe line from a few years ago was fairly faithful to the cartoon.
The sideshow were kinda hybrid show versus their interpretation. Alot of hardcore fans didnt like it so the sales suffered. So instead of trying to find a happy medium they kept shoveling army building figs instead of necessary characters which also pissed people off. There we also many reused pieces from figure to figure. Ultimately sideshow I believe gave up on the line kinda like they did with star wars and hot toys picked them up.

Hopefully Threezero does it right and the releases come faster than the game of thrones / walking dead lines to keep people interested.

The sideshow were kinda hybrid show versus their interpretation. Alot of hardcore fans didnt like it so the sales suffered. So instead of trying to find a happy medium they kept shoveling army building figs instead of necessary characters which also pissed people off. There we also many reused pieces from figure to figure. Ultimately sideshow I believe gave up on the line kinda like they did with star wars and hot toys picked them up.

Hopefully Threezero does it right and the releases come faster than the game of thrones / walking dead lines to keep people interested.

I wasn't around for collecting back then but it sounds exactly like what I heard about SS's 1/6 line and pumping out a hundred clones instead of characters people wanted.

I preordered..no NRD at BBTS..so I’d figure wth

I don’t know too much about three zero bodies..but I hope the joints are solid

Last edited:
In case anyone didnt already see this they confirmed it's a line and not just a couple one offs.

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/10/25/future-figures-planned-for-threezero-12-inch-g-i-joe-line-71256

Wow I'm a little surprised. I thought this was the Snake Eyes movie design but based on that article, sounds like it's a "realistic interpretation" rather than based on the movie. Interesting. If that's the case, I look forward to what they come up with but I'm pretty happy with my SS Joes. Sure they required some love to bring them up to snuff, but that's also what makes me love mine so much. However, I would LOVE a Lady Jay and Scarlett to go with the rest of the team. And maybe now I won't have to pay an arm and a leg to get Baroness since I jumped in the line after they were already sold out everywhere. I literally just picked up an EX Destro 2 weeks ago :lol

You hit the nail on the head here. This is what kept me out of the line until I finally budged just so I can have them on my shelf. Luckily, I got all the ones I've wanted so far for good prices except for Cobra Commander V2--got a good deal on CC but still the most expensive of the lot. The last Joe I need is Duke, but maybe I'll wait to see what ThreeZero comes up with before buying the SS version.

Last edited:
Wow I'm a little surprised. I thought this was the Snake Eyes movie design but based on that article, sounds like it's a "realistic interpretation" rather than based on the movie. Interesting. If that's the case, I look forward to what they come up with but I'm pretty happy with my SS Joes. Sure they required some love to bring them up to snuff, but that's also what makes me love mine so much. However, I would LOVE a Lady Jay and Scarlett to go with the rest of the team. And maybe now I won't have to pay an arm and a leg to get Baroness since I jumped in the line after they were already sold out everywhere. I literally just picked up an EX Destro 2 weeks ago [emoji38]

You hit the nail on the head here. This is what kept me out of the line until I finally budged just so I can have them on my shelf. Luckily, I got all the ones I've wanted so far for good prices except for Cobra Commander V2. The last Joe I need is Duke, but maybe I'll wait to see what ThreeZero comes up with before buying the SS version.
I'll prolly have to get this line too. I got lucky with my find on duke and even found a headsculpt I liked better for him. Wasnt totally keen on his and Flints faces.

I'll prolly have to get this line too. I got lucky with my find on duke and even found a headsculpt I liked better for him. Wasnt totally keen on his and Flints faces.

Agreed again! :hi5: Flint is my favorite Joe, and I've always wanted a better sculpt for him. I haven't gotten around to repainting mine yet but who knows, maybe I won't even have to if ThreeZero does a good enough job if/when they get to him. Unfortunately, they're notorious for slow releases. I mean Walking Dead could be an incredible line, but they're so slow at getting characters out. They've done a better job with GoT though, I'll give them that. If it's not too weird to say, I've always thought Flint and Lady Jaye were like the "good looking" couple, but unfortunately SS made Flint look a bit brutish. And they made Duke look like Duke Nukem instead of RAH Duke.

Back