Threezero - GI Joe Snake Eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see how you say the body loses definition but I like how everything looks filled out. I am assuming elbow articulation is superior with the M33 body? That was my main problem with the stock body! The arms on the stock body are a bit hollow, no? I think you can see the arms fold onto itself when you bend the elbow.

Man, that looks damned good. Great job. I am inspired.
Thanks. I really appreciate that as I never really know if something I work on just looks good to me due to my own bias or if it was actually a good idea and end result :LOL:
I see how you say the body loses definition but I like how everything looks filled out. I am assuming elbow articulation is superior with the M33 body? That was my main problem with the stock body! The arms on the stock body are a bit hollow, no? I think you can see the arms fold onto itself when you bend the elbow.
I agree and would say the loss in definition is an ok trade off given how much fuller he appears now. And yes, the elbow and overall arm articulation is greatly improved 100% in the M33 from the stock body. That was pretty much my main sticking point I had with the stock body and why I wanted to change it out in the first place. I'm just relieved it worked b/c these Phicen/TBLeague bodies are not cheap and it would've been a real waste (and disappointment) had something not worked out.

And yes the arms on the stock body are pretty hollow. There are plastic armatures on the inside of each one with a ratcheted elbow joint. The armature is a little bigger/thicker than the end of the wrist joint that inserts into them. Yup, the stock arms do fold into themselves a bit due to their construction and material choice. I think you sort of have to do that with rubber arms vs the silicone or whatever material the Phicen/TBLegaue bodies are made of that acts a bit more human-like.

Looks great and very creative. I REALLY hope TZ puts Coco on the same body as Firefly because he's looking a bit lean at the moment but still can't wait for him and Destro to arrive. Maybe Coco will need a body swap too. I'm pretty much moving to TZ from Sideshow to support the newer line in the hopes they make more. There are some great deals on ebay for Sideshow Joe figures and parts right now just fyi

Looks great and very creative. I REALLY hope TZ puts Coco on the same body as Firefly because he's looking a bit lean at the moment but still can't wait for him and Destro to arrive. Maybe Coco will need a body swap too. I'm pretty much moving to TZ from Sideshow to support the newer line in the hopes they make more. There are some great deals on ebay for Sideshow Joe figures and parts right now just fyi
Yea a lot of the Joe figures don't go for what they used to anymore. A lot of the old ones that would go for a lot can be had for pretty cheap these days. I was surprised to see an EX Baroness go for less than $200 recently. And to think, I almost bought one for over $300 just last year. I thought about bidding on it, but the collector didn't seem to necessarily take good care of it (at least from the pics) even though they listed it as "new." I've been burned by someone last year when buying a second Flint who also claimed the figure was new, when all the extra hands from the Stalker figure and was missing his dogtags and some patches :slap Got my money back from eBay though so all good.

Thankfully sold my EX Destro for almost $300 recently, so now I can comfortably put an order in for the 3Z version. Still keeping Camo Storm Shadow EX, Snake Eyes & Timber EX and V2 CC for now. Though, the only thing that has me keeping the Camo Storm Shadow are the diecast katana's if I'm being honest. The rest of it is starting to really show it's age I think. If I can customize the 3Z Storm Shadow the way that I hope I can, I'll probably end up selling the Sideshow.

Yea a lot of the Joe figures don't go for what they used to anymore. A lot of the old ones that would go for a lot can be had for pretty cheap these days. I was surprised to see an EX Baroness go for less than $200 recently. And to think, I almost bought one for over $300 just last year. I thought about bidding on it, but the collector didn't seem to necessarily take good care of it (at least from the pics) even though they listed it as "new." I've been burned by someone last year when buying a second Flint who also claimed the figure was new, when all the extra hands from the Stalker figure and was missing his dogtags and some patches :slap Got my money back from eBay though so all good.

Thankfully sold my EX Destro for almost $300 recently, so now I can comfortably put an order in for the 3Z version. Still keeping Camo Storm Shadow EX, Snake Eyes & Timber EX and V2 CC for now. Though, the only thing that has me keeping the Camo Storm Shadow are the diecast katana's if I'm being honest. The rest of it is starting to really show it's age I think. If I can customize the 3Z Storm Shadow the way that I hope I can, I'll probably end up selling the Sideshow.
That's exactly why I always sell and list things as "used" on ebay, even if they're in pristine condition (which they usually are). It keeps people happy and any time I see someone listing an item as "new" that's been opened -- yeah -- run for the hills because the seller is either unethical or doesn't know what they're doing

I hear you on the Sideshow Storm Shadow V2, sold mine a couple years back. Great figure but I didn't miss him. I do miss my Sideshow Zartan but hopefully we get a new one shortly. Sorry you got burned on a second hand purchase but in better news, put that $300 you made on Sideshow Destro and you can buy both 3Z Cobra Commander and Destro and be in the clear for the next one. I just want a 3Z Baroness and Zartan and maybe Flint and Duke and Scarlet and Lady Jaye and then I'm good lol

Just picked up Snake Eyes. Awesome figure for the price. Also grabbed the Hot Toys Bat-Pod on sale at Sideshow to display him with. I think the Pod definitely looks like a bad a$$ G.I. Joe vehicle that Snake Eyes would ride into combat.

IMG_9648.JPG
IMG_9649.JPG
IMG_9654.JPG
IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_9653.JPG

Last edited:
So, I just wasn’t overly happy with the M33 body swap I did previously on this guy, so I went back to the drawing board and Frankenstein’d my own. It just felt like the figure was waiting to explode from the inside in the M33. After multiple tests, the below is what I landed on
  • Arms from Hot Toys Darth Vader. They have been shortened by about 1/4inch at the wrist b/c they were too long for this overall frame. Shoulders are a little larger than I’d like but looks fine once the figure is all put together
  • Upper body from the ThreeZero with foam packed into the neck to make it a little thicker
  • Abs, pelvis and legs from a CooModel body I had lying around. These parts are just the right amount larger than the 3Z pieces that it allows everything to just fit better without being too large for the pants to close
  • Ankles from the ThreeZero body
Wasn’t easy to do but think it was more worth it than the trouble of dying the M33 black plus the money wasted on probably never needing that for anything else in the foreseeable future :slap

I’ll show pics once I have him all assembled again.

IMG_1666.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I just wasn’t overly happy with the M33 body swap I did previously on this guy, so I went back to the drawing board and Frankenstein’d my own. It just felt like the figure was trying to explode from the inside. After multiple tests, the below is what I landed on
  • Arms from Hot Toys Darth Vader. They have been shortened by about 1/4inch at the wrist b/c they were too long for this overall frame. Shoulders are a little larger than I’d like but looks fine once the figure is all put together
  • Upper body from the ThreeZero with foam packed into the neck to make it a little thicker
  • Abs, pelvis and legs from a CooModel body I had lying around. These parts are just the right amount larger than the 3Z pieces that it allows everything to just fit better without being too large for the pants to close
  • Ankles from the ThreeZero body
Wasn’t easy to do but think it was more worth it than the trouble of dying the M33 black :slap will show pics once I have him all assembled again.

View attachment 695317
Can't wait, man.

Here are some pics I took this afternoon. The headsculpt has been polished a bit for a deeper black look with a bit of shine to go along with the look of the rest of the shirt. I also used a 303 rubber protectant sponge application on the shirt to bring back the deeper black and shine after wetting and drying the suit so much (about 6 times altogether) to bring it back to its tighter fit. So, anyone who is worried about the durability of the shirt, don’t worry, it can take it and shouldn’t be worried about Destro either. Don’t mind the belt. After so much gluing back and forth, I really need to get a new one. Just waiting until Toy Anxiety potentially parts it out again or when the Commando version comes out later. Display stand is currently from Sideshow’s 1/6 comic Punisher.

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1684.jpeg

And here he is with my Sideshow Cobra Commander who is also on a custom Frankenstein’d body I put together with other slight alterations to the costume.

IMG_1686.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are some pics I took this afternoon. The headsculpt has been polished a bit for a deeper black look with a bit of shine to go along with the look of the rest of the shirt. I also used a 303 rubber protectant sponge application on the shirt to bring back the deeper black and shine after wetting and drying the suit so much (about 6 times altogether) to bring it back to its tighter fit. So, anyone who is worried about the durability of the shirt, don’t worry, it can take it and shouldn’t be worried about Destro either. Don’t mind the belt. After so much gluing back and forth, I really need to get a new one. Just waiting until Toy Anxiety potentially parts it out again or when the Commando version comes out later. Display stand is currently from Sideshow’s 1/6 comic Punisher.

View attachment 695480

View attachment 695481

View attachment 695482

View attachment 695483

And here he is with my Sideshow Cobra Commander who is also on a custom Frankenstein’d body I put together with other slight alterations to the costume.

View attachment 695484
Great work! Although the shirt material itself is durable...the seams are not. Whenever I've barely done anything with it, the seams always come apart in areas of slight stress.

Great work! Although the shirt material itself is durable...the seams are not. Whenever I've barely done anything with it, the seams always come apart in areas of slight stress.
Thanks!

Sucks that’s happened to yours. I honestly haven’t had any problems with the shirt seams. I’ve pulled it on and off multiple times without issues, even tugging it on and off the Phicen/TBLeague M33 body, which was probably the most difficult, and the seams are still fine.

I wonder if it’s variance the in the production quality? 🤔 I bought a few spare parts in case I messed up beyond repair on anything and I noticed some finish quality difference in the armor pieces as well paint variation on extra heads I have. Plus, the neck socket inside one version being much tighter than that on another.
Same thing happened on a second Storm Shadow body I bought hoping the elbow joints would different. One side definitely was tighter and could hold poses past 90degrees while the other side would click itself down not even being able to stay at 90.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
I have 2 original Sideshow Falchion swords (see 1st picture) from the v1 SE figure ready to go to you for USD44 incl. shipping & Paypal G&S.
I also have lots & lots of 1/6 weapons, clothing, accessories & diorama pieces from GI Joe & several other franchises (for instance, rare jewels like the Cobra suitcase from the 2nd picture, or the very rare dog Sandstorm by SSC from the 3rd picture).
Should anyone be interested, just PM me for more info & pics.
Thx.

katana_1.jpg
waypoint.jpg
sandstorm_2.jpg

Back