Threezero Game of Thrones: Jaime Lannister S7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's sold out at Threezero store... but a lot of online shops seem to indicate availability in September. Strange. I guess 3Z gives themselves a good window for their own sale... too bad they are out of stock or I'd grab him now while I can. I have a feeling this one might be hard to come by and the price will rocket once he hits the market.
BBTS still had him up for pre-order yesterday. Definitely would suggest reserving one. Looks like this is going to be a very memorable figure.

I don't like how he didn't mention the seam on both sides of the head. You can see them in the initial turn but during the "closeup" look he didn't move it at all from front on.

They really put the time into the armor, which is nice to see. Didn’t expect that out of a company that isn’t Asmus for this type of stuff. Nice job by ThreeZero.

They really put the time into the armor, which is nice to see. Didn’t expect that out of a company that isn’t Asmus for this type of stuff. Nice job by ThreeZero.

Honestly I don't think Asmus stuff is any better than Threezero overall. Asmus does better metal weapons but I think Threezero usually makes better costumes/outfits. Both companies are inconsistent with their sculpts.

Threezero is probably the second best company, as far as quality goes, to Hot Toys. Their DLX line is superb, as well as the premium Transformers they make. The Power Rangers figures that they're about to put out look great as well. As of now my collection consists of Lego, Hot Toys, and Threezero. And I'll probably stick to that, I think they're that good. I did consider picking up that Asmus Gandolf, but I don't collect Lord of the Rings Merch.

Honestly I don't think Asmus stuff is any better than Threezero overall. Asmus does better metal weapons but I think Threezero usually makes better costumes/outfits. Both companies are inconsistent with their sculpts.
I'm not sure I agree, but I'm still really new to Threezero.

I think both companies do good sculpts but both also struggle with their paint application, which holds the sculpt back. Although both have been improving but they're not at Hot Toys level.

Asmus does better quality accessories (metal/fine details) and Threezero seems to have better outfit work, that said the level of detail and care Asmus puts into their armor figures is incredible. The armor work on Eomer/Theoden/Last Alliance warriors is second to none, although this Lannister armor may come close when I see it in hand.

I'm not sure I agree, but I'm still really new to Threezero.

I think both companies do good sculpts but both also struggle with their paint application, which holds the sculpt back. Although both have been improving but they're not at Hot Toys level.

Asmus does better quality accessories (metal/fine details) and Threezero seems to have better outfit work, that said the level of detail and care Asmus puts into their armor figures is incredible. The armor work on Eomer/Theoden/Last Alliance warriors is second to none, although this Lannister armor may come close when I see it in hand.

I would also add that I was mostly referring to Threezero's GOT line vs. Asmus LOTR. I own some of each and I do think they are about even for the reasons I mentioned.

But Threezero has done some stuff like the Fallout power armor figures that are way better than anything Asmus has ever dreamed of doing.

I would also add that I was mostly referring to Threezero's GOT line vs. Asmus LOTR. I own some of each and I do think they are about even for the reasons I mentioned.

But Threezero has done some stuff like the Fallout power armor figures that are way better than anything Asmus has ever dreamed of doing.
That's fair. Unless I get a Walking Dead figure someday, I won't get anything else from Threezero outside of the GOT line, so it's all the experience I have with them to compare.

I got the chance to open this up tonight and the main takeaway is that this is a great figure, challenging for best of the line. The complex outfit is beautifully done and the likeness to the actor is very good. The paint apps could be mistaken for a Hot Toys sculpt, bravo Threezero.

The mentioned hair seam exists but is only prominent from certain angles and won't be visible from straight on or even with the head slightly turned.

It's a typical no frills Threezero release, no stand and everything is used except two hands and four extra pegs. It's worth mentioning that the gold hand is easily pegged out like a normal hand if you want to turn Jaime into Tywin. I haven't had the chance to try swapping on the Tywin head yet so not sure if it is compatible with this body. I will say that I wouldn't want to try swapping this outfit to a different body. And unfortunately probably my biggest gripe is that the joints are a little loose, I will definitely be putting him on a stand to avoid a shelf dive.

Overall Threezero did a terrific job achieving one of the coolest and complex character looks on the show and they did it for under $200. One of the best 1/6 bargains in recent memory:clap

Arrived today, I can confirm this is a great figure. A little bit worried about the durabilty of the pleather tunic, I'll apply some 303 from the get go. Seems like good quality though.

Hair seam is there, but barely noticeable.

Leg joints are a little weak, especially worrying as this figure doesn't come with a stand. Get one.

Any tips on how to futz the cape?

If I could ever get one of those $25 coupons from Sideshow I would order this right now. But I think I have to wait until ThreeZero releases the surge. Still waiting for the Arya surge at the end of this month. Jaime is probably end of October at best.

I'm still waiting for Arya from BBTS. I have thought about ordering Tormund too but I have a feeling he might hit the bargain bin eventually.

Back