Threezero - First Blood - 1/6 scale John Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I POd the figure. :D

Some pics that inspired the promo shots

Q8RiSbH.jpg
Yepe5Cb.jpg

ahHVaif.jpg
x7xFPJ6.jpg
Q6gOHQP.jpg

HPU4KhY.jpg
xr5M8tz.jpg

Oewgz0O.jpg
72VdY7b.jpg

PyLA36z.jpg

GBr7Qqf.png

FrrkWyx.jpg

0SCS1Jn.jpg
8yNrjyV.jpg

CsFniNp.jpg
pq6siRy.jpg

Qe2Uvvd.jpg
ssUzgpG.jpg

A bit of pinhead going on and a little more Ben Stiller lurking than I would have liked but damnit it I just rewatched First Blood again for this.

Needs some tweaks, I'm worried about those seamless arms but a solely needed figure from a still pretty freakin awesome movie (directed by the same guy who directed my 80s fave guilty pleasure, Weekend at Bernies)

I may pick this up. The sculpt likeness, outfit and accessories are quite good IMO. Interested to see what Stallone's shop produces. But if those are either not as good or are priced in the $400 range, I'll get the 3Z. ThreeZero does a pretty nice job for the most part. Would be great to see them get the Rocky license.

So I never watched the Rambo films back in the day. Saw First Blood a few months ago, Part II last night and now watching Rambo III. I see the appeal as the budget goes up and the story progresses, but wow, Trautman is useless and also in love with Rambo. :LOL:

I think the body and the head sculpt are re-uses of the Part III figure, which I have and love. But they don’t look like a good First Blood representation to me. He should be smaller and younger. So probably a pass for me unless there are changes, which I doubt. I get that they had to do this to keep their price point and profitability, and for those that don’t mind these things, it’s a great figure.

This figure is total mind's eye Stallone -- more like Rambo 3 reprising the roll in First Blood.

It's amazing now that time has passed and that body type has become mainstream just how regular Stallone looks in First Blood.

This figure is total mind's eye Stallone -- more like Rambo 3 reprising the roll in First Blood.

It's amazing now that time has passed and that body type has become mainstream just how regular Stallone looks in First Blood.
Yeah watching that for the first time was weird for a lot of reasons, but I was surprised at how relatively small and ordinary Stallone looked.

Yeah watching that for the first time was weird for a lot of reasons, but I was surprised at how relatively small and ordinary Stallone looked.

Stallone has always had some kind of reasoning for his body changes. He filmed First Blood after Rocky 3, but decided to take a break from the intense training. He wanted to be athletic because he was playing a soldier, but he was also a drifter, so he didn't want to look like he lived in a gym either. It was a realistic physique.

Part 2, he wanted a body that matched the film and story. From a story stand point, the character spent 3 years working out in prison and doing hard labor. Also with each new film getting bigger and "ferocious" (Sly's own words) , he didn't want to come back looking the same way he did in previous films. Rambo 3 was Sly's 80's peak body, as far as size anyway.

For part 4, he wanted a lumberjack body, and that's what we got. Even for movies like Cliffhanger, he decided to focus more on leg training because his character was a mountain climber. And Expendables, he focused on increasing the size of his forearms, which is why he shows them so much. His reasoning, the character uses guns and he's a quick draw, so that was his reasoning for the Popeye forearms he's got in those films. :lol

The head looks pretty good, but that body is all sorts of wrong. He was more lean and wiry in First Blood.

Is that right? Already on Rocky 3 before Rambo even hits the screens?

Yup, both came out in 82, about 5 months apart. He filmed Rocky 3 first, then First Blood.

In 85, Rambo 2 and Rocky 4 both come out. In both he was fighting Russians. Rambo 2 was the second highest grossing film of the year and Rocky 4, the third biggest film. He probably has that year tattooed on his back. :lol

For those wondering, BTTF was the # 1 that year.

Yup, both came out in 82, about 5 months apart. He filmed Rocky 3 first, then First Blood.

In 85, Rambo 2 and Rocky 4 both come out. In both he was fighting Russians. Rambo 2 was the second highest grossing film of the year and Rocky 4, the third biggest film. He probably has that year tattooed on his back. :lol

For those wondering, BTTF was the # 1 that year.
Hmm, I wonder if the First Blood release is meant to be a 35th anniversary thing, then, as, presumably, are the BTTF figures. If so, what else do we have to look forward to figure-wise?

1630089076021.png

C'mon, Don Ameche and Wilford Brimley DX 2-pack!

I seriously considered going all in with an Axel figure several years ago. Someone commissioned Yunsil to do a $300+ jacket and everything, if memory serves, but it was one of those things where you had to construct the figure yourself, getting a head from this guy, jacket from that guy, independently source a painter, etc. So, I never went through with it, but would buy a Hot Toys/Blitzway/Asmus Axel if such a thing would ever happen (it won't, I'm sure).

An iconic look from a tremendous '80s movie that I rewatched just a couple months back.

Back