Threezero - First Blood - 1/6 scale John Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I think the other Stallone sculpt in that video may have a better likeness. Certainly the hair looks more accurate. But quality-wise, I agree. The ThreeZero one is more aesthetically pleasing. I'm reminded about some older SSC sculpts, that were crude, quality-wise, but often did a tremendous job of capturing likeness. Some of those old Indy sculpts that got repainted helped prove that to me.
20220815_211325.jpg
When he put the Stallone shop headsculpt next to the ThreeZero, I let out an audible, "Huh?" A person in the room asked if I was ok.
I had the same reaction when he brought in that slyshop head.
I was shocked how bad it looked in comparison.
It looks even worse seperated from the body and the hair is horrible.
I dont think a repaint will save it unlike some of the old sideshow indy sculpts
The eyebrows are not right.
The eyebrows if lowered to a more relaxed state would improve it I think.
Its like the eyebrows are in a raised nearly shocked or suprised expression different to the rest of the face which is sad/relaxed.
Just looks weird to me.

Honestly, I think the other Stallone sculpt in that video may have a better likeness. Certainly the hair looks more accurate. But quality-wise, I agree. The ThreeZero one is more aesthetically pleasing. I'm reminded about some older SSC sculpts, that were crude, quality-wise, but often did a tremendous job of capturing likeness. Some of those old Indy sculpts that got repainted helped prove that to me.
Nah, i disagree. Both threezero headsculpts have a far better likeness to Stallone in First Blood and Stallone in Rambo III. The Slystallone shop headsculpt looks like a cartoon that's been pepper sprayed.

Also, the Threezero hair is spot on.

Attachments

• collage.jpg
    collage.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nah, i disagree. Both threezero headsculpts have a far better likeness to Stallone in First Blood and Stallone in Rambo III. The Slystallone shop headsculpt looks like a cartoon that's been pepper sprayed.

The Sly Stallone scupt is horrible. Bug eyed and very cartoon looking. The three zero one is light years in front.

For me the ThreeZero is a more idealized interpretation of Stallone. It doesn't capture that tired, hang-dog look of Stallone that the other sculpt does. I still dig it a lot, but I wouldn't say that they nailed it. The Slyshop one is also stylized in its way, but is unmistakably Stallone to my eyes, while the ThreeZero could be maybe Frank Stallone or his stunt double.

Of course, YMMV.

For me the ThreeZero is a more idealized interpretation of Stallone. It doesn't capture that tired, hang-dog look of Stallone that the other sculpt does. I still dig it a lot, but I wouldn't say that they nailed it. The Slyshop one is also stylized in its way, but is unmistakably Stallone to my eyes, while the ThreeZero could be maybe Frank Stallone or his stunt double.

Of course, YMMV.
Have you by chance ordered the slyshop version and are trying to convince yourself?😄
Honestly neither sculpt is perfect we can agree on that much but I know which I prefer😉
I checked out all of deans vids again and from certain and angles and lighting I catch a glimpse of stallone but then it is gone again so believe me I'm not hating on it for the sake of it....well maybe some 😁but I think they should have done much better for all the boasting and price tag.
If this was an unaffiliated third party brand for a hundred dollars less there would be no debate and an instant preorder, maybe repaint the head or get a better one down the line.
Not a bang on great sculpt, but good for the money, but as it is no sale.

No, I have no intention of getting the slyshop version (in fact, if I get one of these, it would be ThreeZero because I like it a lot despite flaws), but certainly agree that people should speak with their wallets if they don't feel something is worth the price.

Have you by chance ordered the slyshop version and are trying to convince yourself?😄
Honestly neither sculpt is perfect we can agree on that much but I know which I prefer😉
I checked out all of deans vids again and from certain and angles and lighting I catch a glimpse of stallone but then it is gone again so believe me I'm not hating on it for the sake of it....well maybe some 😁but I think they should have done much better for all the boasting and price tag.
If this was an unaffiliated third party brand for a hundred dollars less there would be no debate and an instant preorder, maybe repaint the head or get a better one down the line.
Not a bang on great sculpt, but good for the money, but as it is no sale.
I think the Rambo III sculpt is actually perfect, it looks exactly like Stallone in that movie. The threezero First Blood sculpt? I think it's close to perfect, maybe not as perfect as the Rambo III one, but it is unmistakably Stallone in First Blood. The Sly stallone shop version looks like a figure you could buy about 15 years ago. Like one of the early sideshow collectible 1/6 scale figures.

Sly Stallone Shop headsculpt - Rambo looks tired, depressed and defeated.
ThreeZero headsculpt - Rambo looks resolute and like he's feeling the eye of the tiger vibe.

Last edited:
While it doesn't look particularly flattering in that still, I suspect in better lighting the Stallone Shop head would improve it's appearance.

Or a complete repaint.

I'm tempted to pick up a 2nd figure of this. The poncho look is good, because it hides the over developed arms, but the M60 look is so iconic.
I am doing the same mate, just ordered another one for the M60 look, but will go with a different body.

About the wrist pegs on this figure.
In Justin's review he mentioned they looked odd and too bulbous and noticible, but on another video it looked like they pushed in a lot further and became far less prominent.

Can anyone confirm the pegs can go in deep enough to hide most of the ball joint on both arms?

Back