ThreeZero - 1/6 Game of Thrones - Tormund Giantsbane

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I mentioned in the GoT thread, he is looking fantastic. My small GoT collection was pretty much done but now I need Tormund to display with Night Watch Jon.

ED2C1694-6591-448C-B06A-AB88C2E14099.jpg

94FB1E65-8E94-4F6E-8E51-1E59242962E9.jpg

2FC7F68D-7B97-4AE9-910B-111D4F9671E7.jpg

Wow, Tormund is a seriously impressive figure. Yet again, TZ knock the costume out of the park and the head sculpt and paint is pretty good too. Definitely one of the stronger releases so far.

Costume, scale and sculpt all look very good there. Paint application is better than some figures but they still have some work to do there. Overall looks like a figure very worthy of shelf space.

Oddly, one of the little things that impresses me most is that the 'rope' actually looks rope-like, rather than just looking like a length of string, which is what we usually get in this scale. Sometimes the little details make all the difference.

The texture/material used for the costume is bothering me a bit.
93cef236e82fe0f91b2d1bdc2356f682.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Water treatment and some staining will get you the soggy, dirty look. Needs some dark wash on the face to bring out those wrinkles too. The only part of the sculpt that bothers me is the narrow eyes -- wish they were more open and intense. But at least the height relative to Jon looks very close.

Overall, this looks to be an impressive figure. Now having seen it in hand, I'm definitely going to add this one to my collection.

I totally understand that most people don't want head sculpts to have strong or scene-specific expressions, but sometimes, with a character as colorful as Tormund, the neutral "museum" expression doesn't feel quite right. Personally I would love it if he had an arched eyebrow or gritted teeth, or even that "up to no good" grin.

But other than that minor nit, this figure looks fantastic. The sculpt, the costume ... Really nice work. Just more proof that they spent a good long time developing this one while rushing the S5 Dany out the door as fast as humanly possible.

Just out of curiosity, how long does BBTS usually take to get these in? This was my first time pre-ordering one of these. Curious if it's the weeks to months-long lag you see with Hot Toys or if ThreeZero moves a little quicker.

I totally understand that most people don't want head sculpts to have strong or scene-specific expressions, but sometimes, with a character as colorful as Tormund, the neutral "museum" expression doesn't feel quite right. Personally I would love it if he had an arched eyebrow or gritted teeth, or even that "up to no good" grin.

But other than that minor nit, this figure looks fantastic. The sculpt, the costume ... Really nice work. Just more proof that they spent a good long time developing this one while rushing the S5 Dany out the door as fast as humanly possible.

I'm a big supporter of expressions being used on sculpts when appropriate. For example I liked what HT did with Doc Brown. On the flip side there was the terrible expressive Antman sculpt. That being said I like your idea with Tormund.

With a bit of touch up on the skin and bit of drybrush highlights on his hair to make the hair looks a bit lighter in color, he would be perfect.

He does look fantastic in that in-hand video.

I was sure that my GoT collection was done but it looks like a pre-order is in my immediate future...

No PO... he's in stock at ThreeZero store.

Sadly, 3Z now charges $16.99 shipping.

Yeah bummer, I noticed the shipping with the white dress Danerys.

No free t shirts either like they included in the box with the Walking Dead and X- Files figures.

Damn, this looks good. I already have in my head all things I'd modify on this figure to take it to the next level. I wasn't looking to buy this but.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back