ThreeZero - 1/6 Game of Thrones - Tormund Giantsbane

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened up the big guy today, pretty much zero complaints with this one, really happy with him on all fronts. And the joints on mine are fine, too, so he stands plenty sturdy.

The only small nitpick I have is that his hands really aren't sculpted to hold his regular bladed halberd very well. They work fine for the dragon glass one, as that has a thinner shaft, but the other one is just too thick to sit well in his hands. Which is a bit of a shame, as I quite like the regular halberd, looks more intimidating than the dragon glass version.

28645626-57AA-4582-AF7E-5CA3B0D6D47D.jpeg

I think this guy needs a little extra futzing, but this is one of the most solid figures since Tyrion. Very impressed with the sculpt.

Thanks man! I readjusted the rope a lot to make it lay a little more naturally. I also tried to “squeeze” all the layers to sit a little closer to the body. His left arm I think it twisted under the clothes so I need to mess with that as well.
My biggest gripe, as someone else mentioned, is that the gripping hand is not big enough to hold on to that ax well. It took some careful prying to get it to grip.

I made the stand myself with some pink foam and craft snow.

I wish I was brave enough to not use stands, but I don’t trust myself or the figures to not fall over.

Ray mentioned the same thing. I hope this is not standard for the body they are using.

Can he hold a pose without the stand? I hate stands, Jock. I hate 'em.

I have been on an incredibly long business trip so I’m just now opening mine up.

As others said, the knee joints are so loose on mine it would not hold a dynamic pose.

I also hate using stands.

I am glad to have it in my collection.

OK, really late but I just received Tormund and Arya so I'm pleased to finally join the party.

Tormund is a terrific figure. Seemingly simple yes, but there is a lot of details hidden in those furs. Great sculpt, lots of weapons and a fantastic character. I could not pass this one by.

Tormund COMP 1.jpg

With that red beard, Tormund pops on the shelf moreso than I thought he would.

Great pics, Wor-Gar, and the head sculpt looks amazing.

IF this ever goes on sale, I may bite. I'm just trying to out of yet another line... (And that's with 4 figures from GoT in the collection, already...) :gah:

Thanks!

Yeah, I recently reorganized my shelves so they weren't as crowded which required me to put many figures into storage (about 20). I'm going to try a "rotation plan" of every six months. So for now, I have retired my Asmus LOTR collection and GoT has happily taken those display spaces.

Arya came with Tormund but I haven't opened her yet. Saving her for tomorrow. I'll also be getting Jaime soon I hope.

That is great when they arrive in a bunch. You can spread out the enjoyment of opening them up, over several days.

I have yet to try the "rotation plan" of displaying figures. I've either have them on display indefinitely or still in their boxes until additional display space is acquired. Unfortunately, I've got a couple of dozen figures still in boxes, awaiting their new homes/shelves...

I'm going to seriously think about doing it, though. It will just be tough to choose which ones go back in their boxes.

I'm going to seriously think about doing it, though. It will just be tough to choose which ones go back in their boxes.

It is tough to decide who stays and who goes -- but its only for a short period; after all, you can have 4 sets of figures rotated out every six months within the same amount of time it takes HT from PO to delivery. :lol

Just keep in mind that those figures you put away will get their chance on the shelf... as opposed to remaining sealed in their boxes indefinitely as you accrue more and more.

Can someone who has Tormund tell me if Tormund's boots can be removed?
Because I would like to buy it but I would like to change them for another pair of boots

Back