Three Zero Game of Thrones Jorah Mormont

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChigsHakko

Super Freak
Reaction score
From TZ?s Facebook, looks like Jorah is next and we?re getting Season 8 version.

A7890C0B-B824-4EB6-AB61-1D4B43BA5C66.jpg

97063FCF-8456-4611-85E8-E9E0657633F0.jpeg
C511D9A6-EA7C-40DD-9796-07515E725484.jpeg

Attachments

• 905233F9-CF5B-4922-A5A9-FC2920BA6009.jpeg
    905233F9-CF5B-4922-A5A9-FC2920BA6009.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Season 8 isn't a surprise. Their focus seems to be later seasons, unfortunately.
However, I DO prefer this armor over the S1 armor, which usually isn't the case for me.
He looks really good.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yeah, head size looks fine to me. Neck is probably short. I'm more concerned that the sculpt looks soft already in the prototype. Probably going to end up needing to be repainted to help it out a bit, which is what I'm doing with the Brienne sculpt right now actually. ThreeZero doesn't have the best paint applications as it is.

Outfit looks good. I like that they armored him, he spent a lot of the earlier seasons in the white/yellow/whatever it was shirt. As usually their outfits are really nice looking.

I agree about the head looking oversized AND the neck being short for the oversized head...

But the figure looks FANTASTIC!

When I think of Jorah I always think of that yellow shirt and bloomin' pirate pants he wore during Meereen time. For the sake of color on the shelf, I wish they made that outfit. But this would have been my 2nd choice.

Also a good indication that we can expect that promised S7-8 Dani at some point to pair with this.

I think he looks fantastic, and can't wait to get him as Jorah is one of my favorite characters

You guys nailed it with the neck being short and making the sculpt look big.

Wor-Gar, I too would have preferred his earlier outfit but I can see why they went with this one. Still looks good. I may actually get my "Jon's Beyond the Wall" team, or at least getting closer now.

Count me in the "would have preferred his mid-seasons yellow pirate-y outfit (maybe with some greyscale on his forearm)" camp. To me that's his iconic look. But this looks really nice. The likeness is very strong and the detail on the armor is great.

Agreed Bucky. I hope Xensation will do his earlier outfit.

Count me in the "would have preferred his mid-seasons yellow pirate-y outfit (maybe with some greyscale on his forearm)" camp. To me that's his iconic look. But this looks really nice. The likeness is very strong and the detail on the armor is great.

Early look would have been great, but in all honesty I'm just happy to finally have Ser Jorah of House Friendzone officially on his way...

Jorah was my guy. It may be a little telling that I’d identify with a principled, doting man who will never land the girl of his dream but I really wished the story led to him having to be the one to kill Dany. Revenge of the simp!
Many season 8 outfits were the worst imo- least inspired, overly dark and tainted by the drop in quality of the show resulting in my abandoning of this line but I can’t deny that threezero are offering some pretty decent figures at more than agreeable prices these days.

Xensation killed their own sales with poorly done Bronn. I haven't seen excitement over their work on GoT since Davos. Tywin and Davos were very good, but Bronn and Grey Worm not so much. They need to do characters that have simple outfits and no leather (pleather). Littlefinger could be ideal for them -- major character, relatively simple outfit choice available, not leather. I would love to see Ramsey Bolton but I fear the pleather outfit will be as disappointing as Bronn's.

I wonder if Xensation is no longer willing to risk effort for minor to no sales?

Xensation killed their own sales with poorly done Bronn. I haven't seen excitement over their work on GoT since Davos. Tywin and Davos were very good, but Bronn and Grey Worm not so much. They need to do characters that have simple outfits and no leather (pleather). Littlefinger could be ideal for them -- major character, relatively simple outfit choice available, not leather. I would love to see Ramsey Bolton but I fear the pleather outfit will be as disappointing as Bronn's.

I wonder if Xensation is no longer willing to risk effort for minor to no sales?

Greyworm looks fantastic. And Bronn ain't that bad either. He's definitley the worst, but he still looks like Bronn and looks pretty cool in the collection, especially for the price.

I agree about Grey Worm (although he'd too tall), but very few here bought him. I imagine that translates to the outside world. Bronn I disagree -- terrible figure all around. In my view, the last two figures hurt the momentum of the Xensation GoT line. I have been waiting for their next announcement eagerly... I would imagine they are aware of the limitations of their own figures so hopefully they are selecting the next figure that will better suit their strengths as mentioned.

I thought Greyworm was fine. Bronn was certainly a misfire, but Greyworm has a pretty good likeness. Just not my favorite character, so I didn't get overly excited about him. (I did buy him, though.) I was kind of surprised they went with him, though, because the outfit seems to be a little more complicated than the other, more generic outfits they've done. (I believe they've kept the outfits kind of generic and simple because they don't exactly have "permission" to produce figures from this show and likely don't want to sink a ton of money into more labor-intensive costumes in case they get a tap on the shoulder from some lawyers.)

That said, Littlefinger, Varys and Oberyn (non-armored) would be ideal candidates for simpler figures that might sell well with good head sculpts.

Yes, Pablo would sell for multiple reasons now. And that golden yellow/orange outfit of his would certainly shine on the shelf.

Perhaps Xensation was waiting for ThreeZero to announce its next wave. Now that they know what 3Z is working on over the next few years, Xensation can better plan which holes to fill with their own figures.

Back