Thor: Love and Thunder **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed.
And Waititi seems to be a truly talented filmmaker, so I'm a bit surprised that this looks so bad.
He's found a niche and is leaning into it. Why bother trying when you can do the minimum amount of work and still cash in? Or it's another GotG 2 situation and now that he's got no limitations he's going all out and saturating his own product. Whatever it is, nothing I've seen of this film feels "real". I'll just catch the vids of Crowe and Bale (whose screentime got reportedly cut down a lot). From what I'm hearing they cut all the drama and heavy parts to deliver a 90% comedy.

Also, Herc's actor leaked and it's... yeah.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't you DARE besmirch Roy Kent!
:lol

He's here, he's there,
He's every-*******-where
Roy Kent!
I watched a bit of Ted Lasso, but dropped it because... I forgot about it, I guess. I honestly hate football (or soccer or whatever it's called overseas). I hate it so, so much. If I were God Emperor, I'd ban it before anything, literally anything, else. I'd bring back Gladiatorial Games. I'd bring back Chariot Races. But football? I hate it. I really do. Basketball, I like it well enough. Football though?

842ffbdefc4d7f8d9886331190ee8dabcba6959b.gifv

Anyway, his frame and height are just too small. It's Hercules dammit, we needed Cavill!

original.gif

Well, maybe they'll bring him in as Cyclops or Brian Braddock.

I watched a bit of Ted Lasso, but dropped it because... I forgot about it, I guess. I honestly hate football (or soccer or whatever it's called overseas). I hate it so, so much. If I were God Emperor, I'd ban it before anything, literally anything, else. I'd bring back Gladiatorial Games. I'd bring back Chariot Races. But football? I hate it. I really do. Basketball, I like it well enough. Football though?

842ffbdefc4d7f8d9886331190ee8dabcba6959b.gifv

Anyway, his frame and height are just too small. It's Hercules dammit, we needed Cavill!

original.gif

Well, maybe they'll bring him in as Cyclops or Brian Braddock.

Yeah, I'm just joking around. I really like Ted Lasso, and love the Roy Kent character ... but I completely agree that Brett doesn't have the necessary stature to pull off Hercules. Oh well. We'll see how it goes.

Yeah, I'm just joking around. I really like Ted Lasso, and love the Roy Kent character ... but I completely agree that Brett doesn't have the necessary stature to pull off Hercules. Oh well. We'll see how it goes.
Maybe they'll save it with roids and camera angles. First Manletmor, now this; what's their beef with making tall, hot, buff guys be played by tall, hot, buff guys? I've already given up on hot buff women, but I figured at least the guys would get the comic-accurate treatment.

I must be in a lousy mood, because I found those trailers boring and mildly irritating...
Don't think I'll be paying to see this.
You aren’t the only one. The things people complain about the mcu seemed to be cranked up to 11 in this movie and I was never a thor fan anyway. Looks way to bright and by the numbers mcu boring. They better announce some bangers this sdcc. I’m talking hulk v wolverine. Midnight sons. Ghost rider. Blade. Avengers v xmen. Spider-Man news. Anything to get me back in.

Cause if there line up includes crap like Shang chi 2 , eternals 2 and more bottom of the barrel characters I’m out.

Cavill can't be in all major franchises at once. He's not Superman you know......wait......
It was reported that he met with Marvel about a year ago. Herc made sense, but I always thought it'd be a sort of "meatier" role like Cyclops. Get Rose Leslie as Jean Grey and I'll be happy. Although I'm pulling for Jensen Ackles as Cyclops. Cavill could be a great Brian Braddock, but I think they'll ruin him and prop up his sister like in the comics, now that they can't use Asian Psyclocke Betsy. Whatever, we'll see.

I don't see his Superman going anywhere, kidding aside. He should cut his losses and go for a good MCU role at this point.

It was reported that he met with Marvel about a year ago. Herc made sense, but I always thought it'd be a sort of "meatier" role like Cyclops. Get Rose Leslie as Jean Grey and I'll be happy. Although I'm pulling for Jensen Ackles as Cyclops. Cavill could be a great Brian Braddock, but I think they'll ruin him and prop up his sister like in the comics, now that they can't use Asian Psyclocke Betsy. Whatever, we'll see.

I don't see his Superman going anywhere, kidding aside. He should cut his losses and go for a good MCU role at this point.
I'm not really sure there is a good MCU role anymore...

Spoiler…. Take it with a grain of salt

Apparently dr doom might be in this cause a pic of him was leaked .

I'm not really sure there is a good MCU role anymore...
Going off my wishlists, we have:
  • DOOM
  • REEEEEEEEEEEEchards
  • Maker
  • Silver Surfer
  • Xavier
  • MagNEATO
  • Cyclops
  • Jean
  • Cable
  • Mr. Sinister
  • Captain Britain
  • Mephisto
  • Ares
That's about the extent of the characters I care about. I guess I could give a shot to a properly written Richard Rider. Honestly, after Kang got done so dirty, and from the leaks I'm reading Namor is literally an OC (cool sounding Mayan OC, but an OC nonetheless), I find it hard to care. If my absolute favourites are ruined, why bother with the rest? I even scrapped my FF shelf ideas, but that was mostly because of saturation with the current dolly prices. I need a Reed for my Illuminati, I'll stick a Surfer with my Thanos and Adam Warlock, I'm hopeful for a Maker, I'll get all the Dooms, and that's it. My X-Shelf got scrapped and I'm planning on getting very few characters and spreading them all over.

Honestly, I was never enarmored with the movies themselves, and looked at them as a source for dolls. Between the bad castings and the boring designs that make for cheap-looking figures, I can't get excited anymore. The only thing I'm looking forward to is DOOM, but if they connect him with Clown Kang I'll be mad.

Spoiler Spoiler:
It's not for L&T. The rumor goes that it's the talked about bit from BP2's post-credits scene. Not that it looks like anything beyond a grainy piece of digital art. It's the little pic in the middle there. It looks similar to this other supposed leak to me:

Spoiler Spoiler:

On that front Howard Stern of all people talked about
Spoiler Spoiler:

These are more fit for the BP2 or Phase 4 threads though, as there are more leaks regarding Namor and the such. On the L&T front what I'm seeing from Twitter and such places is that this literally just a comedy and not much else. Even people who loved Ragnarok got too tired with this one. If people who give MCU flicks 9s suddenly give this a 7, then something's off. I have no horse in this race as I literally don't care about it beyond seeing Crowe ham it up, considering they wasted even Bale so... Meh.

big thor fan since the early 1960s ,from what ive seen this and these last film aren't for me
,although despite their limitations and faults i can find something in the first two to enjoy ,but these later ones are like the austin powers version of a superhero film

Last edited:
big thor fan since the early 1960s ,from what ive seen this and these last film aren't for me
,although despite their limitations and faults i can find something in the first two to enjoy ,but these later ones are like the austin powers version of a superhero film

Been thinking the same. They might be fun but they don't really do justice to a character that old and revered.

Back