This stuff will be worthless in 10 years..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was looking for attention I would have been balls deep in this conversation by now but as it is I am really busy working on my house and work. I should have waited till I had more time to talk on the internet about such things. Was looking to start a more philosophical debate on the subject of this hobby we have been in for over 2 decades

The conversation wasn?t started to complain about me leaving the hobby, it was started to talk about where society is going with materialism and the idea of collecting massed produced expensive collectibles, and if it?s a viable worth while and fulfilling hobby, and or outlet for people to be enjoyed anymore, now and the future to come.

Times are changing and a lot of the things we held dear are no longer so. The idea of this topic is - can this last? Will something something take it?s place in a digital age? Will we be to consumed by digital and social media to even care about physical objects?... dolls..

But my thumbs are getting tired and my computer is still not set up. Hopefully by the weeks end I can delve deeper.

Oh, and I?m not one to argue over dolls on the internet, so you may only get one reply from me if I think your being a crazy keyboard internet nut job with too much time in your hands. Lol. I usually stop conversing with you at that point and continue on with my real life day to day activities. The internet has become such a mess hasn?t it. Lol.

Let?s have a great conversation.

Ps. It?s been a while. Nice to see ya again Nash. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in this hobby for the fun of adding a wanted collectible to my collection, the thrill of finding and adding a grail to that same collection.

My collection makes me happy and that's all that matters.

This stuff will be worthless in 10 years....​

In the grand scheme of things... its worthless now.
Very true

I collect to have a cool, well rounded collection of the things I like, I don't buy to sell them later, although I'm grateful I can make some of my money back if it comes to it

"Do not dream of possession of what you do not have: rather reflect on the greatest blessings in what you do have, and on their account remind yourself how much they would have been missed if they were not there. But at the same time you must be careful not to let your pleasure in them habituate you to dependency, to avoid distress if they are sometimes absent"
--Caligula

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself in your way of thinking."
--Pol Pot

"Hot Toys gave me the courage to make billions of dollars." - Elon Musk

Thank god i don't buy this stuff because of what i can sell it for later. I buy figures with the expectation they might be worth 10 cents on the dollar someday. I bought them because i enjoy the movies and shows they come from. If your concerned about money this is the wrong hobby.

Actually most hobbies are. I am into cars and trucks also and that is a bottomless pit that you will never make your money back but it's fun.

And in ten years we could be dead so enjoy it while you can

He only murdered a couple millions, good to know he was thinking about happy lives...
"Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not ‘This is misfortune,’ but ‘To bear this worthily is good fortune."
--Joseph Stalin

Waiting for some Hitler and Mussolini quotes and we have the entire murdering tyrant spectrum here...

Waiting for some Hitler and Mussolini quotes and we have the entire murdering tyrant spectrum here...

MarcusAurelius.jpg

Keep this thought handy when you feel a fit of rage coming on—it isn’t manly to be enraged. Rather, gentleness and civility are more human, and therefore manlier. A real man doesn’t give way to anger and discontent, and such a person has strength, courage, and endurance—unlike the angry and complaining. The nearer a man comes to a calm mind, the closer he is to strength.
--Benito Mussolini

"You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."
--Nero

Back