This is so strange. I feel "satisfied" with my collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I look around my room and my creme de la creme is on display. All my very top favorite stuff from all my decades of collecting. And surprisingly, most of it was produced in the last few years, seeing as how the toy companies keep churning out newer and better versions of stuff we've had for years.

I also realize I have almost as much stuff in boxes in my closet as stuff out on display. And even MORE stuff in boxes back at my parents's house. I honestly do NOT need any more toys. I have more than enough.

Of course, I have a few items already pre-ordered for 2015. But this is essential stuff! Dream toys finally coming true!

I look around and see stuff I've always wanted and now I have it. Actual physical plastic, right on my shelves.

NECA's ED-209 and Keaton Batman and 6 inch Boba Fett and Bespin Luke and G1 Predaking reissue and Masterpiece Soundwave and Prowl and Starscream and Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile and Project BM Kaneda and Bike and on and on and on.

I look at this stuff and sometimes I STILL can't believe it...so many of my "impossible" toy wishes have come true.

If it exists and I want it, I pretty much have it. It's a strange feeling. I don't think my collection has ever been this close to a state of "completion."

Yes, there are still a few "dream items" that have yet to be produced, but other than those, I feel ridiculously content right now. And I'm totally fine with that. I don't need a constant cycle of buying and selling and buying to feel happy. I like looking at this display and thinking "this is it!"

The last decade has seen some AMAZING product from just about every genre a fan could possibly want toys from. We're really lucky.

Has anyone else experienced this....a feeling of being finished, not out of boredom or frustration or money problems, but actually having all their "wants" crossed off the list? With the staggering amount of products and licenses out there I gotta believe I'm not the only one!

I think much depends on the budget you have available for your toys and collectibles. A person with a low budget (like me) can only dream of possessing certain things. Others with a better paying job or profession can buy pretty much anything they fancy. Dreaming is great but i'd trade a few of mine for more cash :) joking aside i really congratulate you for reaching the saturation level. It is indeed an enviable position. The rest of us can keep dreaming but i must really say that the day i reach that level (if ever possible) i'll stop calling myself a collector and will start referring to myself as the curator of my own little museum.

Been there done that, waited must be 30 years for 12" figures to be good enough to stand in my collection. Wait long enough, you'll get it all. :)

Having said that though, a SS lit Star Destroyer would be great, and from 12", Jake and Elwood Blues oh yeah!

There's always something, from prop replicas, to SS, to 12", to everything in between.

One of my big wants, which I never thought would ever be produced is the Good, Bad Ugly trio, and I got those just last year. There's precious little out there now that I wish for. The Blues Brothers, and maybe a really really good Dirty Harry.

I have a similar feeling. I have my collection on display with minor changes for 2 years already. I own almost all items I want, and just about 6-7 pre-orders coming. Of course I could always look for the MR AT-AT LE to join my SE, for a Vader reveal helmet, a MGC E-11, maybe an Attakus Vader, but I could easily live without any of those. I'm happy with what I have and that is the most important thing.

Been there done that, waited must be 30 years for 12" figures to be good enough to stand in my collection. Wait long enough, you'll get it all. :)

Having said that though, a SS lit Star Destroyer would be great, and from 12", Jake and Elwood Blues oh yeah!

There's always something, from prop replicas, to SS, to 12", to everything in between.

One of my big wants, which I never thought would ever be produced is the Good, Bad Ugly trio, and I got those just last year. There's precious little out there now that I wish for. The Blues Brothers, and maybe a really really good Dirty Harry.

so what were the toys deemed good enough to be in your collection prior the 30 year wait?

Since I started collecting a year ago its been nothing but playing catchup and finding deals on stuff thats gotten hard to find. I've already kind of wound down, got the majority of the things I want but funny thing is I think I've gotten addicted to the buying high

quit.jpg

Getting there. Until Hot Toys finally announces their quarter-scale original Predator and Dutch. Been waiting three years.

I don't think I'll be satisfied until I have a 1/4 predator in my collection, but with people wanting $3k for them and others lining up everywhere for them, who knows if that will ever happen.

Aside from that I too am satisfied with my 1/4 collection. Not much else I'm dying to get right now.

I wish I could say I was happy with mine, but I feel like I'm still missing a few things. I need a nice Magneto statue for starters, and I'd also love to get more Iron Man figures for my collection. I feel like it's incomplete without some of my favorite suits.

Been collecting for 1 year now played catchup last year, I'm very satisfied with my collection of 24 figures now & feel I can retire from collecting HT when HT releases the 66 batmobile, I already have the 89 batmobile my Grail, the tumbler and Delorian On the way but I could seriously walk away when the 66 car comes to reality. I guess I'm just a serious car guy.

I'm close, but I'll never say "done" because you're just one announcement away from wanting to pre-order a piece you never expected. I never expect Brandon Lee as the Crow PF, but I'd order it if announced even if I was already "done" with my display.

Back