Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't originally plan to pick this up, but once I got Buzz I had to get Woody. I bought the standard talking Woody (which is great), but returned it and got the Collection version which has minor upgrades. Buzz definitely gives more bang for your buck, but I'm very happy with this Woody too.

woody1.jpg

woody2.jpg

woody3.jpg

I didn't originally plan to pick this up, but once I got Buzz I had to get Woody. I bought the standard talking Woody (which is great), but returned it and got the Collection version which has minor upgrades. Buzz definitely gives more bang for your buck, but I'm very happy with this Woody too.

woody1.jpg

woody2.jpg

woody3.jpg

He looks great! as soon as I saw the first pic the song "Woody's Round-up" immediately went off in my head!

so what were the minor upgrades?

What I noticed:

-interactive mode with more phrases
-stronger plastic on the belt and boots
-buttons are more centered on the checkered shirt
-the vest is a bit stiffer so it holds its shape more
-slightly sharper detailing on the badge and belt buckle (which are both painted copper, so the cheaper versions that have a yellow/orange buckle are actually more accurate)
-arms and legs are a little stiffer (the regular version flops around quite a bit, which isn't a bad thing, but the stiffer legs look less bow-legged when "posed")
-different colored stitching on pants where the knees are
-painted lines on hair
-hat has real stitching

John Lasseter talks about the Collection series in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yy9eFBm_ug&feature=player_profilepage (supposedly there are six more videos coming up - ooooooo!)

Last edited:
I must have that Rex!!!

I already got him. :wacky

P1020947.jpg

"I'M A PREDATOR!! No really!"

P1020948.jpg

I absolutely LOVE these figures. I'm so happy that someone FINALLY released some high quality Toy Story figures. My Pull String Woody from TS2 is horrible compared to this new Collection version.

I also finally got a chance to pull out my old Slinky. :)

Here's a link to some info on Mr.Potato Head. Amazon had it up for a while but pulled it. I hope that they can use Don Ricklles voice for the figure.

https://www.stylefeeder.com/i/h08z2j85/Toy-Story-Collection-Mr-Potato-Head

There's supposed to be a second wave of these Collection figures early next year but Thinkway hasn't announced which characters they'll be. I'm hoping for Jessie, Bullseye, Bo Peep, and Zurg.

How do you like Rex? He seems cool, but not as cool as Woody and Buzz. Does he have the same voice?

Wow. Rex looks awesome!

Is that the best Woody's hat can fit? As most pics have it like that and it looks a little odd.

Last edited:
has anyone got pics of these next to the original ones that came out? I used to have a woody (stop snickering at the back there) and Buzz from when the first film came out. I seem to remember loving Buzz... but can't remember any differences from what these ones look like.

these look so cool i need to get them for my girlfriend and tbh i think i may get a set my self now.

i have seen some from the us for sale online but i dont want to pay 70 quid then have them come out in the uk from 50 and what if i wait and they never come out in the uk then go up in value :confused:

what do you guys think i should do???

These look much better than the original ones that came out with the first film...i still have all of those...

One thing that still makes me crazy about Buzz, and i am surprised no one has mentioned it...is his dome, it doesn't go all the way back, i hate the half open look, i would have much more preferred a dome that's removable if they couldn't get it go back into the body correctly...you know what i am saying?

they still all look great and i will probably replace my old ones with these..but that damn dome!

M.

These look much better than the original ones that came out with the first film...i still have all of those...

One thing that still makes me crazy about Buzz, and i am surprised no one has mentioned it...is his dome, it doesn't go all the way back, i hate the half open look, i would have much more preferred a dome that's removable if they couldn't get it go back into the body correctly...you know what i am saying?

they still all look great and i will probably replace my old ones with these..but that damn dome!

M.

same here. it's one reason i was actually excited to get the 3 3/4'' buzz since it closes.

I think you misunderstood. He was wishing the helmet retracted all the way into his suit

Im really starting to get pissed off now. I can not find these anywhere. Every store I have been to has the cheaper "toy" versions. :(

Back