Things that I marvel at

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I thought I'd made that up - the memory must have been real then. Who funds those kinds of films? I'm amazed if there's a worthwhile return to be had on crap like that.

In other news, Other Topics, Forum Questions & Suggestions and the Introductions sections just need to be nuked from orbit at this point. I know I'm a fool for responding to these spammers, can't seem to help myself

sometimes it can't be helped :lol

How I can type out a long post, change my mind about it and hit back in my browser without any interjection by the forum but other times I can type a single letter - the forum will autosave it - and then ask me if I'm sure I want to leave the post when I hit the back button. wtf.

"Researchers who conducted the analysis said it was not clear how the virus was linked to psychiatric conditions such as anxiety and depression, but that these were the most common diagnoses among the 14 disorders they looked at."

Well gee, I wonder if shutting everything down for over a year, losing jobs, and not being able to see anyone may play a small part in this? Most people like me who have some questions about it know it's real. But we also see that they politicized it. If you don't see it I don't know what to tell you. Funny how the flu virtually disappeared since Covid.

"Researchers who conducted the analysis said it was not clear how the virus was linked to psychiatric conditions such as anxiety and depression, but that these were the most common diagnoses among the 14 disorders they looked at."

Well gee, I wonder if shutting everything down for over a year, losing jobs, and not being able to see anyone may play a small part in this? Most people like me who have some questions about it know it's real. But we also see that they politicized it. If you don't see it I don't know what to tell you. Funny how the flu virtually disappeared since Covid.

There are mental health implications of harsh pandemic measures, of course - but current research indicates elevated COVID19 correlation with respiratory and neurological conditions as well as with various psychiatric conditions. If further research supports this then it'll mean that irrespective of lockdowns, you'd be way better off catching flu than COVID.

Re: the lesser instances of flu, it's not funny but logical, surely? Influenza doesn't spread anywhere near as easily as coronavirus, so incidence is greatly diminished by simple health measures that were not widely practiced before the pandemic: washing hands regularly, being aware of what you're touching - including your face - social distancing, not turning up to work or social events with 'just a sniffle'. Occurrence of flu will likely continue to follow a downward trend if the majority of people maintain sensible hygiene practices habituated through the pandemic.

Few other countries politicised the virus to the extent that the US has imo, but I'm not going to comment on that other than to say it's sad how polarised America is right now. On a personal level I've got family and friends there, but geopolitically I don't at all like the look of the countries challenging US global influence.

Anyway, I'm regretting that post 'cause if a year has taught me anything it's that whatever we plebs think about COVID it doesn't count for much, if at all. How have you been managing through 2020/21? What's been keeping you going?

We should inject ourselves with mRNA that teaches our DNA to replicate viral particles linked to these neurological disorders. We should not call it an experimental gene therapy; that would sound scary. We will just call it a vaccine because people are comfortable with that term. We should do that on a mass scale without the minimum of two years of trials done with other vaccines to prove their safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogan's another dumb mook with an audience. Nothing he said makes any sense. "Sorry if your kid died but mine didn't so y'all shouldn't worry."

"If you're young and healthy don't worry about it."

Guess they don't need to worry about Ebola or HIV if they're young and healthy, huh? :lol

We should inject ourselves with mRNA that teaches our DNA to replicate viral particles linked to these neurological disorders.[...]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just the spike protein. A little protein never hurt anybody. :lol

I went old school and got a blast of Astra Zeneca. I feel smurfy.

Rogan's another dumb mook with an audience. Nothing he said makes any sense. "Sorry if your kid died but mine didn't so y'all shouldn't worry."

"If you're young and healthy don't worry about it."

Guess they don't need to worry about Ebola or HIV if they're young and healthy, huh? :lol

Yeah, and he's just as misinformed as a large portion of the audience who follows him. Almost 600,000 dead (and counting) in less than a year in the U.S., and vaccine-resistant variants of COVID are now spreading in some states. And yet, there's still so much denial about what's going on...

It's just the spike protein. A little protein never hurt anybody. :lol

I went old school and got a blast of Astra Zeneca. I feel smurfy.

Awesome! I got the fist shot of Pfizer's vaccine last week, I'm due back in a few weeks.

Well I wouldn't go to Rogan for scientific nor medical information, but he has an opinion just like anyone else does. And if you take a look at the numbers, it shows:

Capture.JPG

Looks very insignificant. But always look deeper. If your kid is overweight/obese/Vitamin D deficient, I would go ahead with getting them a shot. Obviously, anyone over 30 should really get it. But in a country of 330mil at least, 600,000 is a very minor number. And if some of these Governors were intelligent, they would have totally sealed off nursing homes like a military installation. But Cuomo decided it was smart to send Covid patients INTO nursing homes! Got to put political missteps into the equation too. I do think Trump should've stopped all international travel for a longer period of time, but us Americans have to be in every crevice of the world. I would have preferred to have bailed out the airlines instead of every small restaurant in the U.S.

Well, Rogan has a platform that reaches millions of people per episode, so it's a blatant lack of responsibility for him to be so clueless, because people are going to listen to him and put their safety at risk. I used to like his nonchalant way of interviewing everyone, but there's a point where not being up to speed with current events (and even common sense) just becomes dangerous.

As for the official death toll, it's pretty conservative. It doesn't take into account the people who've contracted COVID and died in their homes without diagnosis, as well as those who died from underlying health conditions that were exasperated as a result of becoming infected.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/13/us/deaths-covid-other-causes.html

Lots of political failures to go around, true. I just hope this pandemic ends soon.

Last edited:
Well, Rogan has a platform that reaches millions of people per episode, so it's a blatant lack of responsibility for him to be so clueless, because people are going to listen to him and put their safety at risk. I used to like his non-nonchalant way of interviewing everyone, but there's a point where not being up to speed with current events (and even common sense) just becomes dangerous.

As for the official death toll, it's pretty conservative. It doesn't take into account the people who've contracted COVID and died in their homes without diagnosis, as well as those who died from underlying health conditions that were exasperated as a result of becoming infected.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/13/us/deaths-covid-other-causes.html

Lots of political failures to go around, true. I just hope this pandemic ends soon.

Rogan is one of many people that have big followings and spout out non-sense. He might just get highlighted more since he might be considered more right wing than the liberal ones are and they want to punish him. I'm sure there is plenty of rich libs on Twitter spouting what they think is best for everyone, but I dumped Twitter a long time ago.

Well and hospitals supposedly getting paid on the amount of Covid patients and if other countries are not doing a thorough job of testing, so we could be pretty good compared to a lot of them. It is going to be very interesting on the reporting looking back on this with the failures that have taken place. I looked up the amount of deaths in my state, Missouri, and it is just like the Covid deaths have completely replaced the average death rate. So are hospitals converting other deaths to just say that Covid took them out for more money and/or laziness? I don't know, just in a capitalist society, it is hard to pass up easy overpaid gov't money than to do the right thing. Will the gov't try and prove fraud for these cases? Just lots of questions out there and science should be questioned, since that is the best way to prove it's effectiveness. The CDC are obviously too political with it constantly changing it's recommendations, are they looking out for the small minority more than the majority?

I do think that mask wearing has obviously cut down on the flu. I think going forward, there should be some discussion on cutting down the flu with mask wearing in significantly populated/condensed areas in flu season time. No mandates, just school by school or state by state thinking on this. Covid is clearly more deadly than the flu, but the flu still kills a lot of people every year in the U.S.

Rogan is one of many people that have big followings and spout out non-sense. He might just get highlighted more since he might be considered more right wing than the liberal ones are and they want to punish him. I'm sure there is plenty of rich libs on Twitter spouting what they think is best for everyone, but I dumped Twitter a long time ago.

Well and hospitals supposedly getting paid on the amount of Covid patients and if other countries are not doing a thorough job of testing, so we could be pretty good compared to a lot of them. It is going to be very interesting on the reporting looking back on this with the failures that have taken place. I looked up the amount of deaths in my state, Missouri, and it is just like the Covid deaths have completely replaced the average death rate. So are hospitals converting other deaths to just say that Covid took them out for more money and/or laziness? I don't know, just in a capitalist society, it is hard to pass up easy overpaid gov't money than to do the right thing. Will the gov't try and prove fraud for these cases? Just lots of questions out there and science should be questioned, since that is the best way to prove it's effectiveness. The CDC are obviously too political with it constantly changing it's recommendations, are they looking out for the small minority more than the majority?

I do think that mask wearing has obviously cut down on the flu. I think going forward, there should be some discussion on cutting down the flu with mask wearing in significantly populated/condensed areas in flu season time. No mandates, just school by school or state by state thinking on this. Covid is clearly more deadly than the flu, but the flu still kills a lot of people every year in the U.S.

I'm not sure how the pandemic has personally affected you, but here in NYC we were hit especially hard. Local hospitals around this time last year were over-burnded by COVID patients, and had set up make-shift morgues and refrigerated trucks just to store the excess bodies. That's not padding the numbers. Also, hospital received federal stimulus for treating COVID patients because the cost of care was more expensive, including the added costs for those who ended up on ventilators:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/21/facebook-posts/Fact-check-Hospitals-COVID-19-payments/

As for the CDC, their recommendations were subject to change, because it was still a novel virus last year and not much was known about it (and much is still not known about the spread, given the occurrence of new vaccine-resistant strains). I'm not saying that you shouldn't question things, but when it comes to a public health crisis, it's in your best interest to listen to the experts and not the political yokels. Better to err on the side of caution and keep yourself safe as well as those around you.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how the pandemic has personally affected you, but here in NYC we were hit especially hard. Local hospitals around this time last year were over-burnded by COVID patients, and had set up make-shift morgues and refrigerated trucks just to store the excess bodies. That's not padding the numbers. Also, hospital received federal stimulus for treating COVID patients because the cost of care was more expensive, including the added costs for those who ended up on ventilators:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/21/facebook-posts/Fact-check-Hospitals-COVID-19-payments/

As for the CDC, their recommendations were subject to change, because it was still a novel virus last year and not much was known about it (and much is still not known about the spread, given the occurrence of new vaccine-resistant strains). I'm not saying that you shouldn't question things, but when it comes to a public health crisis, it's in your best interest to listen to the experts and not the political yokels. Better to err on the side of caution and keep yourself safe as well as those around you.

Well NYC is so tightly packed I would imagine it would get hit hard with a pandemic like this. It is a lot to take in with so much going on and so much politics at play. I agree to err on the side of caution and common sense. Seems like some haven't in between shot doses. Get my second the middle of this month.

The fact that a reviewer can spend nearly 20 minutes talking about a $1000 statue and not know that the character is female and not a male.

Back